Disney's Live Action The Little Mermaid

Phroobar

True, four years ago. But compared to Disney's other recent major films, it is significantly later (Indy 212 days, Mansion 162 days, Guardians 158 days, Ant-Man 116 days, and Mermaid only 76 days)

As they say "if you have the goods, show it". If those few specifically chosen line deliveries are an example of what we're in for, I get why they waited. Let's hope she can really sing.
How long before was Strange World shown?

Jedijax719

Guardians trailer released on 12/1/22 and Ant-Man was on 10/24/22, not sure where the spin is, just Googled it and watched them.

I assume you are not comparing the content of the Indy and Mansion teaser/first trailers to the LM teaser.

But doesn't matter, the trailer is out now for everybody to process. We'll see what happens in May...
Incorrect. The Guardsians TEASER was released on 12/1 and the ANQM TEASER on 10/24. The Little Mermaid TEASER was dropped at D23 on 9/9 which was 251 days (about 8 1/2 months) before release.

Your post is both 100% incorrect and 100% pointless.

And don't even try to bring up the bot-created dislikes.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes

Screamface

Somehow they landed on the wrong side of the uncanny valley while using real actors.

Why improve on Will Smith's Genie technology if that film made bank.

It looks like they're deep-faking faces onto CGI bodies in many of the shots. I don't know if that's what they're doing. It is a technique. Do a CGI face. To try and mitigate uncanny valley. Deep fake on top of that.

Probably just a case of, capture the performance. The body is CGI, keep the face. The hair is also CGI for control and under water scenes. Bad matching of light, movement and blending of the actual face.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The live-action remake will feature a new song, called "For The First Time", by Alan Menken and Lin-Manuel Miranda.

Now I’d like to see an animated Disney musical with songs by Menken and Miranda!
So much for beat-by-beat remake.

Disney Analyst

Since dislikes don't really matter on YouTube these days, unless you go out of your way to find them and view them... all that matters in engagement. Comments = engagement. Views = engagement.

The Little Mermaid trailer is currently at 6.6 million views on the main Walt Disney Studios channel, and sitting at #9 on trending.

erasure fan1

Then stay home.
Just a bit defensive are we? Nothing I said is out of line. You might personally want Disney to just skate by with little effort. I don't, so why's that so wrong? I want them to innovate, push things forward. If this remake route is the way Disney is going, and it is. Higher expectations are no less valid than your opinions.

BuddyThomas

Just a bit defensive are we? Nothing I said is out of line. You might personally want Disney to just skate by with little effort. I don't, so why's that so wrong? I want them to innovate, push things forward. If this remake route is the way Disney is going, and it is. Higher expectations are no less valid than your opinions.
I’m not defensive at all. Just based on all your comments, all you do is continue to look for crap to complain about. This pattern is true of many on here and is extremely tiresome. It’s like “Hey, let’s belong to a Disney chat board and then do nothing at all but complain about Disney.” Perhaps there are other entertainment companies that would make you happier.

erasure fan1

Im not defensive at all. Just based on all your comments, all you do is continue to look for crap to complain about. This pattern is true of many on here and is extremely tiresome. It’s like “Hey, let’s belong to a Disney chat board and then do nothing at all but complain about Disney.” Perhaps there are other entertainment companies that would make you happier.
I hate to say it, but it works both ways. Some would say the constant trying to paint everything as sunshine and rainbows is equally as tiresome. Even when something is blatantly bad, you and many on here will jump in and go into defend Disneys honor mode. I've been a Disney fan for my entire life. I've been going to the parks for over 40yrs. It's not wrong to call out mediocrity and wanting a company you've invested so much in to be better.

BuddyThomas

I hate to say it, but it works both ways. Some would say the constant trying to paint everything as sunshine and rainbows is equally as tiresome. Even when something is blatantly bad, you and many on here will jump in and go into defend Disneys honor mode. I've been a Disney fan for my entire life. I've been going to the parks for over 40yrs. It's not wrong to call out mediocrity and wanting a company you've invested so much in to be better.
Incorrect. I was the first one to say the remake of Pinocchio was absolute garbage after months of hoping for the best before it was released. If Mermaid is garbage, I'll be right there to say that as well.....ONCE IT OPENS. My problem is with the haters who hate before an attraction opens or a film is released. Plus ya tossed in a nice Oscars hate fest for good measure when this was one of the best reviewed Oscars in years.

erasure fan1

Incorrect. I was the first one to say the remake of Pinocchio was absolute garbage after months of hoping for the best before it was released. If Mermaid is garbage, I'll be right there to say that as well.....ONCE IT OPENS. My problem is with the haters who hate before an attraction opens or a film is released. Plus ya tossed in a nice Oscars hate fest for good measure when this was one of the best reviewed Oscars in years.
Here's the thing, I never said the movie was garbage. I said the visual effects are not very good. That is something that is fair game as the trailer is out for all to see. I also said IF it was a beat for beat remake it would be disappointing. Again I didn't call the film garbage or terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

DKampy

Plus to add to this…I have issues with the glee some so called fans seem to take when Disney fails at something…as a Disney fan…I always hope for the best…there are some misses but there are some hits in there too

GimpYancIent

I am curious to see, post release of the film, merchandise sales trends and if park meet and greets are changed. The trailer was good, music is Little Mermaid, and the story line is already known. In short it was entertaining but not exciting.

LSLS

So much for beat-by-beat remake.
I guess, but it still seems near-identical to me so far. I mean, Beauty and the Beast added that one scene to it (which in my opinion didn't fit at all) just to say something was different too. I'd be surprised if this doesn't do well, but it still isn't for me (and honestly, I'm sick of Lin Manuel Miranda songs at this point too, but again, I fully admit I'm in a minority here).

LSLS

Plus to add to this…I have issues with the glee some so called fans seem to take when Disney fails at something…as a Disney fan…I always hope for the best…there are some misses but there are some hits in there too

Things don't change if everything succeeds. If they close the park at 4:00 and charge the same amount, I don't think it's wrong to want it to fail so they open back up through the night. Yes, some seem to go way too far, but I don't think the concept is totally wrong.

DKampy

Things don't change if everything succeeds. If they close the park at 4:00 and charge the same amount, I don't think it's wrong to want it to fail so they open back up through the night. Yes, some seem to go way too far, but I don't think the concept is totally wrong.
If you don’t care for something you have experienced it and hope it does not work out and hope it changes is one thing…but when you hope a movie fails and continue to post how such movie failed in a gleeful manner without having even seen such movie is another see the Strange World thread for example

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom