DisneyWorld Proposals

SonicKryptonite

Original Poster
She doesnt like crowds so heres a suggestion. And you can be in Magic Kingdom as well. On the right side passing by Cinderellas Castle walking towards Tomorrowland there is a small path on the left leading to Cinderellas Wishing Well. The well and benches are in a small cut out. The pathway is isolated from crowds and not busy travelled. You could arrange for a photographer to meet you there at a time thats convenient for you. The Wishing Well also has a nice view of the side of the Castle for photos.
Thank you, you are actually the second person to suggest this (and until a few days I didn't even know it existed!). Do you know if a lot of people tend to know about this area or not?

SonicKryptonite

Original Poster
Personally I would skip the parks. I'm like your girlfriend, I don't like being the center of attention. lol heck, I don't even like it when the servers at a restaurant sing the cheesy happy birthday song to me. ;) but if you want to do a park one of my all time romantic spots is in World showcase in Epcot. if you are in France and walk over the bridge to England, toward the back entrance on your right hand side is a little nook where folks will go done and watch the night time show. so pretty and romantic
See I was hoping for more non-disney recommendations (ironic on this site, I know!) but would love to hear non-disney/more orlando area recommendations! If all else fails I might bring the proposal forward a week or two and do it in the UK.

SonicKryptonite

Original Poster
Does she have a favorite spot in the parks? I would suggest maybe eating at her favorite restaurant and then going to her favorite place in the parks or wherever her favorite spot it on property and proposing then. You could also have a nice walk along the Boardwalk at night or on the path between the Grand Floridian when the fireworks from MK or Epcot are going off and propose then, you'd have the romance of nighttime and fireworks without a lot of crowds.
It will be only her second time there, she loves Typhoon Lagoon (so maybe I can pop it on the Crush N' Gusher 😂) her favourite park is Magic Kingdom and favourite ride is Toy Story Mania, so no favourite parts in particular - but someone recommended the Cinderella Wishing Well which could turn into her favourite spot?

SonicKryptonite

Original Poster
If she wants pretty private but still with a Disney backdrop, how about a fireworks cruise?

If she doesn't like crowds I would skip most park places as well as even restaurants as to me, those are pretty public. I bet the captain would even be willing to snag a few photos of you proposing.
Do you have any personal experiences on these cruises? I've heard a few people mention it but would love to know peoples experiences with it!

SonicKryptonite

Original Poster
So additional options to consider. Path behind tomorrowland to train station if it must be in MK. Tom Sawyer Island also may be sparsely occupied. Her favorite park undoubtedly has a few "less populated" areas. Disney Springs or Skyway may have less attended spots that could serve the purpose. Finally, completely off-property while still having WDW in background, like in a balloon basket or in a helicopter (if budget permits).
We were thinking the Aerophile if we were to do that, I know you can't book in advanced but do you know if it gets busy? She does love Disney Springs as well (proper tourists haha) any spots you would recommend?

SonicKryptonite

Original Poster
I watched Enchantment on January 2nd on Polynesian's Beach. The main beach area was packed, but the area closest to TTC to the right of the Cabanas was absolutely deserted. We were the only people there. It's right here.View attachment 614623

Alternatively, I know you already mentioned it, but California Grill has an exterior balcony overlooking Magic Kingdom that could work for a more peaceful/quiet proposal, before, during, or after the fireworks.

The fireworks cruise idea also works great.

The Yacht and Beach club waterfront is also gorgeous and not crowded. It's right next to the uber fancy Monsieur Paul, so that could be a pre-meal spot.

Another uber fancy restaurant is Victoria & Albert's which could also be good for a pre-proposal meal.
Ahh okay I just replied to someone asking about where the quiet spots were! Thanks for this, I really appreciate it!

SonicKryptonite

Original Poster
Also, you could spend your day at either Hollywood Studios or Epcot, then take the Skyliner to Riviera for dinner, then propose while on the Skyliner? That's super secluded, you could request to ride by yourselves.
That's quite a unique idea - silly question, what are the views like? Is it just of the highways or do you get good views while on it?

SonicKryptonite

Original Poster
I kind of like making a spot in the parks YOUR spot. Something unique and special to you. To be honest wherever you decide to do this will become that spot. If you go the ring in the drink route Olga's Cantina might be a good spot as it can't really support too much of a crowd.
I agree, that's why I want to avoid big crowds as well as I don't want it to be typical place. I'm also considering proposing at home in the UK and then we can we enjoy the trip as it's own separate thing :)

SonicKryptonite

Original Poster
My suggestion would be to not overly plan. It could be difficult to get all the planets to align and the perfect moment to happen.

Have the day you want to propose set, and as you go through the day, look out for quiet spots and moments and catch her by surprise. There are quiet areas that can be found! Also since your girlfriend won't know your plan, she won't know if it went to plan anyway.

Aboard the river cruise in frontierland, if you are on an upper deck, as the boat comes in to dock, everyone flocks to the lower deck to get off. If you stay on the upper deck as long as possible it would be quiet. Perhaps a quick chat with a staff member as you wait to board might help as well.
That's a fair point - that's why I've been flip-flopping between while in Orlando and while we are at home (UK = more control and more unique options, but terrible weather during March/April so can be limiting // Disney/Orlando = beautiful, unique, but more variables and things to juggle)

SonicKryptonite

Original Poster
Forgot to say, can we get an update on this thread, on how you finally decided to pop the question, where, and obviously what the outcome was?
Yeah I will try to if I remember! At the moment I'm just deciding location or date (so mid week March or first week April at the moment), the ring has been picked so it's literally just date and location at the moment!

SonicKryptonite

Original Poster
Since you are both from the UK why not Windsor Castle. It is so beautiful there. We have done the carriage ride at Port Orleans and it is romantic and relaxing. Is there a special place at Disney that you both have a place in your heart? If so, I would choose that area.
We are near the Surrey area, so we have lots of hills and stuff but we are at the mercy of the weather (currently predicting rain and wind on the day I was thinking of 🙃 - otherwise I would have done a picnic somewhere in the country!

Sbk1234

I don't have any good suggestions, as others know the resort better than I do. My wife and I got engaged at Disneyland in California, in a spot that is no longer available to the public. In my opinion, quiet and tranquil worked better, and made for a wonderful moment.

Good luck to you. I'll actually be in Disneyworld at the same time as you (April 9-14). If you see a bald, bearded man in his mid-50s, say hi.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
We were thinking the Aerophile if we were to do that, I know you can't book in advanced but do you know if it gets busy? She does love Disney Springs as well (proper tourists haha) any spots you would recommend?
You buy tickets at the window when you arrive and I would caution you to have a back up plan if you decide on this. It is frequently grounded due to lightning and winds.

MaryJaneP

Not an expert in any of the foregoing. Just thoughts that came to mind. Others may share valuable insights. May both of you enjoy your upcoming trip!

correcaminos

Do you have any personal experiences on these cruises? I've heard a few people mention it but would love to know peoples experiences with it!
Yes, I have done quiet a few in my time! I have not done any of the new shows yet though. The beginnings tour you around local parts of the water ways (depending on which one you do Bay Lake or the water way down to DHS and back). The skipper can be as integrated into the conversation as you like. We always love to hear their stories. You can let them know intentions when you book as well. One we had a surprise banner for my birthday. Last one I did was a goodbye to Illuminations cruise. They were shut down for a while but considering for trips this year. They are a relaxing way to see fireworks and be rather private about it. Though there can be other boats out and about but you don't see them until the shows begin.

SonicKryptonite

Original Poster
I don't have any good suggestions, as others know the resort better than I do. My wife and I got engaged at Disneyland in California, in a spot that is no longer available to the public. In my opinion, quiet and tranquil worked better, and made for a wonderful moment.

Good luck to you. I'll actually be in Disneyworld at the same time as you (April 9-14). If you see a bald, bearded man in his mid-50s, say hi.
Haha thanks, I'll make sure to keep my eyes out 😄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom