Rumor Disney's 100th Anniversary

James Alucobond

This is a tough crowd. The only thing that might be well received is updating/restoring SSE.
I would assume whatever this is would be done in time for the actual late-start 100th, so I can’t imagine an extensive refurbishment or attraction would be likely, even though Spaceship Earth, Imagination, and Wonders of Life obviously need help.

Being realistic, I would guess an exhibition of some kind in the Odyssey or a newly opened Communicore Hall. Being completely unrealistic, it would be awesome if they had modified the garden plans slightly to incorporate a centennial fountain or water feature of some kind.

vikescaper

If it is something that would be well-received here, I am going to say that it will be the new background music for World Celebration, World Discovery and World Nature. My guess would then be that the music itself would be modern takes of the original pavilion songs.

JohnD

I see that May is SW-themed. I get it. "May the force be with you!" (May 4 - "May the 4th be with you!"). Will that be anything like the former Star Wars weekends? Probably not. I'm guessing SW themed cupcakes, merchandise, and extra characters roaming around GE.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I see that May is SW-themed. I get it. "May the force be with you!" (May 4 - "May the 4th be with you!"). Will that be anything like the former Star Wars weekends? Probably not. I'm guessing SW themed cupcakes, merchandise, and extra characters roaming around GE.
Star Wars Weekend was monitized into Star Wars Celebration events.

doctornick

I would assume whatever this is would be done in time for the actual late-start 100th, so I can’t imagine an extensive refurbishment or attraction would be likely, even though Spaceship Earth, Imagination, and Wonders of Life obviously need help.

Being realistic, I would guess an exhibition of some kind in the Odyssey or a newly opened Communicore Hall. Being completely unrealistic, it would be awesome if they had modified the garden plans slightly to incorporate a centennial fountain or water feature of some kind.
Maybe a new movie in the Magic Eye theater in Imagination?

Or a new France worthy film in that theater replacing IDF and the sing a long?

note2001

I think the logo looks nice. It’s sleek and sophisticated. Definitely not whimsical, if that’s what people wanted, but not bad.
I wasn't looking for ornate, just something that matched the area. The hard edges of the 100 makes it stick out like a the bones of a new construction project in the middle of an oasis.

Why has Disney been having so much trouble these days understanding the concept of blending in to the area? (See Harmonious barges) They either nail it or go entirely the other direction.

James Alucobond

I wasn't looking for ornate, just something that matched the area. The hard edges of the 100 makes it stick out like a the bones of a new construction project in the middle of an oasis.

Why has Disney been having so much trouble these days understanding the concept of blending in to the area? (See Harmonious barges) They either nail it or go entirely the other direction.
It is a logo. A logo doesn’t change based on where it is displayed. It was not nor could it be designed to contextually fit in every possible location. It’s not even remotely the same situation as the barges.

Twilight_Roxas

I know some don’t like the circle on the castle during the 50th anniversary, but it would be interesting if they did the same thing like Disneyland, and put a circle with the fairy godmother, and 100 on Cinderella’s Castle.

aladdin2007

The people working there now do not have the Disney difference background like they use to have, its all a new generation.
I agree it looks very generic, we just came out of the depressing 50th and now they slap this cold looking thing out front, it doesn't go with the landscaping at all, it might look okay in front the Studios, but pretty sad for Magic Kingdom. Maybe its the color of it, I don't know but it needs something. Is it possible they are not done?

yensid1967

THIS is why I always feel Walt Disney World gets the cheap end of the decor. DL had banners hanging on the train station, we get a white, boring, but sleek "100" No pole banners? no 100 medallions? Nothing like what was a DL! They could have shipped all the decor to WDW!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The 50th room at the Emporium has been replaced with Disney 100

Emporium_Full_51364.jpg

TTA94

Unfortunately I can't say more at the moment, but it has not been announced, and will be well received by people here.

Return of Tapestry of Nations? Lol. Can’t really say if that would be well received around here but that would excite me lol.

Something to do with figment? Maybe return of the rainbow tunnel? A very small thing but many here would definitely go crazy over it.

yensid1967

The 50th room at the Emporium has been replaced with Disney 100

Emporium_Full_51364.jpg
While this is nice, its inside of the Emporium. Not out where gusts can see and celebrate! For all we know, that 100 could be just be the total number of flowers that make up the Mickey floral!? No mention of 100 years of the Disney company, just 100. If guests didn't know what that stand for, they just see an odd 100 above the Mickey floral

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom