DisneylandForward

SplashJacket

Incidentally, here's what I come up with for available expansion pads and their acreage at DCA, without having to expand beyond the current park boundaries and into "DisneylandForward" property west of Disneyland Drive.

There's four main plots of area that are either completely abandoned (Stage 17, Stage 12, Hyperion Theater, backstage parking, Lion King Tram route, etc.), or are either under-utilized or easily moved/reconfigured (Pixar Pier backstage, MSEP Parade warehouse, backstage administration buildings, etc.) The only thing inside the green shaded areas on this map that is currently an active operating attraction is Monsters Inc. in the Hollywood Backlot, that's the only operating ride you'd potentially lose.

Everything else here in the green shading is unused, abandoned, or temporary backstage areas slated as expansion pads.

View attachment 788081

The Hollywood Backlot area, which leaves Philharmagic, Disney Jr., and Animation as operating attractions, is 9 acres.
The remnants of the Timon Parking Lot south of Mission Breakout is about 7.5 acres.
The MSEP Parade warehouse built next to Cars Land and San Fransokyo is 2 acres.
The backstage area behind Pixar Pier, not including Midway Mania, is 4 acres.
A Coco boat ride at 4 is so long overdue.

MistaDee

STOP THE PRESSES

CoCo is such a fit for DCA theme wise. Having TWO potential dark ride boat rides coming ~ down the flume ~ alongside Avatar would be an incredible development. A Marvel Scoop ride is meh, but this has me fired up.

I've always been partial to the idea of a Mystic Manor style trackless dark ride for the pier since it sort of represents an evolution on the bus bar ride systems that originated in seaside pleasure piers but honestly trackless or boat I would be very happy.

Last edited:

mickEblu

STOP THE PRESSES

CoCo is such a fit for DCA theme wise. Having TWO potential dark ride boat rides coming ~ down the flume ~ alongside Avatar would be an incredible development. A Marvel Scoop ride is meh, but this has me fired up.

I've always been partial to the idea of a Mystic Manor style trackless dark ride for the pier since it sort of represents an evolution on the bus bar ride systems that originated in seaside pleasure piers but honestly trackless or boat I would be very happy.

Agreed on all counts except if I had my way Coco would be a suspended dark ride but I'll gladly take a boat ride. Hope Paradise Gardens survives though. At least the half closest to Goofy's sky school. That's my favorite spot at DCA.

EDIT: Never mind I just checked and #4 is nowhere near Paradise Gardens. Although that area along with Goofy's sky School is often discussed for possible expansion.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Agreed on all counts except if I had my way Coco would be a suspended dark ride but I'll gladly take a boat ride. Hope Paradise Gardens survives though. At least the half closest to Goofy's sky school. That's my favorite spot at DCA.

EDIT: Never mind I see now #4 is nowhere near Paradise Gardens. Although that area along with Goofy's sky School is often discussed for possible expansion.
So are you for or against keeping Sky School?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's not so much that I care about Goofy's Sky School. It's that if they decide to use that space for expansion, I'd imagine Paradise Gardens most likely gets reconfigured. So, yeah I'd probably like to see Goofy stick around.
I've always been fond of wild mouse coasters in general, so would prefer it stay myself.

On a side note, for a long time I called it Ski School and not Sky School. Probably because I associate Goofy more with skiing than flying due to the Art of Skiing from the "How To" series that I was fond of as a kid.

disneylandcm

Sure. That parade float building was never part of DCA's original plan. It was built reluctantly and fast in early 2002 to replace the tents they had been storing the MSEP floats in after they added that parade to DCA in July, 2001 in a huge panic. They built it in a slice of the then-existing Timon Parking Lot.

It doesn't need to be there, especially for a park that hasn't had a true parade since 2017 when Paint The Night left. And based on the Better Together thing they've got running, which is only half a parade, they aren't in any mood to change that. DCA doesn't need two separate parade float warehouses.
That extra parade building is now actively used for the Cars characters and WOC maintenance. Of course, it could still easily be replaced elsewhere. I just thought I’d mention it.

J4546

I could see them demoing the paradise gardens and putting in a real life pizza planet. And then redo the PP in TL as something else, or demo when they redo TL

MistaDee

I'm curious as to what will ultimately happen to this whole area:

1717016826186.png

I think we can agree that Goofy's Sky Skool isn't a great disney caliber attraction and I imagine they'll have to rework this area to facilitate crowd flow through the bridge to the DisneylandForward expansion plots.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

View attachment 788234

I think we can agree that Goofy's Sky Skool isn't a great disney caliber attraction and I imagine they'll have to rework this area to facilitate crowd flow through the bridge to the DisneylandForward expansion plots.
Depends on where exactly the bridge will go I suppose. But most of that area is already the parade route, so its already pretty wide as it is.

mickEblu

View attachment 788234

I think the consensus has been that the path to the bridge to the Simba lot expansion will be located where the parade gates are between Paradise Gardens and Emotional Whirlwind but who knows? I do think they ll be spending so much money and have so much construction going on that they’ll only take on a project like this if it’s absolutely necessary.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disney is made of people. People are fickle. Also plans change. Not to mention the revolving doors of executives at Disney.
I suppose you are correct, plans change and so do the people making them. But at some point we as the fandom have to give up on certain ideas of what we think they should do. So at what point do we as the fandom give up on Disney buying GW and putting a 3rd gate on TSL? Is it only after Disney redevelops TSL to being Hotel/Retail?

mickEblu

I suppose you are correct, plans change and so do the people making them. But at some point we as the fandom have to give up on certain ideas of what we think they should do. So at what point do we as the fandom give up on Disney buying GW and putting a 3rd gate on TSL? Is it only after Disney redevelops TSL to being Hotel/Retail?

But why do we have to give up hoping if we have established it’s possible and plans change?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But why do we have to give up hoping if we have established it’s possible and plans change?
I suppose if one wants to hope that Disney will turn DCA into WestCOT because its possible and plans changes, one certainly could do that. But that doesn't mean its the reality of whats likely to happen. At a certain point one has to accept that certain realities mean our ideas aren't going to happen, no matter how much we hope.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom