Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Did you go under My Account > View Account

That is where the special offer should be, even for free accounts.
Yeah.

Elizabeth Swann

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
If you don't see the offer for Disney+ it is a glitch. My friend did not have the offer and called and was told (surprise surprise) it is a glitch and they are working on it. It should be working in 24 hours. My total with tax came out to 150.47.

tonymu

Premium Member
Just signed up for the free account and it doesn't show up. I'm guessing it only shows up for those who signed up for the expo.
Valid only from August 26, 2019 through September 2, 2019 at 11:59 PM PT. Promotional offer available to all D23 General, Gold or Gold Family Members who have an active membership as of 11:59PM PT on September 1, 2019. Valid for US residents with US payment method only. Acceptance of this promotional offer, or use of the promotional offer code, constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions. This promotional offer of $46.99 per year, if accepted, entitles the bearer to a one-time discount of $69.00 off the regular price of a three-year subscription to Disney+ ($209.97). Subscription will automatically renew on an annual basis at the end of three years, at the annual subscription price (currently $69.99) unless cancelled. Taxes added to price, where applicable. Cancel anytime, subject to terms. No refunds or credits for partial months or years. Access to Disney+ will continue through the end of the current subscription term. To accept this offer, you must click on the link included in this email, create an account, accept the Subscriber Agreement, and elect to purchase a three-year subscription. Promotional offer code is one-time use only. Cannot be combined with any other offers, coupons, discounts or promotions. Cannot be applied to an existing subscription to Disney+. Not redeemable for cash or any other goods or services. This offer code cannot be sold and is not valid and will not be honored if obtained from any third party, including through Internet auction sites. No money or other consideration was given in exchange for this offer.

HMFan999

Site has just been showing the glitch screen for me all day. Hopefully they get this sorted before the deadline or there's going to be a lot of PO'ed people, myself included. They had to know people would jump all over this.
Glitch.png

Viking

The deal is now open to everyone

I did it! I'm officially signed up! Can't wait for Nov 12.

Can't wait for The Mandalorian and Noelle. Hopefully Swiss Family Robinson will be available for streaming. Looking forward to all the Marvel series as well.

Darkprime

Tony Perkis

Do we really think Comcast wouldn't have done the same thing?
They haven’t. Disney is doing this because they want to move all content to streaming, except for Rocky Horror, which technically never left theatres. And we, as fans, would riot if they did. Don’t f with Rocky Horror fans.

Comcast films that are still shown in theatres for specialty showings:

-Jurassic Park
-ET
-Jaws
-Psycho
-True Lies
-Field of Dreams
-Love Actually
-Weird Science
-Scott Pilgrim
-Deer Hunter
-Army of Darkness
-They Live! (most underrated film ever made, after Heavyweights)
-Do the Right Thing

This is not a complete list.

Specialty screenings are cheap and profitable advertisements. Anybody against this is wrong.

We, as filmgoers, deserve this tradition to continue. We give these studios ungodly amounts of money to view films temporarily. Taking this away from us is pure greed, plain and simply.

EDIT: Additionally, I would be equally upset if any other production company/studio pulled this as well. This is anti-consumer at its most obvious. I want to hear the logic of someone defending this. As if it’s good for us, the consumer. We are not producers. We are largely, if not almost exclusively, consumers.

The licensing deals still go to the parent companies, so for a one-off screening, there is no detriment. It’s a one night drop in the bucket. I don’t get any defense for this.

Last edited:

seascape

They haven’t. Disney is doing this because they want to move all content to streaming, except for Rocky Horror, which technically never left theatres. And we, as fans, would riot if they did. Don’t f with Rocky Horror fans.

Comcast films that are still shown in theatres for specialty showings:

-Jurassic Park
-ET
-Jaws
-Psycho
-True Lies
-Field of Dreams
-Love Actually
-Weird Science
-Scott Pilgrim
-Deer Hunter
-Army of Darkness
-They Live! (most underrated film ever made, after Heavyweights)
-Do the Right Thing

This is not a complete list.

Specialty screenings are cheap and profitable advertisements. Anybody against this is wrong.

We, as filmgoers, deserve this tradition to continue. We give these studios ungodly amounts of money to view films temporarily. Taking this away from us is pure greed, plain and simply.

EDIT: Additionally, I would be equally upset if any other production company/studio pulled this as well. This is anti-consumer at its most obvious. I want to hear the logic of someone defending this. As if it’s good for us, the consumer. We are not producers. We are largely, if not almost exclusively, consumers.

The licensing deals still go to the parent companies, so for a one-off screening, there is no detriment. It’s a one night drop in the bucket. I don’t get any defense for this.
I agree with you, that Disney is made the wrong decision in removing all those titles. I do agree that removing some may not be a bad move but just leaving the Rocky Horror Picture Show, which I loved to see at the midnight show when I was in college 1977 to 1981, was a mistake. Disney is leaving money and profits on the table that would be good for them and the independent movie theaters. I hope they reconsider their decision. BTW, can you believe a money has been playing nonstop for 40 years?

seascape

I never said this, nor do I not agree with it at all.
I was agreeing with Disney that removing some may make sense but with you that removing all of the was a mistake. Maybe if I had had more sleep I would have been more clear. I thought it was fairly obvious since my first sentence said I agreed with you in the first sentence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom