Disney's Florida Adventure Park

Yoop33

Original Poster
So after watching The Travel Channel and seeing their segment on California Adventure Park I was thinking.... Why not a Florida Adventure Park? I mean the guy in the show said there is so much to California that they can have represented in the park.... So why not Florida? There is a ton of stuff in Florida that can be represented.. maybe not as much as California but I can think of some pretty cool ideas for some rides. I can already see a really good roller-coaster creatively called "Alligator-Alley".
Oh the possibilities!!! :lol:

MickeyJman06

So after watching The Travel Channel and seeing their segment on California Adventure Park I was thinking.... Why not a Florida Adventure Park? I mean the guy in the show said there is so much to California that they can have represented in the park.... So why not Florida? There is a ton of stuff in Florida that can be represented.. maybe not as much as California but I can think of some pretty cool ideas for some rides. I can already see a really good roller-coaster creatively called "Alligator-Alley".
i've been thinking about that since 2004:lol:
here's flordia screamin' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA0YcDIc_O8

hack2112

I can already see a really good roller-coaster creatively called "Alligator-Alley".

Alligator Alley: The Ride:
Alligator Alley has just been closed down because of wildfires, but you're still on it! Try to escape the wildfires before they get you! Disney presents the longest ride in history. Time-wise it's 1 and a half hours! Only available at Florida Adventure!

Epcot82Guy

I'd rather see a new concept just because I don't think Florida has as much diversity and broad-based history that California does (nothing against Florida. I prefer it as a state. ha ha). I would rather see an offshoot of another concept or something brand new. I think DisneySky would be cool (various flight-based lands), personally.

Yoop33

Original Poster

Alligator Alley: The Ride:
Alligator Alley has just been closed down because of wildfires, but you're still on it! Try to escape the wildfires before they get you! Disney presents the longest ride in history. Time-wise it's 1 and a half hours! Only available at Florida Adventure!

See what i mean?? Thats a great idea!!! lol Keep them coming!!

hack2112

Wait, i got it. Disney could do an exact replica of... GATORLAND! Of course they'd end up having it sponsored by Crocs... Oh, the irony...

Yoop33

Original Poster
Wait, i got it. Disney could do an exact replica of... GATORLAND! Of course they'd end up having it sponsored by Crocs... Oh, the irony...

Gatorland?? Not familiar but I have a feeling it is something like the scene from "Joe Dirt". Heck why not add Dinoland that we always see on I4?? lol ok not really

Shaman

I'd rather see a new concept just because I don't think Florida has as much diversity and broad-based history that California does (nothing against Florida. I prefer it as a state. ha ha). I would rather see an offshoot of another concept or something brand new. I think DisneySky would be cool (various flight-based lands), personally.

Every place has history...some has just been made to seem more "glamorous" than others...I mean Florida has played a huge role at key moments in American history. :lookaroun

All that being said...in my opinion, the state theme doesn't work. Well...maybe as a water park it COULD. :shrug:

Did you say DisneySky? That concept sounds interesting.

Epcot82Guy

Every place has history...some has just been made to seem more "glamorous" than others...I mean Florida has played a huge role at key moments in American history. :lookaroun

All that being said...in my opinion, the state theme doesn't work. Well...maybe as a water park it COULD. :shrug:

Did you say DisneySky? That concept sounds interesting.

I agree 100%, and I didn't mean for my post to come off that way at all. Every state has wonderful stories to tell. The themeing was my only concern in that I think few states would have enough areas for multiple lands that would have world-wide public appeal (in fact, California might be the only one).

As for DisneySky, that was a thought passed around a few years ago when DisneySea opened. I don't know if it was a fan idea or actually had legs with Disney, but it could be very cool. I remember thinking about it a year ago or so:
Enter into the SkyPort (airport themed) which would have the icon, Sky Tower, a large observation tower that looked over the park and had a large dome looking skyward.
Lands like The Aviary (themed toward birds and their habitats), Buckeye Flatts (classic aviation-themed elements), Base:Orion (space oriented), Forgotten Peaks (the craggy tops of the mountains themed to look like you are above the clouds), Concept Hangar (flying machines that never quite made it). (and, yes, I did a full attraction list. PM if you are Geeking out on this like I do and want more of my ideas. :lol: ). Sadly, most of my ideas utilize aspects of the other WDW parks, so it would make more sense as a second/third gate elsewhere. But, fun to dream. :D

Hobnail Boot

Considering DCAs core flaw is the fact the real thing is outside the berm...
See, I don't think that's the thing. IMO, the key problem with DCA is it's execution. Granted a park based on California in California wasn't the smartest thing, but the park can and, and hopefully with the 1.2 billion dollar budget it's gotten for renovation, will be able to start pulling in the crowds.

TP2000

Considering DCAs core flaw is the fact the real thing is outside the berm...

There is no berm around DCA, that's another one of its flaws. :lol:

I do think it's so sweet that someone would want to create their own Disney's Fill-In-The-State Adventure Park. But after having lived in several Southeast states myself, plus New England, I really don't think you could offer up a whole parks worth of themes and engaging environments from just one of those Eastern states.

And Florida, as perfectly lovely as an American state as it is, just doesn't have enough going for it to create an entire theme park about it.

Someone already said it, but California is about the only state where such a concept could even stand a chance of getting off the ground. Of course, much of DCA's problems were caused by the waning years of Michael Eisner and Paul Pressler and their failed management theories, but that's a whole other thread. With 1.2 Billion in the bank for a fix-it budget, I'm sure DCA will be a much different place in five years time.

California's unprecedentedly rich diversity when it comes to commerce, culture, geography, industry, climate, economy, and people means it is really the only state where a specific Adventure Park has any real chance of resonating in the marketplace. Too bad they cheaped out on it like they did in 2001, but that is being fixed. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom