Disney's Florida Adventure Park

CThaddeus

Considering DCAs core flaw is the fact the real thing is outside the berm...

And if some of the reports are true, it could very well not be California Adventure anymore some time in the future. There have been rumors the name might be changed to go along with all the money they'll be spending to improve the Park. In my opinion, picking just one state for an entire theme park's theme is really too limiting, even a state as varied as California.

Shaman

Here's a fan-created Soarin' over Florida: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x86FXNPNXDc

Um yeah...Pretty boring

Its a nice video. But missing quite a bit...

St. Augustine
St%20Augustine.jpg

The Keys...
ftjefferson1Lg.jpg

Miami (a 360 from the bay would be nice you'll catch downtown Miami and the various buildings on the by and Miami Beach in the distance...these seem a bit dated but...)
miamiSkyline2.jpg

miamiSkyline1.jpg

Now then...I'd prefer a Soarin' over The World for the next version of the attraction (AT EPCOT)...but...

:shrug::lol:

GymLeaderPhil

I'm all for this as long as the hotel connected to the Florida Adventure Park is Yeehaw Junction's Desert Inn and Resturant. It'll be the best resort on property... :lookaroun

Yoop33

Original Poster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x86FXNPNXDc

I thought the Soarin over Florida video was actually very good seeing that is was done with no intentions of the film being for ride purposes. Like Shaman said it might be missing a few things but I still think it could be pulled off rather well. I was very impressed with the view of the shuttle taking off.

As for other ride ideas... They could always demonstrate "Driving BEHIND Mrs Daisy" or bumper to bumper in DT Tampa or "Malfunction Junction". Those would be fun. hehe

cdunbar

They could have a ride that simulates the Florida heat, wait I take that back we can just step outside....:lookaroun

EPCOT.nut

I would love to see a new version of Six Gun Territory. I think with the renewed popularity of westerns and cowboys and 6-guns it would be successful. Hell, even I have a 6-shooter!!! :D

ZaneB

I don't think Florida has enough for an entire park, but a Keys land would be epic :D and it would give them a reason to add an Everglades attraction!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't think Florida has enough for an entire park, but a Keys land would be epic :D and it would give them a reason to add an Everglades attraction!
First , let me apologize for maybe sounding like I'm attacking you, I'm NOT ( also..I'm NOT from Florida, but I've heard this argument before), but how did you even find this thread after five years of dormancy?

Anyway...there is a lot more to Florida than meets the eye and a lot more than just Orlando and it's myopic vision of tourists.

Try exploring some other parts of the state. Try the state parks(especially some of the springs), try canoeing/rafting some of the rivers, there are no prettier beaches than in the panhandle, St Augustine is rich in history. Besides, of the top 50 most populous cities, Florida can claim three.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom