Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

Jones14

Not to be argumentative, as I can see the point. But it is focused on moving you INTO the movies, how is that a celebration of Hollywood and the film industry?

First again, I am not a fan of Cinemagine, nor some other names.

Hollywood Adventure was I think the expected name, and can see the tie in....but I keep getting hung up on movies really aren't based in Hollywood any longer.

You enter a Hollywood where the sets don’t end just outside of the camera, where the director never yells, “Cut!”, and where you get to be a part of the movie as it unfolds (whereas you used to be a part of the movies as they were being ‘made’).

Plus, in some areas, you are still *actually* in L.A.

I just don’t see the need to change the name when the dedication still fits (in a different way), and the park is still set in Hollywood and celebrates it’s golden age (plus the fruits of some of Disney’s most successful labors in the film division).

No Name

Hollywood is still famous for movies.

the theme is now be IN the movies

They just opened a Grand Avenue (a street in LA), they're building a ride that puts you into a fictional TV show short, and they're building two lands set in locations not from any movie. Nevermind existing things like ToT, RnRC, Muppetvision, TSMM, etc. So even if what you said can be considered a theme, which I'm not about to explain again, how is that the theme here?

Phicinfan

Hollywood is still famous for movies.

They just opened a Grand Avenue (a street in LA), they're building a ride that puts you into a fictional TV show short, and they're building two lands set in locations not from any movie. Nevermind existing things like ToT, RnRC, Muppetvision, TSMM, etc. So even if what you said can be considered a theme, which I'm not about to explain again, how is that the theme here?
All very true. They definately have a California swerve, and for that I can see Hollywood being in the moniker.

So you got me there. Still wonder where Cinemagine is coming from....

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I recently tried combining two Disneyesque words together. I took the root word; "Feature" as in a movie presentation and combined it with "Imagination". The resulting name is as good if not greater than Cinemagine! Presenting my new name proposal for Hollywood Studios...

Disney's Featurination!

Last edited:

SCOTLORR

If they’re sticking with the the motto of: “The Hollywood that never was, and always will be.” Then how about just ‘Disney’s Hollywood’?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I recently tried combining two Disneyesque words together. I took the root word; "Feature" as in a movie presentation and combined it with "Imagination". The resulting name is as good if not greater than Cinemagine! Presenting my new name proposal for Hollywood Studios...

Disney's Featurination!

:eek:

:hilarious:

matt2394

That's until they replace it with "Muppet Toy Story Star Wars House Party: With No Mickey!"
"It's Star Wars-tastic!"- Hugh Neutron

But seriously, I refuse to believe this is the best name they could have come up with. Even something generic like Disney's Cinematic Adventure sounds better. I can't imagine park guests getting used to that name, it's too unwieldy.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I'm not buying it. Jim's argument seems to be that Disney was afraid to use Cinemagic because it's too close to Magic Kingdom. No it's not! If they were to call it Cinemagic Kingdom, maybe but not Cinemagic alone. And even so, that fix would be as simple replacing one noun for another; instead of "Kingdom" use "Center" which by my understanding was the plan. Cinemagic Center, Epcot Center, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom

Granted, I loath the name and "Cinemagine" is far far worse! But to think that International guests or persons unfamiliar with Disney in general would confuse the two is kinda silly. Given the choices being shopped around "Cinemagic" is the easier pill to swallow. Shame it sounds like a food item and not a themepark destination. Keep grinding Disney. You're not there yet!

Last edited:

Pam Hates Penguins

That name has been thrown around a lot in the fan community, so it's hard to tell if the buzz is just because a lot of people are saying it, or if it's a legitimate contender.

Personally, I like the name! I would keep the Hollywood in the park's name. There are too many thematic places which resemble the greatness of Hollywood and its history.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom