Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

DCBaker

Premium Member
Current subscriptions -

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 4.11.53 PM.png

Animaniac93-98

Speaking of Cinderella, I'm surprised it's getting as much publicity as it is. I really liked the cast reunion that Entertainment Weekly did.

Since most of Disney+ is back catalog content, a lot of it doesn't get noticed unless it gets some kind of special attention. I'd like to see more of that, even if it's biased towards 90s stuff. There was a great interview that Leonard Maltin did with Hayley Mills last year to talk about Pollyanna for example.

NateD1226

Disney Animation is releasing a short titled Us Again which will play in front of Raya in March and then be released on Disney+ in June! This looks and sounds so good!

Written and directed by Big Hero 6's head of animation, Zach Parrish, Us Again tells the story of an elderly man named Art and his young-at-heart wife Dot who rekindle their zest for life through dance one magical night. The short has no dialogue and is told entirely through dance and a funk- and soul-infused score, composed by Captain Marvel's Pinar Toprak.

1613409216151.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Eyecatching projects announced today include Star mafia drama The Good Mothers, which puts mob women in the frame and is produced by Brexit: The Uncivil Waroutfit House Productions and Wildside, the Italian producer behind HBO’s We Are Who We Are. Quoc Dang Tran, the writer behind Netflix’s Marianne, has created fantasy parallel dimension series Parallels for Disney+, while Deutschland 83 creator Jörg Winger will tell the story of East Germany’s first black police officer in Star’s Sam – A Saxon.

Documentaries include an access series on Dutch soccer giants Feyenoord, which promises to be Star’s answer to Netflix show Sunderland ‘Til I Die. Over in comedy, Disney+ is rebooting Fox Networks Group’s show-within-a-show series, Boris, after three previous seasons and a feature film."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Coming in March: Short list from CNet...

March 5​

Raya and the Last Dragon (Disney+ Premier Access)
WandaVision: Season Finale
Disney Secrets of Sulphur Springs: Time Warped
Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties
Heartland Docs, DVM, Season 2

March 12​

Own the Room
Disney Secrets of Sulphur Springs: Long Time Gone
Disney Junior Doc McStuffins: The Doc Is In
Disney My Music Story: Perfume
Dr. K's Exotic Animal ER, Season 1-8
Dr. Oakley, Yukon Vet, Season 7
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Marvel Studios: Legends
Assembled: The Making of WandaVision

March 19​

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: Episode 1
Disney Big Hero 6 The Series, Season 3
Disney Secrets of Sulphur Springs: If I Could Turn Back Time
Mexico Untamed, Season 1

March 26​

The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers: Episode 1
Disney Secrets of Sulpher Springs: As Time Goes By
Disney Pickle and Peanut, Season 1
Disney Pickle and Peanut, Season 2
Gnomeo & Juliet
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: Episode 2
Inside Pixar: Foundations: Batch 3

For a synopsis of some of the new shows...

Darkprime

Coming in March: Short list from CNet...

March 5​

Raya and the Last Dragon (Disney+ Premier Access)
WandaVision: Season Finale
Disney Secrets of Sulphur Springs: Time Warped
Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties
Heartland Docs, DVM, Season 2

March 12​

Own the Room
Disney Secrets of Sulphur Springs: Long Time Gone
Disney Junior Doc McStuffins: The Doc Is In
Disney My Music Story: Perfume
Dr. K's Exotic Animal ER, Season 1-8
Dr. Oakley, Yukon Vet, Season 7
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Marvel Studios: Legends
Assembled: The Making of WandaVision

March 19​

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: Episode 1
Disney Big Hero 6 The Series, Season 3
Disney Secrets of Sulphur Springs: If I Could Turn Back Time
Mexico Untamed, Season 1

March 26​

The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers: Episode 1
Disney Secrets of Sulpher Springs: As Time Goes By
Disney Pickle and Peanut, Season 1
Disney Pickle and Peanut, Season 2
Gnomeo & Juliet
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: Episode 2
Inside Pixar: Foundations: Batch 3

For a synopsis of some of the new shows...

That should finally put an end to the rumors that there are 2 WandaVision episodes airing on March 5th.

Stripes

That should finally put an end to the rumors that there are 2 WandaVision episodes airing on March 5th.
I think there’s a slight possibility that episode 9 is an extra long episode or two episodes in one. There is still quite a lot of runtime to go given that it’s 6 hours. Whether they spread that out over the last three or save it for the end is anybody’s guess.

Stripes

FX and Searchlight are, in my opinion, the actual best things Disney acquired from Fox. Everything else is a bit ancillary or will probably lose their identities. A few one-off IP's of note notwithstanding.
Just finished Damages with Glenn Close and Rose Byrne on FX/Hulu. I watched the first episode and was hooked. I had to binge the rest.

FX, with Disney’s money and distribution beyond basic cable, could easily surpass HBO. Fargo, American Crime Story, Devs, Justified, The Americans, Damages. FX is 6 for 6 so far for me.

doctornick

I really hope they don't take Avengers and Age of Ultron down from D+ due to the Joss Whedon issues and allegations.

Don't see why they would. I don't think that's every been the case with any other scandals. Not to mention that I don't think he did anything illegal necessarily* just that he's a mean terrible person.

Would possibly put a dent into any plans to remake Buffy though, which was a rumor for D+ or Hulu.

*though perhaps if he got someone fired for being pregnant which is one of the allegations

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom