Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

Disney Irish

Premium Member

I don't see Disney spinning off ESPN no matter how many times people keep suggesting it.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Josh Groban is set as the co-lead opposite H.E.R. in ABC’s animated and live-action blended special, Beauty and the Beast: A 30th Celebration. The announcement was made during Friday’s panel at D23 Expo 2022."

DCBaker

Premium Member
"During Disney Branded Television’s presentation at D23 Expo, the division’s president Ayo Davis announced that Disney+ will exclusively livestream the live concert Elton John Live: Farewell From Dodger Stadium on Nov. 20."

DCBaker

Premium Member
Recaps of Day 1 and Day 2 of D23 EXPO are on Disney+ -

Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 5.10.34 PM.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Coming out of D23 I have the satisfying feeling that we'll be eating good with all the content coming out over the next couple of years.

I know there are a lot of Disney detractors out there these days. But to me if this is Disney heading into its next 100 years, I can't wait.... :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

CaptainAmerica

Loeb could have just followed me here, I would have told him what he needs to know and he could have saved a billion dollars.

Four quadrants. Princesses for sister, Superheroes for brother, Scripted and reality TV for mom, and Monday Night Football for dad. This isn't hard. You don't carve off dad when you want to lock the whole family into your ecosystem.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Loeb could have just followed me here, I would have told him what he needs to know and he could have saved a billion dollars.

Four quadrants. Princesses for sister, Superheroes for brother, Scripted and reality TV for mom, and Monday Night Football for dad. This isn't hard. You don't carve off dad when you want to lock the whole family into your ecosystem.
Yeah, once Disney discovered just how wildly popular D+ was with adults, especially with households having no children which was the *majority* of their subs (by a slim margin), they doubled down on "the four quadrants" and dumped billions of dollars into "general entertainment" (for adults as opposed to "family entertainment").

And if you're all in for adults... then you keep sports in the mix.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
For its Disney+ content.

Remember, politics not allowed on this forum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom