Rumor Disney's 100th Anniversary

ToTBellHop

1681300572152.jpeg

James Alucobond

Well, well, well. Their intention of remove 50th medallion is just to swap it with 100th medallion, giving that Main street already decorated with 100th signage. Only time will tell the decoration will come to the castle.
I wouldn’t be opposed to some light decor on the outer walls, but the clock and keep towers should be allowed to stay dressed down for a while.

Brian

Sorry but we are in the age where people attack something that hasn't been completed or even started yet. The movie thread is a great indicator of that.
We're in the age where good show is of little concern to the executive team. I hate that I'm saying this, but back in my day, if a sign such as this wasn't "show ready" by sunrise, it would not be put up.

James Alucobond

We're in the age where good show is of little concern to the executive team. I hate that I'm saying this, but back in my day, if a sign such as this wasn't "show ready" by sunrise, it would not be put up.
In earlier days, these things simply weren’t photographed daily and posted online. Do we really imagine there was never a few days’ gap between landscaping being removed and replaced in the past?

The EPCOT floral mural, for instance, can always be caught in various stages of planning and execution over a few days at the right time of year.

Brian

In earlier days, these things simply weren’t photographed daily and posted online. Do we really imagine there was never a few days’ gap between landscaping being removed and replaced in the past?

The EPCOT floral mural, for instance, can always be caught in various stages of planning and execute toon over a few days at the right time of year.
That's a fair point. There certainly weren't people there with cameras in their pockets posting images in real-time "back in the day." That said, it wouldn't have hurt to coordinate the placement of the sign with the horticulture team so they can do it all the same night (assuming there are landscape enhancements that will appear in the next few days). These are the kinds of things that were considered much more in years past.

ETA: An example of this was when I worked third shift at MK back in the 90s. The paint crew was repainting a lamp post on Main Street, but happened to have used the wrong color green. It was virtually indistinguishable from the other lamp posts once it dried. Only the most eagle-eyed bloggers of today would have been suspicious. The manager had the lamp post removed, as park open was fast approaching, and there wasn't enough time to get the correct paint color brought in, and have it look show ready in time.

Last edited:

Eric Graham

I ended up buying some desk stuff for the 100th anniversary from Shop Disney, and really liked it. Actually, my wife hates it when I go there because she receives an alert on her email that we're looking at items. But, oh well! =)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom