Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

dreamfinder

As a guy, I can tell you that you should really consider participating in one of the Princess events once they are live again. Think about the math. ;)
25,000 women and 10 guys..... 😁

Close. The first year, it was like a few hundred guys. If I recall correctly, they didn't even have awards for guys that year. I definitely remember if being a female cut shirt. In later years the secret was out and the ratio was definitely up.

If I haven't said it before, running in a kilt is really quite liberating. = p

menka

I really didn’t want to run a virtual half marathon. So I figured 2021 I might be missing rundisney events but then I saw the Tiana medal. 😍
1600983715333.gif

Surferboy567

25,000 women and 10 guys..... 😁
I actually was genuinely curious at the breakdown. I’m not sure how accurate these numbers are but it APPEARS 20,000 runners participated in Princess for 2020.

Out of those 20,000 runners 3,000 of them were guys. That comes out to about 15% of runners being male and 85% being female.

Texas84

I actually was genuinely curious at the breakdown. I’m not sure how accurate these numbers are but it APPEARS 20,000 runners participated in Princess for 2020.

Out of those 20,000 runners 3,000 of them were guys. That comes out to about 15% of runners being male and 85% being female.
2019 half:
20100 women
2994 men
That is finishers only. 12,277 finishers for the 10K but I don't have a breakdown on that.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Regarding question about shirts for virtual race. If the description says tech shirt, it won't be a cotton one. Hopefully, the only plastic screen printing will be on the front. I've purchased runDisney shirts from the online Disney app. They all have "runDisney" on the sleeve. The photos provided in the blog story are just that...photos of the design. Hopefully we'll see the real shirts worn by models a month prior to the race as they've done in the past.

Surferboy567

runDisney has just revealed the half marathon princess medal (even though we already had a pic). It appears the rose is supposed to be a a glossy or stained glass like medal material.

Exciting!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom