Dissapointed

Kristofke

That Disney way of being friendly really gets annoying after two weeks of vacation when you are for example Belgian (Dutch people would also love the Disney Difference, they also act a lot of their friendlynes)

The Magic Kingdom in WDW is not saved by the Cast Members in comparinson to DLRP.

DLRP is much better in almost every way except the food!

I have never had e problem with a DLP cast member.

And you probably just had a very bad day when you visited the park. When people want to look for annoying things, they will find them.

And WDW better? Hmm... I don't really think so. The only advantage that WDW has is the feeling of realy being on a holiday. Good warm weather, Americans, etc (going to a disney themepark filled with americans and american cast members really does make a difference in the kind of feeling you get about the park).

DLP is french yes, so are most of the cast members. And yes all of the cast members I encountered in the many many many times I visited the resort were friendly. Even the Phantom Manor cast members start to act creepy when it gets dark.

When you visit the park, you can have one or two bad experiences, but when you have a list of twenty things you didn't like, and you are going to let dlp know, they will probably throw away your letter. They probably give the guest with one or maximum two complaints more credibility. Because they also know that it was probably a bad day for you, or you are just one of those crazy Disney fans who wants to have everything like in the States.

Altough I respect your opinion, I also have the right ofcourse to think my thoughts about your list of complaints.

I am also convinced by the fact that the Disney Difference does NOT work in DLPR. European people really don't like the friendlyness like Americans. They really don't, they get annoyed by it. Me too after two weeks vacation in Disney World. When a CM smiles in DLP, you know he/she really smiles. When they are friendly and nice it feels much more sincere than when an American CM does. That's the way I feel it.

disney_nutter

Kristofke said:
That Disney way of being friendly really gets annoying after two weeks of vacation when you are for example Belgian (Dutch people would also love the Disney Difference, they also act a lot of their friendlynes)

The Magic Kingdom in WDW is not saved by the Cast Members in comparinson to DLRP.

And you probably just had a very bad day when you visited the park. When people want to look for annoying things, they will find them.

And WDW better? Hmm... I don't really think so. The only advantage that WDW has is the feeling of realy being on a holiday. Good warm weather, Americans, etc (going to a disney themepark filled with americans and american cast members really does make a difference in the kind of feeling you get about the park).

DLP is french yes, so are most of the cast members. And yes all of the cast members I encountered in the many many many times I visited the resort were friendly. Even the Phantom Manor cast members start to act creepy when it gets dark.

When you visit the park, you can have one or two bad experiences, but when you have a list of twenty things you didn't like, and you are going to let dlp know, they will probably throw away your letter. They probably give the guest with one or maximum two complaints more credibility. Because they also know that it was probably a bad day for you, or you are just one of those crazy Disney fans who wants to have everything like in the States.

Altough I respect your opinion, I also have the right ofcourse to think my thoughts about your list of complaints.

I am also convinced by the fact that the Disney Difference does NOT work in DLPR. European people really don't like the friendlyness like Americans. They really don't, they get annoyed by it. Me too after two weeks vacation in Disney World. When a CM smiles in DLP, you know he/she really smiles. When they are friendly and nice it feels much more sincere than when an American CM does. That's the way I feel it.

Couldnt agree more.:sohappy:

Nala_84

Absolutely right :sohappy: !!
I don't need any CMs that play the happy Disney guy if he isn't one at all! I just wanna have fun there and that's it ;)

DisneyWales

Original Poster
Ok

Kristofke said:

Ok thats fair enough if that what you belive then feel free, however i do not call having a Cast Member pin my arm in a ride harness as professional if you do then please feel free to ride Space Mountain. As for the Disney Difference, thats what makes going to Disney different from going to Alton Towers. It really shouldnt be about the whole Europe vs America thing because for me that wasn't the issue, and i dont think im alone, hence why DLRP is the least visited out of all Disney Destinations. I even had Cast members in DLRP agreeing with me. Saything that they worked in Epcot for a year on the exchange programe they run, and after coming back they think DLRP Pales in comparison, and just doesn't feel like Disney.

You can have your opionion please do, but you ain't gonna change the fact that DLRP in my eyes and alot of peoples eyes isn't up to the standard it should be.

disney_nutter

DisneyWales said:
You can have your opionion please do, but you ain't gonna change the fact that DLRP in my eyes and alot of peoples eyes isn't up to the standard it should be.

Disneyland paris is up to standard thats why i cant get what youve said. Do you not think who go to florida sometimes just have a bad day. And will you please stop comparing it to wdw once again i dont want to start a figth but DLP isnt WDW you cant compare them and if you do im sorry for your view.

DisneyWales

Original Poster
disney_nutter said:
Disneyland paris is up to standard thats why i cant get what youve said. Do you not think who go to florida sometimes just have a bad day. And will you please stop comparing it to wdw once again i dont want to start a figth but DLP isnt WDW you cant compare them and if you do im sorry for your view.

Lets look at figures, i spent 4 days In DLRP, and ive spent over a month in Florida, of those four days only 1 day went without something happening that didn't have me wanting to go running to Guest relations.

Where as in Florida ive only been to Guest services to complain twice, once was over Chester and Hesters, but wasnt really a complaint, just a comment, the other was over how fragile Annual Passes are (ours keep getting damaged and we always need to get them reprinted). Never about Cast member behavior, where as in DLRP I have at least 6 casses of poor cast member behaviour. That is my beef with DLRP not the park itself as on the whole it was a plesent experiance, some issue with my hotel but as people have pointed outs its under rehab, mainly i belive some of the staff in the Paris resort are unprofessional, if you have never experienced this then i congratulate you.

Belive me i do not go looking for these things, but having a cast member smoking on stage, closing a ride harness with his feet, on my arm, and leaning over my seat with me in are not professional of any park in the world let alone a Disney Park. I hope that i am unfortunate and what i experienced was a freak occurrence, but please dont belittle my opinion just becuase you dont see it that way. I have not belittled your opinion, just defended mine.

gblack

DisneyWales said:
Lets look at figures, i spent 4 days In DLRP, and ive spent over a month in Florida, of those four days only 1 day went without something happening that didn't have me wanting to go running to Guest relations.

Where as in Florida ive only been to Guest services to complain twice, once was over Chester and Hesters, but wasnt really a complaint, just a comment, the other was over how fragile Annual Passes are (ours keep getting damaged and we always need to get them reprinted). Never about Cast member behavior, where as in DLRP I have at least 6 casses of poor cast member behaviour. That is my beef with DLRP not the park itself as on the whole it was a plesent experiance, some issue with my hotel but as people have pointed outs its under rehab, mainly i belive some of the staff in the Paris resort are unprofessional, if you have never experienced this then i congratulate you.

Belive me i do not go looking for these things, but having a cast member smoking on stage, closing a ride harness with his feet, on my arm, and leaning over my seat with me in are not professional of any park in the world let alone a Disney Park. I hope that i am unfortunate and what i experienced was a freak occurrence, but please dont belittle my opinion just becuase you dont see it that way. I have not belittled your opinion, just defended mine.

Disney Wales...I leave for DLPR on Saturday & am really looking forward to it. You seem to me as you are one of these people who are alwasy looking for something to complian about. Have you nothing better to do on your trip than make 6 trips to Customer relations to make a complaint. DLPR is never going to be as great as WDW everybody knows that, but to keep make comparisons in quite unfair. I am sure the isolated incidents that you mention are fully out weighed by the good elements of DLPR. Unfortunately we do not live in a perfect world, something you obviously do not except. I also feel the purpose of your post is to say "I go to WDW lots & lots of times" well you are very lucky, but most of us are not in that position. I have been lucky enough to goto WDW and DLPR twice this year, and am thoroughly looking forward my trip to Paris this xmas.:mad:

srkingdom2

I wonder if all the bad things said about Disneyland Paris are true... I have gone too both Disneyland in California and WDW at least 2 to three times a year and ive been wanting to go to Disneyland Paris for a while now and i was starting to make reservations for this summer, planing my flight and hotel reservations... But if it is in anyway how people described it on this forum i dont know if i want to go anymore?!?

DisneyWales

Original Poster
srkingdom2 said:
I wonder if all the bad things said about Disneyland Paris are true... I have gone too both Disneyland in California and WDW at least 2 to three times a year and ive been wanting to go to Disneyland Paris for a while now and i was starting to make reservations for this summer, planing my flight and hotel reservations... But if it is in anyway how people described it on this forum i dont know if i want to go anymore?!?

You should never let anyone else decide for, as im sure you can tell there are people here who enjoy DLRP, and there is plenty to enjoy in the parks. The only person who can decide if its what YOU like, is you. Over the coming years the resort will only get better and better. My official line on the whole situation is, i did have a nice time, but i know it could have been better. Maybe i expected too much, maybe my standards are too high, but im only going by the standard set by other resorts.

Please dont let my experience turn you away from an experiance, at the end of the day its worth the trip just to see with your own eyes how stunning France and Paris really are.

Kristofke

You went to the guest relations in WDW?

Damn, the only time I went there was for my friend who was looking for a Disney Cruise line brochure.

In DLP I have never visited the guest relations to file in a complaint. Sometimes I want to, but that's only about one thing and that's the bad announcements in other languages than french, for parades etc.

That's all.

When you can even find two things to go and complain in WDW, damn, you must be good at this.

If you think that your complaints are accepted with a smile in WDW, think again, in your face they will smile and appoligze, but behind your back, oh boy, they laugh about it, they know the difference between someone like you, and someone who really has a point for complaining. They can see that difference between a fan, and a tourist, between someone who always complains and someone who thinks "oh well, not everything can be perfect, but this was unacceptable".

Maybe you can go complain that the mickey mouse hat is in the way of Man Chinese Theater.

That would be a great complaint.

Kristofke

Last time I was in WDW the tap (you know, the thing with hot and cold) in the shower in Typhoon Lagoon fall on my foot (to be exactly, my big toe, the nail)

You know... THAT really hurt!!

I did indeed said something about it. I wanted to see someone of the First Aid. But that post seemed to be already closed down. But someone, a manager or so, came down with some cold ice. I wasn't angry, I wasn't disappointed in Disney. I didn't file in a complaint about that situation.

I mean, the thing could have been broken by the person who showered before me.

And the thing was probably fixed that evening, before some nut would have the same accident and try to bankrupt WDW.

You see now? If that would have happened to you in WDW, you probably went crazy, and the the person at guest relations would not sleep well that night. But even than you would have found it less of a problem than when it would happen in your bathroom in the hotel in DLP.

DisneyWales

Original Poster
Kristofke said:
Last time I was in WDW the tap (you know, the thing with hot and cold) in the shower in Typhoon Lagoon fall on my foot (to be exactly, my big toe, the nail)

You know... THAT really hurt!!

I did indeed said something about it. I wanted to see someone of the First Aid. But that post seemed to be already closed down. But someone, a manager or so, came down with some cold ice. I wasn't angry, I wasn't disappointed in Disney. I didn't file in a complaint about that situation.

I mean, the thing could have been broken by the person who showered before me.

And the thing was probably fixed that evening, before some nut would have the same accident and try to bankrupt WDW.

You see now? If that would have happened to you in WDW, you probably went crazy, and the the person at guest relations would not sleep well that night. But even than you would have found it less of a problem than when it would happen in your bathroom in the hotel in DLP.

Ok i can see this isnt going to get us any where as it has decended into childish banter. Out of the two complaints i have made the first one i had three Cast Member Cheer and thank me for saying it, (Chester and Hester) They were glad that Guests were going to them to say what they thought about that area of AK. I wasn't trying to get anything out of them, I just wanted to tell them how I felt, and Surprise Surprise they thanked me! Telling me that they appriciate it when i guest gives them educated feedback. So Screw you!

I dont always complain for the sake of it, and i dont complain to get anything free, when the offer me stuff I turn it down I say, im not doing it to get something out of it, im doing it to bring it to their attention. When Wishes screwed up on the actual 50th Birthday (July 17th this year) I just laughed to myself and said oh well it happens. Where as there were people at GR Screaming and calling Blue Murder.

Disney like to hear what people think about the parks, I have been asked a number of times to visit Guest Relations to say what I think about things. It's called customer Feedback and that how Parks make things better.

Also due to a comment I made about the way Disney Advertised their old Park Hopper Tickets, Disney changed the wording on their leaflets. So again this is helpful feedback.

Also i go to guest relation to give postive feedback, and i have filled out forms with compliments, saying what I enjoyed and to thank them for doing such good things, like I also did in Paris, I left a note in the reception commenting on how helpful and friendly a Cast Member was to us while we stayed.

I am that kind of person, if i really enjoy myself i will go out of my way to say thank you, if i havent, i will go out of my way to say so. What Disney choose to do with that information is up to them NOT YOU. I have had Guest Relations agents thank me for pointing out the good and bad, thats the only way they know its going right.

So please can we stop the childish name calling, and move on, I was dissapointed by DLRP, I had some good times there, and some bad, on the whole bad. I compare it to WDW because that is the template (as in its one that Walt actually designed), the issues Im raising with the resort in my letter are all to do with safety and cast member attitude, nothing to do with the parade or rides etc. I used to work for a financial company as a customer service agent, and belive me I know, all comments are taken on board, and some of them can change policies and practices.

If you enjoy DLRP then well done to you, i dont understand why you have to reduce this thread to childish finger pointing, if you dont agree then fine, and you have a right to say so. Buy please grow up, if you cant defend your point in a mature manner, save us all the time of not having to read it.

You have not once posted anything to say why DLRP is actually better or as good as DLRP, you have just attacked me personally, not even my points.:mad: :brick:

Kristofke

All the times I visited DLPR I've never seen the things you complain about.

So why should I comment on them... I never saw such things.

Tim G

Guys???

PLEASE stop this YES / NO War... I guess you're BOTH right...

But stop this endless and useless conversation...

Connor002

srkingdom2 said:
Good no more comments this thread is officially dead!!

It's not dead 'till Steve (or another Mod) closes it; or until someone mentions the Harry Potter ride... oh, wait...:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom