Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

seascape

I just was looking at some very interesting numbers and predictions of who is leading the streaming services today and what the numbers are projected at in 2025. As expected Netflix is predicted by https://www.statista.com/statistics/706267/streaming-service-subscriber/ to have 71.02 million customers in the US. So many would say they win but they would be wrong. Hulu is predicted to have 49.5 million customers and Disney Plus 49.8 million. Therefore, the winner is Disney. Besides, that excludes ESPN+ and Hotstar which has subscribers in the US. Disney is winning the streaming wars.

Darkprime

Love to see it. Hopefully we get some casting news at the Disney+ presentation on December 10th.

Hmm wonder if its a special Marvel Studios logo at the beginning of the movie like they did for Stan Lee in Captain Marvel.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I just was looking at some very interesting numbers and predictions of who is leading the streaming services today and what the numbers are projected at in 2025. As expected Netflix is predicted by https://www.statista.com/statistics/706267/streaming-service-subscriber/ to have 71.02 million customers in the US. So many would say they win but they would be wrong. Hulu is predicted to have 49.5 million customers and Disney Plus 49.8 million. Therefore, the winner is Disney. Besides, that excludes ESPN+ and Hotstar which has subscribers in the US. Disney is winning the streaming wars.

How many of those are duplicates?

seascape

I knew Hulu with live TV was doing well having 4.1 million customers but I didn't realize how big that number was comparing it to other providers. They now have more TV customers than Verizon and Altice and are actually in 5th place in the US. Check out https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...lu-now-5th-largest-pay-tv-provider-in-the-us/ to see the actual numbers. Of course their 4.1 million still leaves then way behind 4th place Dish's 11.4 million but they are still growing and faster than any other live television provider. Just look at the fact that Comcast, AT&T and Verizon lost a combined 967,000 tv customers while Charter picked up 67,000 customers and Hulu plus live TV picked up 700,000 customers last quarter. As the cable service continue to lose TV customers the overwhelming majority end up with Disney.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

New season of Letterkenny!!

DCBaker

Premium Member
"EXCLUSIVE: Ellie Bamber (Nocturnal Animals), Cailee Spaeny (The Craft: Legacy) and Erin Kellyman (Solo) are in negotiations for the three female leads in Willow, Disney+ and Lucasfilm’s upcoming TV series follow-up to the 1988 fantasy movie, with the film’s star Warwick Davis reprising his title role, I have learned. The new incarnation of Willow comes from Jonathan Kasdan, who wrote the pilot and serves as co-showrunner alongside Wendy Mericle; Jon M. Chu, who will direct the pilot episode; the original film’s director Ron Howard and writer Bob Dolman; as well as Lucasfilm, which produced the movie. A rep for Disney+ declined comment."

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
A billion minutes of watching the Manadalorian... in a week.

1606847002331.png

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Understood. My point was more in agreement with you that people are watching a lot of Mando, both from all of Season 1 and the one episode released during that time period of Season 2.

If I was a general Star Wars fan, I don't think anything that happened in this past week's episode would've been enough of a grabber for me to start watching. I'm a big Star Wars fan and while I get Ashoka Tano, I've never watched Clone Wars or Rebels, so have no idea about the overall story for her.

I think this is largely for the new episode, personally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom