Disney's Hollywood Studios about to get its version of a Blue Sky Cellar preview center

djkidkaz

There was a rumor that Star Wars was taking over this building with art and set props but that was just announced for Shanghai so it's likely that it where the rumor came from.

OliveMcFly

I think they should keep One Man's Dream open and convert the theater into the Blue Sky Cellar. That way guests can walk through and learn about the history of Disney and then see an exhibit for the future of the park. It would make sense since they have all those models of DisneySea, Animal Kingdom, DCA etc before you enter the theater.
This is a great idea! I've come to terms with the state of this park and I'm very excited to see what it's going to turn into.

JEANYLASER

This is a great idea! I've come to terms with the state of this park and I'm very excited to see what it's going to turn into too!

JediMasterMatt

I vote that instead of combining the Blue Sky Cellar and One Man's Dream concepts... they keep One Man's Dream where it's at and combine the Blue Sky Cellar with the Magic of Disney Animation concept.

Imagine, allowing all the guests to draw up designs for the redo of the park? "Herpa derp, I wantz a Star Warz coasterz!!" repeat this ad nauseam.

If they did this, it would offer better entertainment than what the soon to be refurb wall city has any chance of offering.

ToTBellHop

I vote that instead of combining the Blue Sky Cellar and One Man's Dream concepts... they keep One Man's Dream where it's at and combine the Blue Sky Cellar with the Magic of Disney Animation concept.

Imagine, allowing all the guests to draw up designs for the redo of the park? "Herpa derp, I wantz a Star Warz coasterz!!" repeat this ad nauseam.

If they did this, it would offer better entertainment than what the soon to be refurb wall city has any chance of offering.
One Man's Dream may need to be a walkway in the near future.

doctornick

One Man's Dream may need to be a walkway in the near future.

Yes, I'm getting the filling that the walkway for Pixar Place is going to be shut down and TSMM is going to have its entrance/exit changed to the other side of the building. So, they are likely tearing down OMD and the Jack Sparrow thing to have that become a much larger walkway towards a TSPL behind the current TSMM which which also feature access to that ride.

ToTBellHop

Yes, I'm getting the filling that the walkway for Pixar Place is going to be shut down and TSMM is going to have its entrance/exit changed to the other side of the building. So, they are likely tearing down OMD and the Jack Sparrow thing to have that become a much larger walkway towards a TSPL behind the current TSMM which which also feature access to that ride.
Yes. That would create the far more traditional (for Disney) hub and spoke system which just works really well and is easier for guests to understand. A new, more clear spoke would go from Mickey's right chin right through OMD and Jack Sparrow to whatever Pixar Land we get. I'm sure something similar will happen if they end up (as we expect) bulldozing everything southeast of Center Stage (Commissary through Muppets, SoA, LMA, HISTK, etc). Then you end up with Center Stage having five major spokes effectively (Hollywood Blvd north, Sunset Blvd northwest, the new Pixar Place to the southwest, the other side of Pixar material to the southeast, and Star Wars to the east). It would be much easier to navigate. An outer ring would even be possible if they want as in the MK style parks.

Texas84

Yes. That would create the far more traditional (for Disney) hub and spoke system which just works really well and is easier for guests to understand. A new, more clear spoke would go from Mickey's right chin right through OMD and Jack Sparrow to whatever Pixar Land we get. I'm sure something similar will happen if they end up (as we expect) bulldozing everything southeast of Center Stage (Commissary through Muppets, SoA, LMA, HISTK, etc). Then you end up with Center Stage having five major spokes effectively (Hollywood Blvd north, Sunset Blvd northwest, the new Pixar Place to the southwest, the other side of Pixar material to the southeast, and Star Wars to the east). It would be much easier to navigate. An outer ring would even be possible if they want as in the MK style parks.

lovethatidea.jpg

djkidkaz

Someone with skills should mark up a park map with these alterations as this is probably very likely what's going to happen so we could see it here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom