Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

DCBaker

Premium Member
Season 34 of The Simpsons launches on Disney+ on October 11. Season 34 has 22 episodes, which includes the 750th episode of The Simpsons titled Homer’s Adventures Through The Windshield Glass.

The season features guest voice appearances from Fred Armisen, Anna Faris, Will Forte, Simu Liu, Lizzo, Rob Lowe, Melissa McCarthy, Jade Novah, Aubrey Plaza, John Roberts, and more.

simpsons_s34_social_16x9_1920x1080_en_v1_simpsons2023_943b8ee0.png.jpeg

Disney Irish

Premium Member

TP2000

Season 34 of The Simpsons launches on Disney+ on October 11. Season 34 has 22 episodes, which includes the 750th episode of The Simpsons titled Homer’s Adventures Through The Windshield Glass.

The season features guest voice appearances from Fred Armisen, Anna Faris, Will Forte, Simu Liu, Lizzo, Rob Lowe, Melissa McCarthy, Jade Novah, Aubrey Plaza, John Roberts, and more.

In my sclerotic way of looking at life, three of those names are fondly known by me, but most of those folks might as well be the rather sad names on the TV screen at an airport departure lounge desperately awaiting a Miles Upgrade.

Upgrade Status:
J. Novah - Standby
A. Faris - Standby
S. Liu - Standby
R. Lowe - Please See Agent

Fred Armisen and Aubrey Plaza stick out to me, not because I'm hip, but because I was a Season 1 early adopter of Portlandia about 15 years ago and loved them both in that hysterical show. Again, not because I'm hip, only because I knew first hand that Portland, Oregon and its quirky citizens was an inherently funny thing to do a show about. So I immediately tuned in. And Rob Lowe, who could forget that face? And the others.... no clue. But I wish them well.

The Simpsons is brilliantly hysterical, as most folks from the Great Pacific Northwest just naturally are.

Thank you Mr. Groenig. ;)

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The crackdown is soon upon us. Nothing says profitability like removing features and increasing prices!
While they will be cracking down on shared accounts and such, this doesn't appear to be that or at least not the only reason. As the GroupWatch feature didn't require all the watchers to be using the same account. So there isn't much benefit to Disney to remove the feature if this was just about cracking down on shared accounts since it wouldn't lead to lots of new subs being created.

I suspect its just a feature that isn't used very much. Plus thinking about this, hard to have a watch along when some subs are having the show/movie paused for an ad break and others on the no-ad tiers are not.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
More streaming services getting ads, adding it here since it talks about Disney increasing its non-ad tier prices next month.....

Anyone still thinking that streaming won't be profitable is not understanding the economics.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Deadline is reporting a number of series are being removed from Hulu as their license deals expire.

"In another sign that shows — even famous ones — can no longer “live forever” on streaming in the new era of media companies re-prioritizing profits, a slew of titles will be leaving Disney-controlled Hulu in the coming days as their license deals expire. For now, there are no plans to renew any of the pacts but that is always a possibility in the future

The list of departing series includes 20 series from Disney’s 20th Television, including the David E. Kelley Emmy-winning legal shows Ally McBeal, which the studio had been looking to remake, and The Practice, as well as fellow award-winners The Bob Newhart Show, Hill Street Blues and Arrested Development.

A slew of catalog titles from Fox and Paramount also are impacted, as well as a couple of properties each from Nat Geo and NBC News. According to sources, the entire WWE hub would expire Sept. 25, and a handful of ABC News titles also will be gone, something which we have not confirmed."

Here is the list of confirmed Hulu library series departures:

20th TV shows leaving Sept. 30:

The Bob Newhart Show
Dollhouse
Napoleon Dynamite
Don’t Trust the B—- in APT 23
Second Chance
Shots Fired
Touch
Ally McBeal
Arrested Development
Sirens
The Cleveland Show
Hill Street Blues
Damien
Son of Zorn
The Practice
Speechless
Out There
Legends
Breakout Kings
Better Off Ted

Fox shows, most of them departing Sept. 25

I Can See Your Voice (Seasons 1-2)
Alter Ego (Season 1)
Cherries Wild (Season 1)
Beat Shazam (Seasons 4-5)
Masterchef Junior (Seasons 1-8)
Masked Dancer (Season 1)
Crime Scene Kitchen (Seasons 1-2)
Gordon Ramsay’s 24 Hours To Hell And Back (Seasons 1-3)
Cosmos Possible Worlds (Season 1)
Lego Masters (Seasons 1-2)
Masterchef (Seasons 1-12)
The Masked Singer (Seasons 1-8)
Name That Tune (Seasons 1-2)
Next Level Chef (Season 1)

Paramount catalog tittles, departing Sept. 30/Oct. 14:
  • VH1 (entire hub)
Basketball Wives LA (Seasons 1-3)
Love & Hip Hop Hollywood (Seasons 1-4)
RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars (Seasons 1-3)
  • MTV
Acapulco Shore (Seasons 1-4) -October 14 exp.
Catfish Mexico (Season 1) -October 14 exp.
The Hills (Seasons 1-6)
My Super Sweet 16 (Seasons 4-7)
The Real World (one or more seasons)
  • Showtime:
Sleeper Cell (Season 1)
  • CBS:
7th Heaven (Seasons 1-4)
Beverly Hills 90210 (Seasons 1-2)
  • Comedy Central
La Culpa es de Cortés
  • Paramount Network Mexico:
Dani Who (Seasons 1)

DCBaker

Premium Member

The series is noticeably unavailable to stream, rent or buy on any service currently due to the costly music licensing.[30] However, on October 5, 2022, Caron posted on his official Twitter account that work had begun to prepare all five seasons of the series for streaming.

Moonlighting will be available to stream on Hulu beginning October 10, 2023.

"For the love of Maddie Hayes, look what’s coming to Hulu: For the very first time, all 67 episodes of Moonlighting will be available to stream on the platform beginning Oct. 10.

Hulu promises that each episode of the comedy starring Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd has been remastered in HD from the original film source. It will even feature the original Grammy-nominated title track recording from Al Jarreau.

The fact that Moonlighting landed at Hulu isn’t exactly a surprise. In October of 2022, Creator Glenn Gordon Caron teased some kind of Moonlighting return on Twitter. “Disney and I have put our heads together and come up with a plan,” he wrote.

Speculation immediately centered on either Disney+ or Hulu picking up the episodes from the popular ’80s show. But there was a catch: music rights. The series leaned heavily on hits from multiple decades.

Apparently, that’s water under the bridge now. Anyone with a Hulu subscription can soon enjoy the tale of a broke fashion model named Maddie Hayes (Shepherd) who gets heavily involved in a detective agency that she owns that also happens to employ a smart alecky P.I. named David Addison Jr. (Willis)."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I wish I had Moonlighting on DVD right now - although I probably would watch it once and then resell it because they're going for like $50 per season. Can't stream it anywhere. (But I have Quantum Leap!)

Sure, there are plenty of other things to watch, but so far this has been the summer of Marvel and Meh. No network shows that we watch are airing, we've burned through the DVR, we finally watched all the Marvel movies except Iron Man 3 and Thor after the first one (working on it!) Almost everything else we gave a shot on Netflix or other services has been "just ok," Secret Invasion was actually one of the better ones.

The series is noticeably unavailable to stream, rent or buy on any service currently due to the costly music licensing.[30] However, on October 5, 2022, Caron posted on his official Twitter account that work had begun to prepare all five seasons of the series for streaming.

Moonlighting will be available to stream on Hulu beginning October 10, 2023.

"For the love of Maddie Hayes, look what’s coming to Hulu: For the very first time, all 67 episodes of Moonlighting will be available to stream on the platform beginning Oct. 10.

Hulu promises that each episode of the comedy starring Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd has been remastered in HD from the original film source. It will even feature the original Grammy-nominated title track recording from Al Jarreau.

The fact that Moonlighting landed at Hulu isn’t exactly a surprise. In October of 2022, Creator Glenn Gordon Caron teased some kind of Moonlighting return on Twitter. “Disney and I have put our heads together and come up with a plan,” he wrote.

Speculation immediately centered on either Disney+ or Hulu picking up the episodes from the popular ’80s show. But there was a catch: music rights. The series leaned heavily on hits from multiple decades.

Apparently, that’s water under the bridge now. Anyone with a Hulu subscription can soon enjoy the tale of a broke fashion model named Maddie Hayes (Shepherd) who gets heavily involved in a detective agency that she owns that also happens to employ a smart alecky P.I. named David Addison Jr. (Willis)."

WE DID IT!!!

Disney Analyst

Just got the email. New service agreement goes into effect for Canada November 1st.

Sharing outside household may result in termination and loss of access to service.

New Clause 2j)

j. Account Sharing. Unless otherwise permitted by your Service Tier, you may not share your subscription outside of your household. “Household” means the collection of devices associated with your primary personal residence that are used by the individuals who reside therein. Additional usage rules may apply for certain Service Tiers. For more details on our account sharing policy, please visit our Help Center.

We may, in our sole discretion, analyze the use of your account to determine compliance with this Agreement. If we determine that you have violated this Agreement, we may limit or terminate access to the Service and/or take any other steps as permitted by this Agreement (including those set forth in Section 6 of this Agreement).

You will be responsible for any use of your account by your household, including compliance with this section.

SECTION 6: SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION​

• Current Clause 6
    You agree that Disney+ may, in its sole discretion and without notice or liability to you, restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to part or all of the Disney+ Service and to any Disney+ Content if Disney+ believes you are using or have used the Disney+ Service in violation of the Disney+ Subscriber Agreement or applicable law or regulations or in any manner other than for their intended purpose and in accordance with all other guidelines and requirements applicable thereto. Without limiting the foregoing, Disney+ may restrict or suspend your access to your Disney+ account for cause and upon reasonable notice to you, which may be communicated electronically, which cause includes but is not limited to (a) requests from law enforcement or other government authorities, (b) unexpected technical issues or problems, or (c) if Disney+ reasonably believes that your Disney+ account has been created fraudulently, your Disney+ account has been accessed fraudulently, or anyone uses your Disney+ account to commit fraud or for any purpose other than its intended purpose and in accordance with all of the requirements applicable thereto. Disney+ also reserves the right, after notice to you, to terminate any Disney+ account that remains inactive for one year (failure to log in to your Disney+ account will constitute inactivity for purposes of this Agreement).
    You agree that Disney+ will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such restriction, suspension, or termination of your access to your Disney+ account or Content.
    Upon termination of your Disney+ account, whether terminated by Disney+ or at your request (other than a cancellation of your subscription, in which case your subscription will continue to the end of the billing period), you will immediately lose the right to access streamed content through the Disney+ Service and within a limited period will lose the right to view Disney+ Content downloaded within the Disney+ Service.
  • Amended Clause 6
    You agree that we may, in our sole discretion and without notice or liability to you, restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to part or all of the Disney+ Service and to any Disney+ Content if we believe you are using or have used the Disney+ Service in violation of this Agreement or applicable law or regulations or in any manner other than for their intended purpose and in accordance with all other guidelines and requirements applicable thereto. Without limiting the foregoing, we may restrict or suspend your access to your Disney+ account for cause, which cause includes but is not limited to (a) requests from law enforcement or other government authorities, (b) unexpected technical issues or problems, or (c) if we reasonably believe that your Disney+ account has been created fraudulently, your Disney+ account has been accessed fraudulently, or anyone uses your Disney+ account to commit fraud or for any purpose other than its intended purpose and in accordance with all of the requirements applicable thereto. We also reserve the right, but are not required, to terminate any Disney+ account that remains inactive for an extended period of time, e.g., more than one year (failure to log in to your Disney+ account will constitute inactivity for purposes of this Agreement). Without limiting our other termination rights under this Agreement, we may cancel this Agreement on 30 days’ notice (or 60 days’ notice if you reside in Quebec).
    You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such restriction, suspension, or termination of your access to your Disney+ account or Disney+ Content.
    We also reserve the right to take appropriate legal action against you for violating intellectual property rights, fraud, or similar grounds for termination.
    Our decision to delay exercising or enforcing any right or remedy under this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or remedy with respect to any party.
    Upon termination of your Disney+ account, whether terminated based on our determination or at your request (other than a cancellation of your subscription, in which case your subscription will continue to the end of the billing period), you will lose the right to access streamed or downloaded Disney+ Content through the Disney+ Service.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom