Disney's Reaction to Harry Potter Details?

basas

I was wondering that too. Everytime I've gone on that I come off atleast half soaked!

I never seem to get that wet on JP for whatever reason...Dudley and Popeye are another story!

By the way, did anyone read the reports on the food being served? It sounds delicious. I can't wait to try butterbeer.

Omnimover

By the way, did anyone read the reports on the food being served? It sounds delicious. I can't wait to try butterbeer.

Ditto. Apparently this is the first recipe for Butterbeer that JKR has approved (there have been unofficial recipes floating around for years now). If it turns out to just be cream soda, there's gonna be hell to pay.

trr1

I never seem to get that wet on JP for whatever reason...Dudley and Popeye are another story!

Ditto. Apparently this is the first recipe for Butterbeer that JKR has approved (there have been unofficial recipes floating around for years now). If it turns out to just be cream soda, there's gonna be hell to pay.
where are the menus?

_Scar

During JP don't you get squirted by a dino and go under a waterfall? I always got soaked on it! ):

They're identical tracks.

Space Mountain being 2 different coasters makes up for it. :animwink:

hack2112

During JP don't you get squirted by a dino and go under a waterfall? I always got soaked on it! ):
On the Jungle Cruise you get squirted by elephants and you go under a waterfall. :lol:

I've never been soaked on JP, though. You must be very unlucky.

Space Mountain being 2 different coasters makes up for it. :animwink:
Oh yes. Those nine feet make all the difference in the world. :animwink:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
On the Jungle Cruise you get squirted by elephants and you go under a waterfall. :lol:

If you wait in a single line for the loadings of two coasters. It should be counted as ONE coaster. It is ONE attraction. Sorry. :wave:

Skip

If you wait in a single line for the loadings of two coasters. It should be counted as ONE coaster. It is ONE attraction. Sorry. :wave:

While I agree that Dueling Dragons is indeed TWO different coasters (different attractions altogether is debatable), your argument does not work - you DO wait in a single queue for Space Mountain until you reach the boarding station, where the line splits and you wait to board at one of the stations. The same goes for Dueling Dragons, as well as Primeval Whirl.

Why are we arguing over this again? The bottom line is Universal has 3 serious looping coasters (Hulk and both Dragons); Disney has one serious looping coaster, Rock'n'Roller Coaster. What's the big deal again? We've already established they have a similar amount of height-requirement, moderately intense coasters.

hack2112

Fine. Let's count it as one. Now, if we put up the numbers:

Universal has Hulk, Dueling Dragons, soon to be Dragon Challenge (which does count as 2 as the track layouts are not identical), Flying Unicorn, Pteradon Flyers (which is technically a coaster), Mummy, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, and Woody Woodpecker.

WDW has Space Mountain (which only counts as one since the tracks are mirror images of one another), Big Thunder Mountain, Goofy's Barnstormer, Rock 'n Rollercoaster, Expedition Everest and Primeval Whirl (which also only counts as one since the tracks are mirrored identical layouts).

So if my math is right, Universal has eight coasters, WDW has six.

Taking out DD (Should we start calling it DC now?) that leaves us with USO at 7 coasters and WDW with 6.

However, my thought line with the whole argument is this: would you consider ToT with its two drop shafts as two separate rides? No, because they deliver similar to identical experiences (depending on how much you pay attention to those little details). Space Mountain, to me, is the same. The two tracks offer similar to identical experiences. On the other hand, each coaster from DC offers a different feel and emotion. Fire offers a focus on speed and intensity through inversions while Ice is all about tight turns and a smooth ride. Are they housed in the same building? Yes, but if you were to place them next to each other with separate queues, like the new Battlestar Galactica attraction they would be considered two coasters. If you did the same with SM, it would seem silly.

basas

Space Mountain being 2 different coasters makes up for it.

I don’t recall a waterfall on Jurassic Park, although I could be wrong. I believe there is a squirting dino, but it’s not enough to get the entire boat drenched. When you come down the final drop the boat makes an enormous splash at the bottom, but I usually end up staying pretty dry. It must depend where you sit in the boat.

where are the menus?

Someone posted descriptions of the food on another site:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36026888&postcount=1696

_Scar

I have always gotten wet on JP and so has my family that I remember and the people around us, so maybe you're the lucky one. :animwink:

And Space is 2 different coasters. Tied with IoA. :sohappy:

hack2112

I have always gotten wet on JP and so has my family that I remember and the people around us, so maybe you're the lucky one. :animwink:
Maybe I am. I'll let you know when I go on Saturday.

And Space is 2 different coasters. Tied with IoA. :sohappy:
I'm still not getting your logic here. Are you now trying to compare the coasters of four parks with the coasters of one? Because that's really unfair. And rather confusing.

hokielutz

Thanks much for the update!! I'm very excited to see the final result. Best of luck with the rest of the project.

As for the DD/SM argument, how can you not understand that an attraction with mirrored tracks and a single attraction with two unique tracks are completely different?

DD = 2 coasters
SM = 1 coaster

This has got to be one of the dumber arguments on this thread...... I'd rather do 20 rounds arguing with a Universal Fan-boy about Disney vs Univ.

Disneyson 1

^No, I'm pretty sure he's right. It's as if there are 2 completly seperate designs for the coasters with only a couple of design elements that are similar (the famous element seen from the entrance that nearly collides the 2 dragons together). Space Mountain's two sides are mirror images.

So in theory, one side of the coaster might be more or less similar to the "Hulk" coaster than the other dragon coaster, they're completely different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom