DisneyWorld Proposals

SonicKryptonite

Original Poster
Yes, I have done quiet a few in my time! I have not done any of the new shows yet though. The beginnings tour you around local parts of the water ways (depending on which one you do Bay Lake or the water way down to DHS and back). The skipper can be as integrated into the conversation as you like. We always love to hear their stories. You can let them know intentions when you book as well. One we had a surprise banner for my birthday. Last one I did was a goodbye to Illuminations cruise. They were shut down for a while but considering for trips this year. They are a relaxing way to see fireworks and be rather private about it. Though there can be other boats out and about but you don't see them until the shows begin.
I know they provide snacks and some drinks (soda and water) but I guess you can bring your own stuff as well? (like wine etc.?) do you know how far in advanced you should book etc? Also what size groups did you go in? I hear you have to be there an hour and 20 minutes before the fireworks; so wondering if it will be fun if it's just the two of us etc.

correcaminos

I know they provide snacks and some drinks (soda and water) but I guess you can bring your own stuff as well? (like wine etc.?) do you know how far in advanced you should book etc? Also what size groups did you go in? I hear you have to be there an hour and 20 minutes before the fireworks; so wondering if it will be fun if it's just the two of us etc.
You can book 60 days IIRC for the cruise. I believe the rule on alcohol is you can order it, but not bring your own which might limit things. I have not heard that has changed. My birthday trip we had it fully booked with 10 total. Others it's just been my family of 3 and another family we often travel with. Considering asking my 14yo if he wants one though we'll be at Polynesian since other tours were booked (this is a 2 year later redo of a mom and son trip that was canceled days before due to covid closure so I'm being generous with him lol).

The best cruise was when it was just us though and I was hugging my son who had never really seen fireworks close up. I'd totally do it for just 2 and it will feel about as private as you can get. Like I said you are free to talk to the captain too as much or as little as you like.

For my birthday one, it was fun as we anchored for Illuminations (it was my favorite fireworks) there were other boats all wishing me happy birthday before the show started. It is fun to do for sure

SonicKryptonite

Original Poster
You can book 60 days IIRC for the cruise. I believe the rule on alcohol is you can order it, but not bring your own which might limit things. I have not heard that has changed. My birthday trip we had it fully booked with 10 total. Others it's just been my family of 3 and another family we often travel with. Considering asking my 14yo if he wants one though we'll be at Polynesian since other tours were booked (this is a 2 year later redo of a mom and son trip that was canceled days before due to covid closure so I'm being generous with him lol).

The best cruise was when it was just us though and I was hugging my son who had never really seen fireworks close up. I'd totally do it for just 2 and it will feel about as private as you can get. Like I said you are free to talk to the captain too as much or as little as you like.

For my birthday one, it was fun as we anchored for Illuminations (it was my favorite fireworks) there were other boats all wishing me happy birthday before the show started. It is fun to do for sure
Thank you so much - that’s incredible information and that might be the one for me!

NelleBelle

Feel free to PM me if this is too personal a question, but how much was the private cruise? We are celebrating my oldest son’s HS graduation and my youngest turns 16 while we are there this summer. Might be fun to do (although I did already book Cirque tickets).

Eric Graham

The Isle of Skye is also very beautiful in Scotland. I just mentioned Windsor Castle because it would be wonderful with all of the flowers in bloom for the Spring. You do have to go through extra security if the Queen is on grounds during your stay. We did the carriage ride at Riverside as part of Port Orleans.

correcaminos

Feel free to PM me if this is too personal a question, but how much was the private cruise? We are celebrating my oldest son’s HS graduation and my youngest turns 16 while we are there this summer. Might be fun to do (although I did already book Cirque tickets).
Not too personal. I believe they are just under $400 per boat. Holds up to 10 people and they can decorate with balloons for a small fee. I think that's a fun way to celebrate both milestones.

Eric Graham

It's pretty amazing being out on the water with all of the fireworks going off and you can see multiple parks with different fireworks going off during the cruise. And they also supply food for a fee.

Club Cooloholic

I agree, that's why I want to avoid big crowds as well as I don't want it to be typical place. I'm also considering proposing at home in the UK and then we can we enjoy the trip as it's own separate thing :)
Maybe The UK Pavilion! I will say this, if you do it at home you won't have to worry about losing that ring on the way over or in the parks.

SplashJacket

That's quite a unique idea - silly question, what are the views like? Is it just of the highways or do you get good views while on it?
There are three different lines, so check out this POV video and decide if you like the views, if so which.

We loved the Skyliner. It's super peaceful and quiet. Here are some of the better views.

1642557295160.png

1642557303035.png

1642557309787.png

1642557321245.png

1642557335689.png

SplashJacket

Never been to the Poly before - where about's on the beach? Is it more quiet in the daytime/afternoon?
Ahh okay I just replied to someone asking about where the quiet spots were! Thanks for this, I really appreciate it!
It was empty on January 2nd for fireworks. I don't think it's ever busy.

Here is the firework views from the spot.

1642557559934.png

The daytime views aren't that exciting, but in terms of the nighttime firework views, they are awesome, and its empty.

1642557697704.png

The beach in question is just to the right of the bridge going to the cabanas.

The one thing, is at night, TTC has flourescent white lights, and while the ferry boats look cool, especially lit up, they honk their horn occasionally.

JIMINYCR

Thank you, you are actually the second person to suggest this (and until a few days I didn't even know it existed!). Do you know if a lot of people tend to know about this area or not?
It is one of the overlooked features of the park. Since it is on a side path that some use as a short cut through, and it sits in a cut out and isnt easily seen from the front of the Castle, it isnt visited by many. I always visit it at the end of my trips and make a wish that I will get a return trip in. It has never failed to grant me my wish. :D:D:D

SonicKryptonite

Original Poster
The Isle of Skye is also very beautiful in Scotland. I just mentioned Windsor Castle because it would be wonderful with all of the flowers in bloom for the Spring. You do have to go through extra security if the Queen is on grounds during your stay. We did the carriage ride at Riverside as part of Port Orleans.
Thanks, we have just come back from Scotland from Christmas - she might be suspicious if I have drag her 8 hours back that way again 😅

SonicKryptonite

Original Poster
It's pretty amazing being out on the water with all of the fireworks going off and you can see multiple parks with different fireworks going off during the cruise. And they also supply food for a fee.
Would you say it's worth the money? Also I assume the waters are quite calm? (i.e. not too bad for people with sea sickness?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom