Disney's Florida Adventure Park

alissafalco

I thought the youtube video was ok. It definitely could use some enhancements. I would have liked to have seen some alligators, some palm trees, maybe a scene under water showing the manatees, the art deco district of Miami, and definitely flying over WDW of course. If they jazzed it up a bit i'm sure it could be a really good ride. The spaceship launch was really cool to see.

Bob Saget

Divide the park into three themed sections/"lands" to represent the diverse cultures which make up this beautiful state:
-Retired
-Latino
-Laid Off

(And to you hard-working, awesome Floridians reading this...I kid. It was either that or some sort of Casey Anthony joke. So I took the high road this time).

Cosmic Commando

Like someone said five years ago, it is a really good video considering they just had to grab existing video and throw it together. Also, I think a lot of the time in Soarin' Over California, your attention is on the man-made things: hang gliders, hot air balloon, kayaks/canoes, that skier that falls, the cowboys, the fighter jets, the helicopter and aircraft carrier, etc. Of course a video without any scripted things like those to look at will seem boring by comparison. That being said, I think the original is darn near perfect and I don't know if it will ever be improved upon.

Ignohippo

California Adventure was a hugely flawed concept from the beginning. What people, living or visiting California, want to see a park about California? You can go and see the real thing easy enough, why would you need to shell out $100 for replicas of things when you can go and see the real thing in a short car ride? Eisner & co. bet that they could keep people from visiting those other places (and keep them on property) by bringing those things to DL. They were woefully mistaken.

People go to theme parks to escape reality and to be taken to places they can't see otherwise. The last thing we need is a park about Florida in Florida.

Cosmic Commando

California Adventure was a hugely flawed concept from the beginning. What people, living or visiting California, want to see a park about California? You can go and see the real thing easy enough, why would you need to shell out $100 for replicas of things when you can go and see the real thing in a short car ride? Eisner & co. bet that they could keep people from visiting those other places (and keep them on property) by bringing those things to DL. They were woefully mistaken.

People go to theme parks to escape reality and to be taken to places they can't see otherwise. The last thing we need is a park about Florida in Florida.
If they built the park with the kind of thinking that got us Buena Vista Street instead of Sunshine Plaza, it might've worked. I think the real base problem with DCA 1.0 was that it looked cheap, felt cheap and was 100 yards away from the best theme park in the world.

maryszhi

i could kind of see it , but it would be much larger than dca because you have to remember disney world has a ton more land then Disneyland, which is why they have to be careful with their decisions because space is an issue. but the beauty of a disney's florida adventure park is it could be quite large and have rides from dca just changed to florida theme and then some additions to that. maybe they can even import the cars land...... but that is just something to unlikely happen. all i really want is some more thrill rides. i feel like a ride like california screaming would be just what we need :)

menamechris

Stupidest idea ever. How that idea and concept made it through rounds of high-level meetings and research, I will never understand.

JimboJones123

I'm going to call out your smugness Martin. I would venture to say that 50% of visitors to this site each day are not regulars and stop by once a week or less.

Believe it or not, many Disney fans that come to this site really like discussing "what ifs" and LOVE these types of threads. Just because you spend multiple hours a day here and have seen threads like this come by every few months doesn't mean that every visitor has.

Guess what, YOU DON'T NEED TO READ EVERY TOPIC!

Just like every WDW guest doesn't need to participate in every attraction.

I get tired of the regulars dismissing posts by those that are just truly excited about Disney Magic.

I hope you see this as constructive criticism and can be willing to value other posters instead of getting defensive.

Clearly, since a page of new posts has been added, it is a valuable discussion and should not be "locked."

J03Y

awesome, and we can have a land called Hialeah for those Miami tricks in the hood. woop woop.

jk, but it's a cool idea. you're thinking of ideas for a fifth theme park, which is more than i can say for myself. i've been thinking about this for years and never came up with anything good enough. this is a million times better than my ideas.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm going to call out your smugness Martin. I would venture to say that 50% of visitors to this site each day are not regulars and stop by once a week or less.

Believe it or not, many Disney fans that come to this site really like discussing "what ifs" and LOVE these types of threads. Just because you spend multiple hours a day here and have seen threads like this come by every few months doesn't mean that every visitor has.

Guess what, YOU DON'T NEED TO READ EVERY TOPIC!

Just like every WDW guest doesn't need to participate in every attraction.

I get tired of the regulars dismissing posts by those that are just truly excited about Disney Magic.

I hope you see this as constructive criticism and can be willing to value other posters instead of getting defensive.

Clearly, since a page of new posts has been added, it is a valuable discussion and should not be "locked."
When have I gotten defensive?
Oh. Errrr...

J03Y

First , let me apologize for maybe sounding like I'm attacking you, I'm NOT ( also..I'm NOT from Florida, but I've heard this argument before), but how did you even find this thread after five years of dormancy?

Anyway...there is a lot more to Florida than meets the eye and a lot more than just Orlando and it's myopic vision of tourists.

Try exploring some other parts of the state. Try the state parks(especially some of the springs), try canoeing/rafting some of the rivers, there are no prettier beaches than in the panhandle, St Augustine is rich in history. Besides, of the top 50 most populous cities, Florida can claim three.

i live in Florida and i don't find it THAT fascinating. though, i'm speaking as a resident, not as a tourist :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom