Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

No Name

I don't want a new name either, but Iger confirmed it is coming. So I would, personally, be shocked if there wasn't a full fledged re-dedication.

Why? They didn't rededicate Euro Disneyland, Disney-MGM Studios, or Epcot Center when those names changed. California Adventure in 2012 was the first time a park was rededicated. All Iger basically did was use the thesaurus on Eisner's words. But at least he had some reason, as the park was panned from day one, and needed a fresh start.

DHS's present state is almost entirely Bob Iger and co's fault. I imagine he'll try to pretend the park was was troubled since day one, but that's not at all true.

britain

Magic Kingdom is not officially "Magic Kingdom Park." Nor is Animal Kingdom.

Regardless, the difference is there's always a word before Park that denotes place. Even though your trash MDE app may read Magic Kingdom Park or Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, do you call it that verbally? Would you ever say "Hey kids, today we're going to Magic Kingdom Park!"? No, because the word Kingdom already denotes place. The word Magic is an adjective.

The difference with Disney('s) Cinemagine Park is that there's no other word that denotes place, so Park must fill that role. "Hey Kids, today we're going to Cinemagine!" doesn't sound right, instead you would naturally include Park in everyday speak.

I cannot think of a single major theme park for which that's the case.

I agree, I agree!

However, this is what it says on their website:

1517006008638.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"Magical Movieland" wouldn't be bad. Not my favorite option by any means, but certainly better than Cinemagine....

Agreed. And mine was totally made up. :) Thinking about it more seriously, "Disney Movie Park" is probably along the lines with what they're thinking. Generic, bland, and wholly fits with what they seem to be doing with TPFKATDMGMS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom