Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

BrianLo

Gotcha. I was confusing this with FX content on Hulu, which is near-HBO quality.

FX and Searchlight are, in my opinion, the actual best things Disney acquired from Fox. Everything else is a bit ancillary or will probably lose their identities. A few one-off IP's of note notwithstanding.

Captain Barbossa

I noticed today that the Lone Ranger has been removed. It wasn’t suppose to be available until April 30th, but it was already listed, just couldn’t watch it. I assume this has to do with what’s going on with Armie Hammer.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, I found this to be interesting...

Of course, Netflix dominates streaming with only a very special D+ series sometimes popping into the top ten (sometimes at #1)...

1612713888704.png

However, take a look at the movies. This is over "Christmas break". Holy moly, Frozen II and Moana are in the top ten (and notice Wonder Woman 1984 has dropped out)...

1612713994068.png

BrianLo

View attachment 530306

Some of that surprises me. I really like Ozark, never would have guessed it would be number one though.

Secret Life of Pets 2 surprises me along with the fact Frozen (first one) has been supplanted enough that it isn't the top ten. Lion King obviously didn't kick around as well either.

Netflix ironically has gradually lost the Studio Movie streaming war now that everyone is doing their own thing.

Edit: Oh this is counted by total minutes watched, which benefits Ozark because I think a lot of people just finally picked up the series this year and therefore watched 30 episodes.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm not proposing Zootopia be represented in a Disney park, but, for those who definitely don't want it in the park, they need to come up with something better than 'it's not that popular.' It'll be 5 years old this March and is in the top ten movie streams, not just on Disney+, put of all streamers in 2020.

Same when people wonder "why Moana?" and "why so much Frozen?!"

Although, it's a bit of a cheat that children's movies are in the top ten. No one watches Gone Girl twenty times like a six year old will watch Frozen II twenty times. ;)

Nielsen should create an additional list that ranks movies by number of households watching it at least once, and not just in total minutes.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

Darkprime

Apparently I missed this news from a few days ago.

This means that the 2022 MCU lineup is looking like She-Hulk, Moon Knight, Secret Invasion, Armor Wars and the Guardians holiday special. Damn. Maybe I am Groot to. That could be 2023 though since its animated.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Apparently I missed this news from a few days ago.

This means that the 2022 MCU lineup is looking like She-Hulk, Moon Knight, Secret Invasion, Armor Wars and the Guardians holiday special. Damn. Maybe I am Groot to. That could be 2023 though since its animated.
You're missing Ironheart and a likely Loki Season 2.

So far.

Every time an MCU series ends on D+, there will be a new one ready to start one or two weeks later going to at least the beginning of 2023. And that's with just announced titles.

What are you doing on Fridays for the rest of your life?

Darkprime

You're missing Ironheart and a likely Loki Season 2.

So far.

Every time an MCU series ends on D+, there will be a new one ready to start one or two weeks later going to at least the beginning of 2023. And that's with just announced titles.

What are you doing on Fridays for the rest of your life?

True. Maybe 2023 could be I am Groot (January) > Iron Heart (March) > Loki Season 2 (May) >What-if Season 2 (July) > Wakanda Series (September) > Young Avengers (November)

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
True. Maybe 2023 could be I am Groot (January) > Iron Heart (March) > Loki Season 2 (May) >What-if Season 2 (July) > Wakanda Series (September) > Young Avengers (November)
Ironheart necessarily precedes Armor Wars.

Ah, I forgot about the Wakanda series!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom