Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Surferboy567

You know after thinking about it...that fairytale challenge for just the medals is worthwhile. I may have to think about doing that...never thought I’d say that.

Even though the challenge medal isn’t my favorite.

Figment82

Princess Weekend isn’t my jam (it’s the only weekend I don’t participate in), but my daughter LOVES Moana so I’ll be going after a Kids Dash entry on Thursday. The Chip ‘n’ Dale one for Marathon Weekend is super cute too, but this one will be my priority. 😊

Surferboy567

Princess Weekend isn’t my jam (it’s the only weekend I don’t participate in), but my daughter LOVES Moana so I’ll be going after a Kids Dash entry on Thursday. The Chip ‘n’ Dale one for Marathon Weekend is super cute too, but this one will be my priority. 😊

Yea it isn’t mine either.

As a guy, it also changes since I am not the target. Much more of a Star Wars guy.

I can’t deny though that Princess is a better deal though. Which is why I may go for the fairytale challenge. Even though I prefer marathon theming.

I also NEED that Oswald.

Schema

Yea it isn’t mine either.

As a guy, it also changes since I am not the target. Much more of a Star Wars guy.

I can’t deny though that Princess is a better deal though. Which is why I may go for the fairytale challenge. Even though I prefer marathon theming.

I also NEED that Oswald.

As a guy, I can tell you that you should really consider participating in one of the Princess events once they are live again. Think about the math. ;)

Surferboy567

As a guy, I can tell you that you should really consider participating in one of the Princess events once they are live again. Think about the math. ;)

Was going to come back here and correct my statement. Thought the challenge came with the 5K for a while...so yeah redo-ing the numbers as we speak.

Surferboy567

Man...was I wrong.

To do the Princess it costs: 155 (Challenge + 5K) no shirts. 4 Medals

To do Marathon it costs 305 (Dopey + Castaway) no shirts 7 medals

I would do Dopey...issue is I am not interested or ready for a marathon so that is off the table. Same with Goofy.

I still may end up going for Princess and then doing some marathon races have to run the numbers for the individual races.

Surferboy567

As one does...I just rearranged my whole training schedule to accommodate this event. Using the advanced training challenge on the runDisney website. Jeff Galloway’s run walk method.

So far the races I plan on running are along with training dates:

2020:

Training begins October 20th

Wine and Dine Virtual 10K- November 7th (conflicts with my training so I’ll have to make it work...more on that later).

2021:

Walt Disney World Virtual 10K- January 8th (spot not secured yet also conflicts with my training...more on that later).

Star Wars Virtual Half- February 7th (aligns perfectly with training)

Princess Enchanted 5K- February 19th (spot not secured yet not in training but shouldn’t matter)

Princess Fairytale Challenge- February 20 and 21 (spot not secured yet 10k on the 20th followed by the half on the 21)

Training ends February 27th

If I can secure all these spots in the races I want to do...this is my plan from now-February. The only thing is on some of the days that the race days don’t align with the training schedule I may have to add distance to what the plan says.

EDIT: Of course, this is all if I do the challenge

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
As one does...I just rearranged my whole training schedule to accommodate this event. Using the advanced training challenge on the runDisney website. Jeff Galloway’s run walk method.

So far the races I plan on running are along with training dates:

2020:

Training begins October 20th

Wine and Dine Virtual 10K- November 7th (conflicts with my training so I’ll have to make it work...more on that later).

2021:

Walt Disney World Virtual 10K- January 8th (spot not secured yet also conflicts with my training...more on that later).

Star Wars Virtual Half- February 7th (aligns perfectly with training)

Princess Enchanted 5K- February 19th (spot not secured yet not in training but shouldn’t matter)

Princess Fairytale Challenge- February 20 and 21 (spot not secured yet 10k on the 20th followed by the half on the 21)

Training ends February 27th

If I can secure all these spots in the races I want to do...this is my plan from now-February. The only thing is on some of the days that the race days don’t align with the training schedule I may have to add distance to hat the plan says.

Hint: we never really STOP training for run Disney races.... 😁

Surferboy567

I do have to admit...the Princess medals really upped their game this year. Even though last years were also very nice. Princess seems to have a good selection of medals from what I can tell.

I’ve never even considered it till now.

Last year’s marathon medals I perfer over this year. Which is why I am leaning toward running the full Princess. This is the rare time I’ll be able to participate in a weekend like this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom