DisneyWorld Proposals

SonicKryptonite

Original Poster
It was empty on January 2nd for fireworks. I don't think it's ever busy.

Here is the firework views from the spot.

View attachment 614929

The daytime views aren't that exciting, but in terms of the nighttime firework views, they are awesome, and its empty.

View attachment 614930

The beach in question is just to the right of the bridge going to the cabanas.

The one thing, is at night, TTC has flourescent white lights, and while the ferry boats look cool, especially lit up, they honk their horn occasionally.
Oh wow, thank you for this. This is very helpful!

Eric Graham

Yes, the water is very calm usually. The skippers are great too. They take you to watch the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom first, then Epcot. I believe. It is very nice being on the boat with just the two of you and the captain.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Yes, the water is very calm usually. The skippers are great too. They take you to watch the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom first, then Epcot. I believe. It is very nice being on the boat with just the two of you and the captain.
There are two separate fireworks cruises, one for Magic Kingdom and one for Epcot.

The waters do not connect so it would be impossible to cruise from Magic Kingdom to Epcot and see both shows.

SonicKryptonite

Original Poster
Forgot to say, can we get an update on this thread, on how you finally decided to pop the question, where, and obviously what the outcome was?
So sorry for the radio silence, it's been a whirlwind over here! In the end I decided to propose in Surrey (where we have bought our first house together and hopefully start a family together) before we went out there (that way we could spend close to three weeks celebrating our engagement and birthdays while out there).

First attempt failed as she fell ill about two hours before I was meant to do it, but I re-planned for the next week. Rented a beautiful canopy, with strawberries, macarons, wine, candles, bluetooth speaker and fairy lights and proposed to her there. She said yes, we had the canopy for two hours, celebrated and talked and then went to afternoon tea to celebrate (super British, I know haha).

Two weeks later we were off to Disney to celebrate (she was super happy I did it this way around as well when I told her my original plans!)

Thanks so much for the advice everyone!

kamnasrivastava

Hello, so I have a bit of a doozy of a question to ask -

My partner and I are supposed to go to DisneyWorld this April (1st to 17th), her 29th birthday happens to fall on the 2nd and I was thinking of proposing to her then. We've been together for just over 5 years now, and we have discussed what she does and doesn't like. The main through line is although she wants effort put into it and wants it to be special, what she DOESN'T want is it to be in front of a large crowd as she hates being the centre of attention in that sense (so no Disney Castle/restaurant proposals or anything with a lot of eyes looking at her).

I've tried phoning customer services up but they weren't able to help as much as I would have liked (kept suggesting the Rivera Resort Restaurant or C*li Grill which seems overplayed anyway?) and because we are from the UK there aren't too many numbers I can phone to ask around (I've tried the Fairy Tale email and I got a generic response saying they are only dealing with weddings and renewal requests at the moment...).

The main option I've come back to is the carriage rides you can do at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort and the Fort Wilderness Resort. I wanted to know if anyone would recommend them and if so if you know of a romantic spot/part in particular where I can pop the question?

I'm also open to suggestions for both DisneyWorld and the main Orlando area - the plan would have been: get up - shopping (maybe the mall or Disney Springs as she loves doing that sort of stuff) - a small lunch - maybe more shopping (we always try to do all the shopping at the front half of our trips) - then whatever the romantic thing I had planned/pop the question (this would be around 3pm to 4:30pm-ish) - dinner etc.

Any suggestions would be amazing! Also any additional suggestions for photographers to capture the moment/any other extras I can plan in advance would be greatly appreciated.

TL;DR? - I want to propose to girlfriend while at Disney/Orlando, she hates crowds/being the centre of attention, we are from the UK so we are limited to who to contact via phones etc. only viable option is carriage ride at one of the two hotels, but open to ideas!
I wanna say I'm pretty impressed by your plans to propose her. Congratulations to you both! ❤️

OG Runner

My son proposed to his wife in front of the castle at the Magic Kingdom. There is a photographer taking people's photos
right there. Capture the moment with a professional photograph.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Also, I am very eager to know about the end to this thread. How did you finally propose to her? I'm sure it would have been just amazing!

He answers your question a few posts up on this page.

So sorry for the radio silence, it's been a whirlwind over here! In the end I decided to propose in Surrey (where we have bought our first house together and hopefully start a family together) before we went out there (that way we could spend close to three weeks celebrating our engagement and birthdays while out there).

First attempt failed as she fell ill about two hours before I was meant to do it, but I re-planned for the next week. Rented a beautiful canopy, with strawberries, macarons, wine, candles, bluetooth speaker and fairy lights and proposed to her there. She said yes, we had the canopy for two hours, celebrated and talked and then went to afternoon tea to celebrate (super British, I know haha).

Two weeks later we were off to Disney to celebrate (she was super happy I did it this way around as well when I told her my original plans!)

Thanks so much for the advice everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom