Trip Report Disneymoon 16th Aug till 7th Sep 2013

Hello and Welcome to our Disneymoon trip report, our pre trip report can be found somewhere on here lol.

If you don't have time to read the ptr, here is a little bit about us.

Our names are Dana and Jon, both 25 years old. We got married on Saturday 3rd August 2013, at home in the Uk. Here is a picture of us both on our wedding day. (the sun is out for once, we were being blinded by the sun)

Wedding%20pic.jpg

Since we couldn't get married in Disney, I had to have a Disney Dress :)

This is our second trip to Disney together and was an obvious choice for our Honeymoon as we both had such an amazing time in 2011. We waited 13 days to go to Disney to chill out from the wedding and have a build of excitement again.

We will try and update this every day so please watch this thread and let us know what you think. We hope you enjoy the journey with us.

As promised @figmentfan423 A tag so you didn't miss our report

Dana and Jon X

wishing_upon_a_dstar

Original Poster
Day 1

Friday 16th August 2013
After getting up at 4.30am we left for the airport at 5.30am UK time (0.30am Disney time)
We got to the Airport around 7.30am and checked in. once we had got through security we had a look around the shops until we started to get hungry. We then headed for Jamie’s for some breakfast, we shared pancakes with blueberry compote, an orange juice and a chocolate croissant. It wasn’t long until our flight was called to the gate 57 and before we knew it we were on the plane ready for our 9 hour flight. Neither of us slept on the plane at all, we were far too excited.
We landed at around 15.30 local time and waited to get through security. It only took around and hour and a half this trip which is good in comparison to the last trip. We found our bags and headed straight for the magical express. We got on the coach at around 5.20 and then we were nearly home. It was pouring with rain but Charles Ray our driver (not to be confused with Ray Charles as he said he can’t sing and isn’t blind) got us there in no time . Charles Ray slowed down so Dana could take this ....

DSC04280.jpg

We were Finally at Disney World! We were both very excited

We arrived at Old Key West around 6pm but check in took a while as we had 2 reservations. We got a present from the hotel as we were on our honeymoon of 2 free passes to a park that evening because they knew that was our plan to buy some. We finally got to the room around 7pm after 19hours of travelling. We were in room 3620 which was very near the old turtle pond bus stop.

DSC04281.jpg

This is our room, it was very nice and spacious ......

DSC04283.jpg

DSC04285.jpg

DSC04286.jpg

DSC04287.jpg

We dumped our bags and sorted out the stuff we needed for the park that evening. Down to the bus stop and in almost no time a Magic Kingdom bus arrived so off we went.
IMG_1230.jpg

The rain had almost stopped at this point so we were safe with ponchos in our bag. We both still remembered our way round a bit but got a guide map just for the new section of fantasyland. We went straight in to the Theatre to get out photopass plus exchanged as we pre-purchased it. Once you have it you have got to use it so we got our 1st picture with Cinderella’s castle from the Tomorrowland bridge.

Photo0001FourBySix.jpg

To be continued Tomorrow ......

wishing_upon_a_dstar

Original Poster
Day 1 part 2

Time for our 1st attraction as husband and wife.....

IMG_1233.jpg

Stitch’s Great Escape (Dana’s favourite character). A lot of people don’t like this attraction but we find it a bit of a laugh and its themed really well. After that we thought we would start getting some practice at Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin as we both want to max it out this trip to become a galactic hero. We got our first attraction picture here using out Photopass Plus. (Dana didn't get Galactic hero she doesn't think lol we didn't know till we got home)

Photo0021FourBySix.jpg

As we got off another guest at the park gave us two Fastpass’s for Buzz again so we had another go but were still miles off our target.

IMG_1236.jpg

The crowds were quite busy this night so we went on .......

IMG_1237.jpg

the tea cup’s, Dana decided to spin it as fast as she could in one direction the whole time. I got very dizzy from this and could barely stand after. I desperately needed sugar after that (HEHEHEHE) so we went to my favourite place in Magic Kingdom, Storybook Treats, Yum Strawberry Shortcake Sundae if only I could have one now. (snack 1 of 42 on ddp)

IMG_1239.jpg

After getting our sugar levels set to “Disney Level” we had a metal block and accidently walked on ........

IMG_1240.jpg

“it’s a small world”, oh well there’s some of my life I will never get back but everyone has to do it at some point and well that’s me done for life now Wahoo!!.
We had been give our happily ever after pins at the hotel and we wore them the whole trip while in Disney, we were shocked how many people congratulated us, it really made our trip special, it was from both cast members and also other guests.
Since I had my favourite Disney treat it was time for Dana’s so we found a kiosk where we could get a frozen lemonade to share. As we were so tired and the weather was a little bit iffy we headed out while wishes was on and avoided the crowds, no sooner had we made it to the shelter on the bus when the heavens opened and drenched every guest in the park. Somehow we managed to avoid the rain and just ran back to our room from the bus stop when we got home.

Sorry for the picture quality they were taken while walking with my iPhone.

End of day 1 more tomorrow :) I hope everyone is enjoying our trip report so far.

Thank you for reading

Dana and Jon x

wishing_upon_a_dstar

Original Poster
Day 2
Saturday 17th August 2013

We were woken up abruptly by our alarm, 7am start after a day of travelling, what were we thinking. Magic Kingdom was the plan for the Morning as we only saw a small amount of it the night before. We decided to skip breakfast to make it to the park opening show, the bus stop was empty at 8am when we got there and the bus didn’t take long to arrive, we were threw bag check by 8.35am. We watched the show and followed the crowds in to the park.

DSC_1667.jpg

DSC_1704.jpg

DSC_1703.jpg

We headed over to Frontierland got our fastpasses for Splash Mountain then used the stand-by for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We both love that ride but I managed to lose my “Just Married” pin which Dana had bought especially, so if anyone sees it or knows where you can get one please let us know. After that ride we had to go on again to see if we could see it on the track, sounded like a good idea at the time but obviously we didn’t have any luck. Down hearted we headed over to splash, managed to stay quite dry which was nice as it hadn’t fully warmed up yet that morning. After getting our picture tagged to our photopass plus

Photo0031FourBySix.jpg

we walked round to Adventureland and rode “Pirates of the Caribbean” and “Jungle Cruise” as it was going to shut down during most of our trip. The drop in Pirates took us by surprise as we never remembered that. After the ride we found a photopass photographer outside pirates before heading off to “Tinker bell’s Magical Nook”.

Photo0042FourBySix.jpg

Photo0054FourBySix.jpg

We met Tink and some other fairy who I had no idea who it was (the wind fairy). Tink seemed to be much less grumpy then 2 years ago which was good. We were walking to Fantasy land and on the way we spotted .... Tiana

Photo0060FourBySix.jpg

It was now around 11.30 so we headed off to “Pinocchio’s Village Haus” for an early lunch since we missed dinner the day before and breakfast that morning. We shared a pepperoni flat bread and some bread sticks between us.

IMG_1245.jpg

We already were starting to worry about the dining plan as that was more than enough food for us but only used one credit. We soon found out that this was a bad thing as with the dining plan it was very hard to use up all of the credits. After lunch we went to check out the new areas of the park with a walk up to “Be Our Guest” then on to Ariel’s Grotto.

Photo0072FourBySix.jpg

We then met Gaston .....

Photo0076FourBySix.jpg

Photo0079FourBySix.jpg

followed by “Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid”. Once we had done this we headed back over to the hub to see the Move it Shake it Street Party. We headed back towards the front of the park and got a few pictures on the way and also met Marie.

Photo0099FourBySix.jpg

We then got some Disney Dollars followed by meeting snow white.

DSC_1798.jpg

There was a massive queue for the princess meet and greet so we met Mickey

Photo0117FourBySix.jpg

and got fast passes for the princesses. While we were waiting for our fastpasses we had a look around the shops on main street then headed back to use our fastpasses. Dana met the 3 princesses

Photo0143FourBySix.jpg

Photo0147FourBySix.jpg

Photo0149FourBySix.jpg

Then we headed back home at around 3.30 to chill out for a bit. On our way back we stopped at the general store “Conch Flats” and we bought some breakfast muffins and some butter for breakfast. When we got back to the room we had a card from Mickey and Minnie congratulating us on our honeymoon,how cool.

DSC_1817.jpg

Around 5.40pm we headed down for a bus to downtown Disney as it was raining a bit and we were unsure if the boats would be running given the weather. We had reservations for T-Rex at 7.40 so we headed over to the Marketplace first to have a look around. We had some photos taken at the photo studio at guest relations

Photo0161FourBySix.jpg

wishing_upon_a_dstar

Original Poster
and after finding out that every shop was pretty much the same as the parks we headed over to T-Rex for our reservations.

DSCF0179.jpg

Although the line was huge and it was raining we were seated within 5 minutes which was amazing. We guessed the portions would be big as we have previously eaten at the rainforest café but never here. Big was a massive understatement. Dana had the Triassic Tortellini

DSC_1838.jpg

and I had the Rib and Chicken Combo.

DSC_1839.jpg

for dessert we shared the Doughnut holes. (the picture for these has gone walkies) The food was ok but when the plate was placed in front of you, there was so much food it almost put you off. After the meal we had a wander up to the west side where we caught the boat back to old key west, and went straight to bed.

Day 3 tomorrow,

We hope you enjoy reading .....

Dana and Jon x

ginadee

Hello and Welcome to our Disneymoon trip report, our pre trip report can be found somewhere on here lol.

If you don't have time to read the ptr, here is a little bit about us.

Our names are Dana and Jon, both 25 years old. We got married on Saturday 3rd August 2013, at home in the Uk. Here is a picture of us both on our wedding day. (the sun is out for once, we were being blinded by the sun)

Wedding%20pic.jpg

Since we couldn't get married in Disney, I had to have a Disney Dress :)

This is our second trip to Disney together and was an obvious choice for our Honeymoon as we both had such an amazing time in 2011. We waited 13 days to go to Disney to chill out from the wedding and have a build of excitement again.

We will try and update this every day so please watch this thread and let us know what you think. We hope you enjoy the journey with us.

As promised @figmentfan423 A tag so you didn't miss our report

Dana and Jon X
This is gorgeous

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom