Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

MarvelCharacterNerd

As per the article and other sources, the series will have reprises of:

Jessica Jones
Daredevil/Matt Murdock
Gen. Thunderbolt "Red Hulk" Ross
Betty Ross
Bruce Hulk Banner
The Abomination
Since I've recently seen this show described online as a 'legal comedy', I'd be okay with Foggy showing up, but I'd rather save Matt's return for at least Spidey for a more serious appearance (though I think his Daredevil is too dark for Tom Holland's sweet Spidey). Though wishful thinking would be to his own show. 😍 Or to see him kick some Venom butt if Sony wants to use him. :D

I was not a fan of Netflix's Jessica Jones (other than Luke Cage's appearances and David Tennant chewing the scenery to pieces lol). So I don't care where she shows up! :p

Lucky Rabbit

Some new info on how long the MCU shows will be:

“Well, we're looking a little differently. We're looking at it as developing them as either six hour-episodes, or nine or 10 half-hour episodes,” said Feige. “So, for instance, WandaVision started that way and Falcon and the Winter Soldier as 30 minutes, but because it's streaming, it's Disney+, and the rules have blurred over the years, yes. Some can be 23 minutes. Some can be much longer than that. But She-Hulk, for instance, is being developed as 10 30-minute episodes. Some will be longer and some will be shorter. Loki, Falcon and the Winter Soldier is being developed as six 40-50-minute episodes.” He also added that the upcoming Moon Knight will fall into the six, 40-50 minute episode category.

Darkprime

Variety is reporting that there is “chatter” to make Black Widow a day-and-date release like Raya and the Last Dragon

About time. They should have released it last year. Now their in an awkward position where falcon and winter soldier is coming out before Black Widow even tho there's stuff in that show that links to Black Widow. Im glad Falcon is coming out earlier but it kinda messes with the interconnectivity of the MCU a bit.

Darkprime

Also that article really rubbed me the wrong way for some reason a lot of it reads like speculation on their part. Outside of the Black Widow rumor. Which btw that in itself isn't new and has been floating around for months now. It's almost like they want the movies to be delayed idk why. But jeez. Were barely half way through January give 2021 a chance. Let the theaters reopen in March and see what kind of numbers they get before giving up on 2021 and making it 2020 part 2. Sloppy reporting on variety's part imo.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Basically, with each season, we're getting a 4.5 - 5.5 hour movie...

Title / #Episodes X Length in Minutes (+/- 5-10 min)

WandaVision / 9 X 30

She-Hulk / 10 X 30

Falcon a/t Winter Soldier / 6 X 45

Loki / 6 X 45

Moon Knight / 6 X 45

Reference:

6 X 45 = 270 min = 4.5 hours

10 x 30 = 300 min = 5 hours

For Comparison with The Mandalorian:

Season 1:
  1. 8 episodes
  2. average length: 39.5 minutes
  3. shortest/longest ep.: 32 / 48
  4. total time: 316 minues (5.3 hours)

Season 2:
  1. 8 episodes
  2. average length: 41.4 minutes
  3. shortest/longest ep.: 33 / 54
  4. total time: 331 minues (5.5 hours) [15 minutes longer than Season 1]

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have to confess, I did not click on the link. I am hesitant to click on websites I am unfamiliar with. I was hoping someone would summarize for me. 🙂
If you hover over the link, at the bottom of your browser, you should see it's a link to an online dictionary. :)

Darkprime

I wonder what happened to the MCU shows having 1 hour episodes? I specifically remember Feige mentioning that back in 2019. I guess the pandemic probably interrupted those plans. Shorter runtimes also make it easier to film with pandemic restrictions.

AnotherDayAnotherDollar

I don't think they ever said each episode would be 1 hour long. It's for the best IMO. Shows historically had a specific runtime due to TV commercials. In the age of streaming that is no longer necessary. Mandalorian has been great with each episode having just the required runtime that the storyteller needs to tell.

Furthermore shows can easily start getting bloated by having too long a runtime, multiple episodes in a season, or overstaying their welcome with multiple unneeded seasons. Netflix Marvel shows are guilty of the first two and something like Dexter is guilty of the latter.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

BrianLo

Indy_UK

Disney need to pull their finger out and update the Disney+ App so it allows 4K HDR on PS5. Currently its just the PS4 App ported over and capped at 1080p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom