Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Imagine if the cost of this rebranding was used somewhere more appropriate. Like fixing Tower of Terrors show for example.

Do they even know Tower of Terror is broken? Besides the obvious ride mechanics. Sometimes I wonder if there’s any real Imagineers around that keep track of what effects are supposed to be working in an attraction. It would explain the build it and forget it philosophy we've seen for the past few decades.

peter11435

Do they even know Tower of Terror is broken? Besides the obvious ride mechanics. Sometimes I wonder if there’s any real Imagineers around that keep track of what effects are supposed to be working in an attraction. It would explain the build it and forget it philosophy we've seen for the past few decades.
They are around and aware. Unfortunately they are just limited in scope as to what they can accomplish once an attraction belongs to operations.

Rose&Crown

Weren’t they going to be closing half the ride at a time to work on it? Did that ever happen?

Bleed0range

DisneyParks revealed the new logo for the park. Yeah, DHS name isn't going away anytime now.
screen-shot-2019-05-01-at-10-26-20-am-png.368555

It seems to me the cleverest thing they could have done would have just had Mickey in it and the two o’s in HollywOOd represent his ears. They don’t really need the other characters.

QuasiNoFroyo

I think Disney's Cinemagic Adventure (or something along those lines) would have been a decent new name. Not great, but could potentially get the job done seeing how Hollywood Studios itself isn't even a studio anymore.

SteveAZee

Perhaps "Disney's Hollywood" Studios would be apt. It's a reflection of the part of Hollywood that is exclusively Disney's, i.e. the IP.

TrainsOfDisney

Based on what got built for Pixar Studios, I really think they were on to something kinda cool if they had kept developing individual studios within the Disney Brand.

Keeping part of the park “Hollywood that never was” and then having Pixar, Muppet, Lucas, and Disney Animation studios would have been really cool. Each (or some) of those could even have legit museums featuring costumes, and photo ops from those particular studios.

ABC could have had a presence as well if they wanted. Maybe even film an actual abc show there at the park weakly using some of the equity talent they have on hand.

Now it’s just.... old Hollywood entrance with a huge Star Wars land, a toy story land, and a few minor items here and there. And think about this... there will be, apparently, 2 Star Wars simulators in the same parks.... interesting

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Based on what got built for Pixar Studios, I really think they were on to something kinda cool if they had kept developing individual studios within the Disney Brand.

Keeping part of the park “Hollywood that never was” and then having Pixar, Muppet, Lucas, and Disney Animation studios would have been really cool. Each (or some) of those could even have legit museums featuring costumes, and photo ops from those particular studios.

ABC could have had a presence as well if they wanted. Maybe even film an actual abc show there at the park weakly using some of the equity talent they have on hand.

Now it’s just.... old Hollywood entrance with a huge Star Wars land, a toy story land, and a few minor items here and there. And think about this... there will be, apparently, 2 Star Wars simulators in the same parks.... interesting

You should check out what the Disneyland crowd has to say about a Pixar land called "Pixar Pier."

The references to the production studios in the Hollywood streets is perfectly fine and sufficient. We don't really need a "land" dedicated to a particular studio.

TrainsOfDisney

I’ve seen Pixar pier with my own eyes.... what a weird mix of styles. I did like how they made the carnival games themed to Pixar, that was a major plus that I hope sticks around.

I thought the plans for Muppet studios looked pretty cool, and I liked the Pixar studio theme that we had for a few years, especially at the beginning with Luxo dancing. I mean it never got built out obviously, but seemed to have potential.

MickeyMouse10

I don't know why they are holding onto the old name. It could have to do with this years anniversary.

"To celebrate 30 years we're changing the name and everything that this park stands for."

TrainsOfDisney

Well the park has already changed names more times than any other Disney park correct? It’s a major cost to rebrand something, and it causes confusion to guests. (People still are confused about Disney springs).

But I agree.... the name doesn’t really fit the park at all. Which again I think is kinda sad.... I miss what it once was, even though I still enjoy visiting it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom