Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

mhaftman7

So I did the special offer and gave my information and got the congratulations page but then it sent me to a screen to put in a code. I put in the emailed code and it says the code is no good. Uhhhh?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
D23 (free membership) was $140 for 3 years. Glad I didn't wait.

You really hustled the crap outta them 😉

...it’s surreal to debate pennies when talking about anything Disney is selling. But I still can’t quite grasp why their price point is there?

I’m not entirely sold on signing up for this kinda duration because the entire tv map is in great flux right now. I have direct tv but they’re switching to app based as I dump it...there’s Netflix, Hulu, cbs all access, hbo go....now Disney. Still have to settle on preferences for network/local tv.

It’s getting too confusing...like booking fast passes

DCLcruiser

You really hustled the crap outta them 😉

...it’s surreal to debate pennies when talking about anything Disney is selling. But I still can’t quite grasp why their price point is there?

I’m not entirely sold on signing up for this kinda duration because the entire tv map is in great flux right now. I have direct tv but they’re switching to app based as I dump it...there’s Netflix, Hulu, cbs all access, hbo go....now Disney. Still have to settle on preferences for network/local tv.

It’s getting too confusing...like booking fast passes
We pay for internet only from FiOS and use "Hulu with Live TV" for network/local tv/Hulu for $44/month via an AppleTV. We tried YoutubeTV, but missed some channels like HGTV. We like it a lot and now Hulu is 60% owned by Disney. So support the mouse even more.

$6.99 is the regular rate for D+. Hulu is $5.99, Prime Video is free-ish, Netflix is $8.99 (well, $15.99 for 4K), HBO is $15.99.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We pay for internet only from FiOS and use "Hulu with Live TV" for network/local tv/Hulu for $44/month via an AppleTV. We tried YoutubeTV, but missed some channels like HGTV. We like it a lot and now Hulu is 60% owned by Disney. So support the mouse even more.

$6.99 is the regular rate for D+. Hulu is $5.99, Prime Video is free-ish, Netflix is $8.99 (well, $15.99 for 4K), HBO is $15.99.
No...I get all that.

It’s just that I’m trying to piece together “a package”...ironic since the whole point of cable cutting is to “unbundle”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have never seen it has that as it has always been a more complicated proposition than something like cable or satellite. The pro was that it supposed to cost less.
Indeed...”don’t pay for the stuff you don’t want”

The problem is that you now pay more for each component you do want...so you end up in the same place.

I still can’t for the life of me figure why Disney is pricing this at $6.99 a month???

What do they know or what don’t we know?

The $37,000,000,000 question

What are you hearing about Ep 9, Yoda? ...not getting a good vibe 😬

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

The problem is that you now pay more for each component you do want...so you end up in the same place.

I still can’t for the life of me figure why didn’t is pricing this at $6.99 a month???

It is $6.99 per month. Do you think that is cheap or expensive for D+?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

I still can’t for the life of me figure why didn’t is pricing this at $6.99 a month???

I could never justify chord cutting even back when Netflix and Hulu were pretty much the only streaming options. At most, it seemed like I would save $20-$30 a month over cable which was not worth aggravation having to explain how to switch from an antenna to streaming to DVR to my family no less than 17 times a day.

I am quite looking forward to Episode 9, but I have serious doubts that our opinions on the matter align.

Janir

No...I get all that.

It’s just that I’m trying to piece together “a package”...ironic since the whole point of cable cutting is to “unbundle”
You can go with what you want to make your bundle. D+ has a list of what shows they will have on launch and the new stuff so you can do a content comparison to see if you want to commit to 3 years of D+. All the others you don't have to do any sort of commit unless you really want to.
Are you enough of a Disney-Marvell-StarWars-phile to want to pony up 3 years o in one go for a discount?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I could never justify chord cutting even back when Netflix and Hulu were pretty much the only streaming options. At most, it seemed like I would save $20-$30 a month over cable which was not worth aggravation having to explain how to switch from an antenna to streaming to DVR to my family no less than 17 times a day.

I am quite looking forward to Episode 9, but I have serious doubts that our opinions on the matter align.

“I find you’re lack of lack of faith disturbing”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You can go with what you want to make your bundle. D+ has a list of what shows they will have on launch and the new stuff so you can do a content comparison to see if you want to commit to 3 years of D+. All the others you don't have to do any sort of commit unless you really want to.
Are you enough of a Disney-Marvell-StarWars-phile to want to pony up 3 years o in one go for a discount?

That’s the question...though the lack of cost probably makes it a minor nuisance if it sucks.

I think it may end up like Hulu...cheap but not really used a lot by me.

Original content is the driver of streams now...and how much will Disney pay for that? They have been really spoiled by free money from espn for decades and that creates a really lazy tv culture internally. Which is why it’s in free fall when the money started to dry up.

I think the marvel stuff will be worth it...but I’m really doubting LFL had anything. They need a highly creative Star Wars Fan to come in and run their production free of Wall Street agenda...it’s the way to regain the money (ironically). They don’t have that now. Studio in chaos.

I don’t really need the classic disney movies or marvel, etc...the legacy of video/dvd makes it silly to now stream it.

We’ll see

Last edited:

Indy_UK

I'm hoping that Disney+ will be enough for me to finally cut the cord.

I hate conventional TV with adverts but my husband can't be without it and tbh, I get SKY (Comcast UK) for like $20 a month.

AppleTV is a great hub for streaming apps. I like Hulu and Disney+ is top of my list.

Think I'll have to use 'Channels' with an arial to the AppleTV to get at least free to Air TV to ease the transition

Disney Analyst

Apple TV Plus announced today that some shows will start streaming November 1st, and cost is $4.99 a month. So they are clearly going at it with Disney in this market.

Also if you buy a new iPad or Mac you get a year free I think they said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom