Disney's Hollywood Studios likely to become Disney Hollywood Studios

HMF

Original Poster
Al Lutz mentioned in his new article that the new name of Disney's California Adventure now going to be known as Disney California Adventure will now spread to all things branded with the term Disney's at all the parks.
DCALogo462199SMALL.jpg

So expect to see Disney's Hollywood Studios become Disney Hollywood Studios. Disney Typhoon Lagoon' Disney Blizzard Beach' Disney Animal Kingdom etc.

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al060110a.htm

sponono88

yep, now it's a California Adventure that's under the Disney name. No longer their California Adventure, as in the possesive Disney's California Adventure. I wonder if this will spread to other Disney parks.. although Al seems to imply it will.

dxwwf3

I'm sorry, but it just sounds dumb to me. If you want to remove the posessive, don't say Disney in the name, just say California Adventure and have the Disney up there just to let people know what it is. Saying "Disney California Adventure" sounds wrong. They can get away with it at DHS because it was Disney-MGM for so long. But saying it in front of Animal Kingdom sounds just as bad as Disney California Adventure.

the-reason14

Why not just call the places by their names and drop "disney" altogether? It's already obvious that it's disney's animal kingdom, california adventure, etc. So why not just call it what it is. They don't call it disney's magic kingdom, disney's epcot, or disney's disneyland.

Captain Hank

Why not just call the places by their names and drop "disney" altogether? It's already obvious that it's disney's animal kingdom, california adventure, etc. So why not just call it what it is. They don't call it disney's magic kingdom, disney's epcot, or disney's disneyland.
Pure speculation: it may have to do with copyrighting/trademarking, etc. Names like Animal Kingdom and Saratoga Springs may be too generic to copyright/register. However, if the official title starts with a "Disney's," it becomes much more specific.

By the way, I could be wrong, but I just don't see this change trickling down to WDW. Pretty much every road sign on property would have to be replaced, along with every directory, guidemap, resort map, ticket media and a host of other collateral. It'd be a huge and unnecessary expense.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I'm waiting for Epcot to become "Disney Epcot Park" cause that sounds just as lame, so its bound to happen. :lol::lookaroun

sponono88

I'm sorry, but it just sounds dumb to me. If you want to remove the posessive, don't say Disney in the name, just say California Adventure and have the Disney up there just to let people know what it is. Saying "Disney California Adventure" sounds wrong. They can get away with it at DHS because it was Disney-MGM for so long. But saying it in front of Animal Kingdom sounds just as bad as Disney California Adventure.

the new World of Color commercial calls it "The Disney California Adventure park". again, it doesn't sound as weird if you think of the Disney as the header.. and California Adventure as the actual name of the park.

[youtube]VA4iRV_52_A[/youtube]

dxwwf3

I don't really like "The Disney California Adventure Park" either. To me, if they want to use an official name "Disney's California Adventure" rolls off the tongue and is shorter.

DonaldDoleWhip

"The Disney California Adventure Park"? Seriously?!

Might as well start changing all of the park names. Disney Disneyland, Disney Magic Kingdom, Disney Tokyo Disneyland...that last one has a nice ring to it. Yuck

lazyboy97o

The only redeeming quality of this move, since it does appear that the name change is part of the larger marketing move that began about two years ago (I first noticed it on some merchandise while working at the Disney Store), is that they may be in the process of dropping "Disney's" from every name, with Disney just being a brand mark. It means that Disney's Animal Kingdom may just become Animal Kingdom, with Disney there as the brand mark. The best analogue I can think of is the old Coca-Cola product bottles that all had "Enjoy" above the product name, so that bottles said "Enjoy Barq's" or "Enjoy Sprite", but that was not the product's name.

Money wise, this change should be done on an as needed basis. There should be no big expenditure at Walt Disney World to change signage. Remove the " 's" as the signage needs to be replaced.

fractal

This is one of those things that will be reversed in 10 years or so and somebody will say " what the heck were we thinking"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom