Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Brer Josh

Oh totally.
I was just letting people know you can book now.
I'm keeping my options open in that respect, going to keep checking prices all the way up until the race for a better price.

Ariel484

From the USA Track & Field website...this is probably the 10K course for both Marathon Weekend and Princess Half Marathon Weekend:
Screen+Shot+2013-07-10+at+9.55.33+PM.png

http://www.usatf.org/events/courses/maps/showMap.asp?courseID=FL13004TY

-em

Interesting- Can easily visualize it and while its not going to be the flattest course not going to be bad except Overpass road is going to be 'fun' least its about 1/2 way though...

-em

dreamfinder

From the USA Track & Field website...this is probably the 10K course for both Marathon Weekend and Princess Half Marathon Weekend:

http://www.usatf.org/events/courses/maps/showMap.asp?courseID=FL13004TY

Good snag. Roughly what I thought it would be. Minimal road closures, which works in their favor. Uses the same start/finish area as the 5k's, first half looks a little boring, but 2nd half should be a "Disney" race. I'm thinking most of the characters/entertainment will be in the second half, maybe 1 DJ/entertainer at like mile 2 1/2 or 3.

dreamfinder

Glass Slipper - Full
10k - Full
Half - 96%

Hurry, hurry, hurry. Time is running out! I doubt it will last til the end of the month, might not even last another week.

dreamfinder

Glass Slipper - Full
10k - Full
Half - Full

All sold out. You should still be able to register through a charity group or some of the travel operators.

Maru07

Hey, I'm new here but I'm amazed by how kind you all are regarding all the info the runners might need. I wanted to registerfor the Disneys Princess weekend but when I finally got the "GO" from my doctor, the whole weekend was sold out. I read that Dreamfinder said you could register through a charity group or a travel operator, but I wanted to know if you actually had any information as to an email address or website I could go and finish my registration. Thanks!

ChristaH

Hi @Maru07 Welcome to the Running subforum. I have only been here a short while and you are right..these people are the best and so very helpful! I had the same problem with the January half-marathon...sold out by the time I was ready to commit. I booked my race registration and Disney resort and ticket reservations through Marathon Tours and Travel (www.marathontours.com). I could not find any information on their website about the Princess Half Marathon, but they are listed as a provider on the runDisney page for the PHM. So check with them. They have been great to work with and their room and ticket prices were significantly less than through Disney Travel or Disney Sports (like it saved us over $700....I feel like I'm getting my race registration for free!) Good luck!

LindsayLoves

@Maru07 - This link will take you to the various charity groups that are working with Disney for the Princes Half. Farther down the page they list the travel providers. Personally I would rather get involved with a charity group because 1. they generally give you support and training, Team in Training has coaches out on the course helping their runners out and support them through those tough miles. 2. Its not just overpaying a tour provider for the trip because you were late in the signup process, your money is going towards a good cause. 3. Some groups have VIP tents at the Disney races with private port-a-potties and food pre-race.
http://www.rundisney.com/princess-half-marathon/registration/#charity-groups

Yes sometimes the fundraising minimum is high but you shouldn't be paying out of pocket - its fundraising. Reach out to friends, families and co-workers for donations to whatever charity you are working with. One of my friends raised over $6,000 for the American Cancer Society when she signed up to run the NYC marathon, when the fundraising minimum was only $3,500. If its a cause you care about people will be happy to donate.

JillC LI

Hey, I'm new here but I'm amazed by how kind you all are regarding all the info the runners might need. I wanted to registerfor the Disneys Princess weekend but when I finally got the "GO" from my doctor, the whole weekend was sold out. I read that Dreamfinder said you could register through a charity group or a travel operator, but I wanted to know if you actually had any information as to an email address or website I could go and finish my registration. Thanks!

I don't have any information about Disney charity sponsors, but I just wanted to say welcome to the board, and please do pursue the charity option. When I ran the NYC Marathon, I raised over $3500 for Parkinsons Disease research which felt really good since both my grandfather and father-in-law had suffered from that disease before they passed. It's a great thing to do something for others while also accomplishing a goal of your own. Good luck!

dreamfinder

The link that @LindsayLoves provided goes directly to the charity groups, and the tour operators are located below that. As PPs have said, there will be fundraising minimums with a charity, which may differ so check them all out. Some just look for $500 or so plus the race fees and might give you a team shirt to wear, others look for you to raise $2000+, but that usually includes hotel, park tickets, etc.

Also, look through all the tour groups as well. Surprisingly they are listing different race registration costs (by $10-20), but they also each seem to only have certain resorts. One is listing ASSp @$184/night and CBR @$276/night (which seems really high), while another is listing POFQ @$194/night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom