Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney said they were expanding ESPN+ into Latin America as part of Star+. I also expect them to expand ESPN+ worldwide either as an add on to Disney+ or a separate service. In fact if would be a nice addition in 2022 as Star is an addition in 2021. That way they can charge as much as Netflix does and offer more entertainment. Remember, ESPN stands for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.
If you sub to ESPN+ it will show up in Star or Hulu!

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
There's a whole bunch of projects that were actually in production and got shut down because of the pandemic which haven't been mentioned, yet.

My experience of Disney announcements is that they aren't perfect nor exhaustive and things fall through the cracks.

Other things that were on the way and not mentioned recently: Proud Family; Sneakerella, Doogie Kamealoha, M.D.; Just Beyond; Everybody's Talking About Jamie; Next Goal Wins; Antlers; Night House; Eyes of Tamy Faye; Nightmare Alley; West Side Story; Deadpool 3; SW Movies by Fiege, Headland, and Johnson; Predator 5; live action Little Mermaid, Hercules, Snow White, Lion King prequel; and more...

BrianLo

Yeah, that seems like something that could/should have been released months ago.

I’m confused because unlike some other projects under the radar, it’s pretty much the Pixar tabs signature D+ project and is now radio silent.

I’d also be surprised if it was canned though since Animation has such a long lead time and they certainly pretended to still be working away at it.

NateD1226

Other things that were on the way and not mentioned recently: Proud Family; Sneakerella, Doogie Kamealoha, M.D.; Just Beyond; Everybody's Talking About Jamie; Next Goal Wins; Antlers; Night House; Eyes of Tamy Faye; Nightmare Alley; West Side Story; Deadpool 3; SW Movies by Fiege, Headland, and Johnson; Predator 5; live action Little Mermaid, Hercules, Snow White, Lion King prequel; and more...
Actually some of these have been mentioned in the past month. D23 posted an article confirming the Proud Family spin-off, Sneakerella, and Doogie Kamealoha will all be released this year.

BrianLo

There's a whole bunch of projects that were actually in production and got shut down because of the pandemic which haven't been mentioned, yet.

My experience of Disney announcements is that they aren't perfect nor exhaustive and things fall through the cracks.

Definitely! Albeit this show was supposedly about to be released.

It may very well just be pandemic production shenanigans and they don’t want to bring it up since they no longer have any idea when it will be ready.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Let's not forget that with theatrical movies, studios usually have to announce their dates two-three years ahead and name the films going in those dates a year ahead of time.

For their own D+ service... they ain't gotta do nothing. They can continue what they're doing and announce mostly the month before on a month-by-month basis, leaving us in the dark. Also, date announcements like "the Fall" and "late 2021" are precious!

NateD1226

I must’ve missed it while reading this the first time, but looking back at the article they did mention Monsters at Work!

Plus, the highly anticipated animated series, Monsters at Work, is set to debut next year, further exploring the world originally established in Monsters, Inc. and Monsters University.

Very little and nothing new, but at least it’s still on track for this year!!

Indy_UK

I would actually pay for these under ‘premier access’ if they wanted to charge. This is something I want big time on Disney+

mega excited for Star coming too. The trailer doesn’t show much variety but I hope it’s more of a case that they will announce more rather than them being tied to other services

Darkprime

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom