Disney's producing a live-action Beauty and the Beast movie

Californian Elitist

That, plus he's too dark and too small. The animated one's face was on the candle itself which allowed for bigger eyes and mouth.

Definitely. Seems they went for a tiny human look for Lumiere, as he's fully clothed with a human face. This is the opposite of the animated version, whic is literally a candelabra with a face.

Some things just transfer differently, in terms of animation to live-action and vice versa. I don't think a candelabra with a face would have worked for live-action, but it completely works for animation.

Animaniac93-98

Blacklash over a certain character already is starting with some theatres saying they won't show the film because of it.

Boycotts typically don't have any substantial impact on a given film's success, and with the advent of streaming services on top of home media and competing theatre chains, it's not like people who want to see this movie don't have other options.

Are they offering refunds to those who pre purchased their tickets?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Not
Boycotts typically don't have any substantial impact on a given film's success, and with the advent of streaming services on top of home media and competing theatre chains, it's not like people who want to see this movie don't have other options.

Are they offering refunds to those who pre purchased their tickets?
hing to refund it's a tiny drive in, in the middle of no where. It's basically click bait headlines.

JTravis58

The hypocrisy with these boycotts is, how do these same individuals or businesses feel about film subjects such as homicide and other forms of violence? Are those issues okay, while a sub of a sub plot of a character being gay is what upsets them? Are we as a society that warped?

Princess Leia

Well, Russia might be banning the movie (it's going to be discussed in the Russian parliament). This is so weird.

It's a movie about a bookworm falling in love with a buffalo man, surrounded by singing objects. I know that none of the above reasons are why they might ban it, but still, it's ridiculous.

Edit- Whoops, didn't see the other Russian post. My point still stands though.

Last edited:

Sped2424

The hypocrisy with these boycotts is, how do these same individuals or businesses feel about film subjects such as homicide and other forms of violence? Are those issues okay, while a sub of a sub plot of a character being gay is what upsets them? Are we as a society that warped?
Sadly yes.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Well, Russia might be banning the movie (it's going to be discussed in the Russian parliament). This is so weird.

It's a movie about a bookworm falling in love with a buffalo man, surrounded by singing objects. I know that none of the above reasons are why they might ban it, but still. This is ridiculous.

Whoops, didn't see the other Russian post. My point still stands though.

Russia considers same sex relationships to be a form of "gay propaganda" and this movie apparently has a same sex love scene.

brb1006

The problem I have with Lumiere is how hard it is to see the expressions on his face; his eyes, mouth, etc. This is especially a problem because he is one of the most expressive characters. The animated version may not look as "cool" but you knew what he was feeling.

Definitely agree there, it is kind of hard to see his facial expressions. Too much gold, maybe?
Maybe it will be easier to see his facial expressions on the big screen?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom