Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Agreed. I’m just surprised, considering they own a service that has had that option prior to D+’s launch.

Bad for them for sure.. as it just gives the online sites more to complain about. Just think of how many 'choices' they had to make picking out these catalogs.. and figuring out when/how to prioritize, etc. Kinda mind boggling.

I'm still skeptical they keep it all up and open (like HBO does).. the lure of how to squeeze more upselling is just too much. I think its going to be really interesting to watch how it all plays out!

Tony Perkis

Bad for them for sure.. as it just gives the online sites more to complain about. Just think of how many 'choices' they had to make picking out these catalogs.. and figuring out when/how to prioritize, etc. Kinda mind boggling.

I'm still skeptical they keep it all up and open (like HBO does).. the lure of how to squeeze more upselling is just too much. I think its going to be really interesting to watch how it all plays out!
The Simpsons is huge. They based a non-insubstantial amount of their advertisement on them.

They should have foreseen this.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
The reports of Disney totally ruining the rollout of D+ might be a bit premature....

1573647542197.png

LSLS

There were definitely some issues at 7am, but considering this is Disney, I think you have to be shocked there weren't more issues that went much longer. I did get an email that said there was suspicious use (suspecting because I logged in from my hotel last night as I was traveling) and that my account was locked/needed a new password. But when I clicked the link to do it, it just logged me right in.

Indy_UK

I got it working on my iPad here in the U.K. with a VPN and the has to airplay it to the AppleTV.

Interface is a great and I got to watch a few shows. Mandalorian, Jeff Goldblum, imagineering documentary.

They were all fantastic

rreading

Man this just sounds so terrible. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm cringing at this.

Agreed. I would hope that this is just a troll article and has no basis in reality.

If someone had suggested this on the forum, I would have definitely assumed that they were trolling.

That being said, my impression is that Feige has been quite involved in the D+ Marvel product and it's hard to doubt his track record...but still....

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Man this just sounds so terrible. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm cringing at this.
Agreed. I would hope that this is just a troll article and has no basis in reality.

If someone had suggested this on the forum, I would have definitely assumed that they were trolling.

That being said, my impression is that Feige has been quite involved in the D+ Marvel product and it's hard to doubt his track record...but still....

Why it may be just that crazy (which is the whole point of the scenario)...

In the comics, lots of traumatic stuff happens to Wanda and in her grief and despair (and the help of other cosmic level forces) she uses her reality-warping powers to change reality giving everyone their true desires. So, Wanda and Vision living the idyllic life of a sitcom may be part of the reality-changing madness. And that is why it leads to the movie: Doctor Strange in Multiverse of Madness.

In the Parks
No
My parents already had the Hulu service so adding the Disney + and the ESPN + was an easy choice for them. I absolutely love the addition of the Disney + service as does my Mom and my dad is really getting into the ESPN + as well as the Disney + stuff too. It is well worth it.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
After seeing some of the whining about service interruptions during launch, this article feels closer to truth than satire:

Disney Plus Apologizes For Apparently Being All That Some Actual Adults Have

This is funny too:

Features Of Disney Plus

Also...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom