Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

AEfx

You must be young. They used the word "Studios" intentionally to associate with Universal's style of park, and to directly beat them out.

Uh, no, I am completely aware of the history of the Studios. A decision made by a previous CEO more than thirty years ago. One that led to decades of consumer confusion, and one I doubt that they will want to repeat.

TrojanUSC

Uh, no, I am completely aware of the history of the Studios. A decision made by a previous CEO more than thirty years ago. One that led to decades of consumer confusion, and one I doubt that they will want to repeat.

On one hand it's confusing, on the other research indicated that many guests, once they went went to Disney-MGM Studios, either didn't realize there was a USF or didn't feel the need to go. Certainly there was some confusion though, can't imagine how many guests turned up looking for Nickelodeon or Back To The Future, but it wasn't all negative.

AEfx

On one hand it's confusing, on the other research indicated that many guests, once they went went to Disney-MGM Studios, either didn't realize there was a USF or didn't feel the need to go. Certainly there was some confusion though, can't imagine how many guests turned up looking for Nickelodeon or Back To The Future, but it wasn't all negative.

That may be the case, but in today's brand conscious world, I just can't see it happening again.

No Name

I still like "Disney's Movieland."

Great name idea.
Makes sense considering ToT, RnRC, and MMRR are based on movie franchises!
And the other attractions have a lot to do with their origin as movie franchises!
:confused:

You are assuming they consider it a mistake.
Remember it was a decision made in 2008 too. And Martin's said Hollywood Adventure was on the table. I see no desire to not repeat.

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

I've heard it's becoming...

Disney's Hollow Woody Land

woody.jpg

AEfx

Remember it was a decision made in 2008 too.

Well, no, it wasn't. In 2008 they maintained the "studio" part of the moniker.

They didn't decide to change the "studio" part and then rename it with another word used in the title of the opposite competing theme park down the road. That's the point - *if* they are going to go to the trouble to change it, I don't see them trading one for the other.

And Martin's said Hollywood Adventure was on the table. I see no desire to not repeat.

Yes, he did. And that it no longer was. Remember, "they" are not a singular mind. I'm sure lots of names were suggested and thrown out.

In any case, when you think about it, it is a bad idea on many levels. First, yes, having two "Adventure" parks in the same city is undoubtedly confusing, just as having two "Studios" parks was for guests and marketing. But there is a lot more than that.

Disney already has a US park with the word "adventure" in it. And unless they call it "Disney's Florida Adventure" it just would just be odd to have "California Adventure" in California and "Hollywood Adventure" in Florida. It just doesn't make branding sense.

And then you just have the fact that the word "Adventure" has just become so common in theme park names - I can name at least a half-dozen more off the top of my head.

I just don't see Disney, particularly as how they have become even more exacting they always have been about branding and trademarks, using it in whatever they rename it. I could be surprised, maybe they will - but it just wouldn't be a good idea, so hopefully common sense prevails.

britain

Moving the discussion to the appropriate thread: Disney's Cinemagine Park. The rumored name. Let's dish.

I kind of like it, but here's the thing: You need to be able to read these park titles without actually saying "Park" at the end. Sure, on paper, it's "The Magic Kingdom Park" and "Disneyland Park" but in real life, it's "The Magic Kingdom" and "Disneyland". You'd also tend to drop "Disney's" off of Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, California Adventure, etc.

So this would be casually referred to as Disney's Cinemagine or just Cinemagine? Might work. Not sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom