Disney's Live Action The Little Mermaid

mary2013

1678895667571.png

from IMDB

Magenta Panther

Incorrect. I was the first one to say the remake of Pinocchio was absolute garbage after months of hoping for the best before it was released. If Mermaid is garbage, I'll be right there to say that as well.....ONCE IT OPENS. My problem is with the haters who hate before an attraction opens or a film is released. Plus ya tossed in a nice Oscars hate fest for good measure when this was one of the best reviewed Oscars in years.

And had the third-lowest ratings in Oscar history. 😇

Chi84

Premium Member
Perhaps you have no business trying to troll people off this message board. People have the right to comment negatively about a movie trailer. Perhaps you can learn to be a bit more tolerant of differing opinions, or perhaps you can go find an all-cheerleading Disney board that would make you happier.
Please stop or take it to private messages. No one cares about your argument except the two of you.

DKampy

I guess when there hasn't been anything of note to watch so far this year.
The Academy Awards is typically the 2nd most watched TV event every year with the Super Bowl being #1….I think part of the audience decline is there is more choices on television than ever before… not to mention that for the low point of 2021 it was an odd year for the Oscars due to theaters being closed during the pandemic

Phroobar

The Academy Awards is typically the 2nd most watched TV event every year with the Super Bowl being #1….I think part of the audience decline is there is more choices on television than ever before… not to mention that for the low point of 2021 it was an odd year for the Oscars due to theaters being closed during the pandemic
It's not hard to be second when there isn't anything else. If there is a wedding, funeral or major event, it won't be number 2 that year. They are also at their lowest viewing points ever. It wouldn't be hard for the World Cup or World Series to take number 2.

DKampy

It's not hard to be second when there isn't anything else. If there is a wedding, funeral or major event, it won't be number 2 that year. They are also at their lowest viewing points ever. It wouldn't be hard for the World Cup or World Series to take number 2.
Yeah if something major happens it is possible…like a 9/11…. World Series is not as big as you think…. The majority of the general population only watch if it is a team they root for…. It is not the Super Bowl where people will watch even if they do not like football

I do not think it is a coincidence that the ratings started shrinking when streaming started it’s thing… as well as YouTube began taking off… many of the younger generation opt to just watch the clips the next day if they are interested

Phroobar

Yeah if something major happens it is possible…like a 9/11…. World Series is not as big as you think…. The majority of the general population only watch if it is a team they root for…. It is not the Super Bowl where people will watch even if they do not like football

I do not think it is a coincidence that the ratings started shrinking when streaming started it’s thing… as well as YouTube began taking off… many of the younger generation opt to just watch the clips the next day if they are interested
I don't have cable anymore so I dvr'ed it off the antenna and skipped the speeches and commercials.

The Mom

Premium Member
Bringing this over from another thread

Just a reminder, since many posters in this thread post on multiple threads.

3. Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilised and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.

5. If you feel another user is attacking or being aggressive towards you, report their message to staff. Do not respond publicly. This simply continues the back and forth that derails topics and makes them uncomfortable for other users. If someone attacks you and you respond with an attack, you will be warned regardless of who started it.

14. Political discussion is not allowed in any area of the forum. Any political posts are likely to be deleted without warning.

These terms may be changed at any time without notice.

If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service

MoonRakerSCM

, I still stand by my original thoughts, it looks depressing, devoid of color, making the sea look like, well, the sea. It just has an off-putting feel to it that the underwater scenes seem to generate due to filming techniques, coloring, stylistic choices? (related to making it look like underwater?).

She has a heck of a voice on her. I'm excited for the music, not so much for the visuals. I suspect it'll do better than Strange World simply because it's based off a sound story from competent writers back in the 80s.

Last edited by a moderator:

LSLS

World Series has had one game in the last 5 years that was above the Oscars viewership this year, with the average around 7 million less people. It would take quite a lot for it to happen. The world cup would also need about a 30% jump in it's highest ever viewership. I hate the Oscars in no small part because (as stated dozens of times at this point) I have total contempt for movie critics, but it's definitely not easy to see it overtaken.

Disney Analyst

Incorrect. I was the first one to say the remake of Pinocchio was absolute garbage after months of hoping for the best before it was released. If Mermaid is garbage, I'll be right there to say that as well.....ONCE IT OPENS. My problem is with the haters who hate before an attraction opens or a film is released. Plus ya tossed in a nice Oscars hate fest for good measure when this was one of the best reviewed Oscars in years.

I would also add. Positivity from others has never brought me down, even if they may be overly positive. I’d much rather there be more positivity in general.

Negativity, overly negative people… they bring things down. The mood drops, the skies turn grey, and it really does impact the mood of a space.

That’s not to say criticism isn’t allowed. We are all critical over things Disney has done. Constructive criticism and debate is not an issue.

Constant pile ons and agenda driven negativity is not criticism, especially when it comes from the same group of people day after day. It’s trolling.

Prince-1

World Series has had one game in the last 5 years that was above the Oscars viewership this year, with the average around 7 million less people. It would take quite a lot for it to happen. The world cup would also need about a 30% jump in it's highest ever viewership. I hate the Oscars in no small part because (as stated dozens of times at this point) I have total contempt for movie critics, but it's definitely not easy to see it overtaken.

What do movie critics have to do with the Oscars? They do not have a vote.

LSLS

What do movie critics have to do with the Oscars? They do not have a vote.

I guess I just associate the Academy with the same nonsense explanations that critics use in their writeups that bother me. Whatever, I understand many enjoy them and it's not for me, and since Oscar talk has probably gone on WAY too long here anyways, I'll leave it at what I said previously that I'd be VERY surprised if the World Series had higher ratings, and surprised if the World Cup did either.

Phroobar

Perhaps we could debate the likelihood of the new Lin-Manuel Miranda song getting a nomination…😉
Remember, nominations are created by the movie companies as part of their marketing. If Disney has a Lin-Manuel Miranda song about his day at the beach, it will be nominated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom