Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

MarkTwain

DisneyParks revealed the new logo for the park. Yeah, DHS name isn't going away anytime now.
screen-shot-2019-05-01-at-10-26-20-am-png.368555

That's strange (and borderline poor design) to include such detail-heavy characters into a logo like that. Are they going to be used everywhere or just in really large logos like the archway sign? I can't imagine those characters being shrunk down to fit on every single pin, app icon, pamphlet, etc.

In graphic design terms, it's basically impossible to have as a vector, it has be to be rastered.

Surferboy567

So is there a chance that ToT gonna be re-branded from the Twilight zone to Something original.

I feel like the writing has been on the wall for a while...lots of people don't believe it will happen but I don't think the twilight zone theme is long for this world...same with RnR. It will be IP though not original hope they make a land out of that area.

Of course...this is all just a thought on my part nothing official.

Missing20K

That's strange (and borderline poor design) to include such detail-heavy characters into a logo like that. Are they going to be used everywhere or just in really large logos like the archway sign? I can't imagine those characters being shrunk down to fit on every single pin, app icon, pamphlet, etc.

In graphic design terms, it's basically impossible to have as a vector, it has be to be rastered.
Yep, they are gonna have like 4 or 5 different logos depending on the media and/or size. Really poor design if you ask me.

SweetDuffy101

Since its themed to Hollywood I thought they might have brought back past characters Like Oswald and Ortensia or Just put Oswald on the Logo, I mean like they touted Oswald getting a bigger presence but i expected it to be in HS.

brb1006

Since its themed to Hollywood I thought they might have brought back past characters Like Oswald and Ortensia or Just put Oswald on the Logo, I mean like they touted Oswald getting a bigger presence but i expected it to be in HS.
I'm surprised Oswald barely has any presence at WDW besides the Running Marathon if your lucky. Disneyland Paris's Fan Daze event last June gave better attention to Oswald and Ortensia then WDW.

Surferboy567

I'm surprised Oswald barely has any presence at WDW besides the Running Marathon if your lucky. Disneyland Paris's Fan Daze event last June gave better attention to Oswald and Ortensia then WDW.

Is Oswald like super popular in Paris? Shame he didn't catch on here (I guess)

DisneyJill

I feel like the writing has been on the wall for a while...lots of people don't believe it will happen but I don't think the twilight zone theme is long for this world...same with RnR. It will be IP though not original hope they make a land out of that area.

Of course...this is all just a thought on my part nothing official.

incredicoaster possibly? although with toy story land, they may not be interested in another potential land/area of pixar in the same park.

Surferboy567

incredicoaster possibly? although with toy story land, they may not be interested in another potential land/area of pixar in the same park.

I'm not sure about the incredicoaster...when you mention that name the angry mob comes after you. They are interested in having more Pixar undoubtedly. I really want them to do something with Monsters...but I wouldn't mind the incredicoaster IF THEY ADDED MORE THEMING. It might actually get me to ride it since...I don't really do coasters like RnR...hoping for a new themed land out of that area even rolling ToT in. This seems like a D23 announcement if it were to happen...the only thing we know is that the Aerosmith theme is not long for this world.

DisneyJill

I'm not sure about the incredicoaster...when you mention that name the angry mob comes after you. They are interested in having more Pixar undoubtedly. I really want them to do something with Monsters...but I wouldn't mind the incredicoaster IF THEY ADDED MORE THEMING. It might actually get me to ride it since...I don't really do coasters like RnR...hoping for a new themed land out of that area even rolling ToT in. This seems like a D23 announcement if it were to happen...the only thing we know is that the Aerosmith theme is not long for this world.

ugh, i don't want angry mobsters after me. :hilarious:

Texas84

I've seen Oswald a few times during runDisney events. He gets long lines.

Brer Oswald

Oswald is dead. The promise for more of him was a complete lie. There were plans for a Disney + show. It may release. But if it does, that’s the most we are getting in relation to “more Oswald”.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
DisneyParks revealed the new logo for the park. Yeah, DHS name isn't going away anytime now.
screen-shot-2019-05-01-at-10-26-20-am-png.368555

Compare it to the old logo...

Mickey Mouse "making a movie" with the clapboard is replaced by the newer version of Mickey that will be in MMRR.

"Hollywood" is emphasized while "Studios" is deemphasized.

The major "studios" of DHS are represented: LucasFilm, Pixar, and DAS.

All part of the plan to move from "making movies" to "being in the movies", although, the place where movies are made, i.e., Hollywood, is still there as the placesetting of all the public areas that one goes through to get to an attraction or Land.

Seems a natural progression in line with removing the movie-making elements from the Muppet fountain.

Though, if it were up to me, that whole proscenium would be removed in place of another movie theater facade to re-orient the projection show to align with the fireworks.

No Name

The new logo in no way embodies the spirit of the park because it embodies nothing. It's incredibly generic. In its smaller form it will be even more generic without the characters, and in it's larger form it is emotionless and limiting. At least the name is staying. But I could come up with something better in a minute on Microsoft Word.

Here you go:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom