Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disney looks to be bringing the popular book Aloha Rodeo to its streamer as it has tapped Chris Kekaniokalani Bright to adapt the book by David Wolman and Julian Smith. Jeremy Latcham is attached to produce. The film is being developed by the Disney live action team for Disney+.

Based on the untold true story of Hawaiian cowboys, Aloha Rodeo follows three paniolos (Hawaiian cowboys) who traveled from Hawaii to Wyoming in 1908 to compete in the Frontier Days Championship Roping Competition. What started off as a novelty quickly turned into a one-sided competition as the paniolos performed feats that the mainlanders had never dreamed of before."

NateD1226

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

I would assume that Disney is looking at every single IP they own (including those from Fox), going through them one by one and whiteboarding possible remakes, reboots, sequels, prequels, and spin-offs.

I've said it before: Disney+ is a hungry beast for content. And it is Disney's #1 priority. Disney's looking at the day that they no longer have broadcast or cable channels, but everything is streamed (or, at least, cable and broadcast have shrunk considerably to no longer be their cash cows).

Last edited:

Indy_UK

Yeah I think I’ll just VPN to the Netherlands now. They’re list is really strong where the bigger titles aren’t tied up to other providers

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I would assume that as old licensing agreements wind down, that what's available on Star/Star+/Hulu (FX, 20thC, and Disney titles) would wind up being the same in every country.

Hulu in the U.S. will still carry non-Disney owned titles rotating in and out due to previous agreements, much like Netflix.

Darkprime

Someone on r/dc_cinematic brought up an interesting idea. What if because Disney+ hotstar has rights to hbo content. Does that mean the Snyder cut would end up on Disney+ in india? Would be kinda funny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom