DisneylandForward

Advisable Joseph

I thought they were doing site work for the E ticket? Did I just totally hallucinate that?
Why do you say this? A thought: Disney can make improvements that don't count as Qualified ...; they just won't count toward the pledged amount of investment in the agreement.
Oh interesting, I'm not sure what @Advisable Joseph pulled from
Searched the website for the city of Anaheim for "DisneylandForward".

I was looking for example legal language for the upcoming WDW development agreement concerning how "investment" is defined. The investment Disney has pledged may be more significant than we have believed if it is for capacity expansion and maintenance and re-themes are excluded.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Rise, Radiator Springs and Pandora exceeded my expectations and I followed them intimately. Which is not to say I cannot be disappointed. A lot of DCA since, Millennium Falcon, the showboating of Galaxies Edge all let me down. Or Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts Express that absolutely exceeded my expectations, but felt quite let down by Gringotts. Which is one of the very few times I went into a ride unspoiled and was kind of surprised I was way, way more negative than the initial online reception seemed to be.

Shanghai Disneyland also had veritable highs and lows.

Though I do wonder if some of this is a personality subtype. I think some people suffer from let-down regularly about their birthdays or Christmas or whatever because they build it up too much in their brain. I was not really that kid, though maybe I let the hype around Gringotts get the better of me?
I too was let down by Gringotts. lol I slammed my head on the side during the ride. The whole land was amazing but kind or reeked of fish n chips in certain spots.

choco choco

I too was let down by Gringotts. lol I slammed my head on the side during the ride. The whole land was amazing but kind or reeked of fish n chips in certain spots.

Gringotts is one of the worst e-ticket caliber attractions I've ever been on. A complete misfire on almost every level.

I think the new Pan attraction at Fantasy Springs falls into the same category. The ride is literally nothing but onscreen characters coming to deliver university-style lectures to you, and then you exit the gift shop.

mickEblu

Rise, Radiator Springs and Pandora exceeded my expectations and I followed them intimately. Which is not to say I cannot be disappointed. A lot of DCA since, Millennium Falcon, the showboating of Galaxies Edge all let me down. Or Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts Express that absolutely exceeded my expectations, but felt quite let down by Gringotts. Which is one of the very few times I went into a ride unspoiled and was kind of surprised I was way, way more negative than the initial online reception seemed to be.

Shanghai Disneyland also had veritable highs and lows.

Though I do wonder if some of this is a personality subtype. I think some people suffer from let-down regularly about their birthdays or Christmas or whatever because they build it up too much in their brain. I was not really that kid, though maybe I let the hype around Gringotts get the better of me?

I didn’t start visiting the forums until 2013 or so. Started on MC and then found this site in 2014. So RSR and TOT are probably the last true E tickets that I will ever have zero expectations for. Loved TOT on my first ride in 2010 and RSR a few years later. Went to DCA in 2001 when it opened and we thought it was so bad I didn’t go back til 2010.

I’ve never seen a POV of FOP because I figured there was no point but of course my expectations have been set pretty high due to all the rave reviews.

GE was the first big project that I followed along with super closely for years and because of that it fell pretty short of my expectations but it has grown on me. It still has some issues but for me the list has been cut in half. I don’t think that’s all my fault though. Disney did cut a lot of things that were promised. ROTR also fell short ( to a much lesser degree) mostly due to the lack of thrills even though I always acknowledged it was a grand and impressive experience. Falcon I had a feeling wasn’t going to meet my expectations when I first read about the 38 inch height requirement before it opened. It’s probably aged worse than any other ride I can think of.

I think with Avengers Campus and Spider-Man we kind of knew what to expect but Spider-Man still somehow fell short of my low expectations.

MMRR I’d say was the biggest let down. Meaning from where my imagination went when I first read the concept to first seeing the DHS POV. By the time I rode at DL it just met my new expectations based on the POV. Mario Kart too. My imagination went wild when it was first announced.

Even with all the following along of the news, rumors, etc I’d be curious if my perception of some of these rides would have changed had I just not seen a POV. I honestly don’t think it would have for MMRR or Mario Kart or pretty much anything other than ROTR. Which is interesting as it’s obviously the highest quality attraction I’ve mentioned as part of this “experiment.” So maybe in the end if something is truly quality it won’t matter what the rider knows. It certainly doesn’t help but a bad ride is still going to be bad and a good ride is still going to be good. Maybe just a little less good or bad depending on one’s expectations. So I guess yes, to answer my own question we can definitely spoil it for ourselves but ultimately it doesn’t matter after your first impressions have faded away. Of course if you maybe only have an opportunity to ride something one time in your life then yes you may have shot yourself in the foot.

Expectations are an interesting thing though as even one trusted friend saying a movie AMAZING could taint your experience of that movie.

Last edited:

BrianLo

I didn’t start visiting the forums until 2013 or so. Started on MC and then found this site in 2014. So RSR and TOT are probably the last true E tickets that I will ever have zero expectations for. Loved TOT on my first ride in 2010 and RSR a few years later. Went to DCA in 2001 when it opened and we thought it was so bad I didn’t go back til 2010.

I’ve never seen a POV of FOP because I figured there was no point but of course my expectations have been set pretty high due to all the rave reviews.

GE was the first big project that I followed along with super closely for years and because of that it fell pretty short of my expectations but it has grown on me. It still has some issues but for me the list has been cut in half. I don’t think that’s all my fault though. Disney did cut a lot of things that were promised. ROTR also fell short ( to a much lesser degree) mostly due to the lack of thrills even though I always acknowledged it was a grand and impressive experience. Falcon I had a feeling wasn’t going to meet my expectations when I first read about the 38 inch height requirement before it opened. It’s probably aged worse than any other ride I can think of.

I think with Avengers Campus and Spider-Man we kind of knew what to expect but Spider-Man still somehow fell short of my low expectations.

MMRR I’d say was the biggest let down. Meaning from where my imagination went when I first read the concept to first seeing the DHS POV. By the time I rode at DL it just met my new expectations based on the POV. Mario Kart too. My imagination went wild when it was first announced.

Even with all the following along of the news, rumors, etc I’d be curious if my perception of some of these rides would have changed had I just not seen a POV. I honestly don’t think it would have for MMRR or Mario Kart or pretty much anything other than ROTR. Which is interesting as it’s obviously the highest quality attraction I’ve mentioned as part of this “experiment.” So maybe in the end if something is truly quality it won’t matter what the rider knows. It certainly doesn’t help but a bad ride is still going to be bad and a good ride is still going to be good. Maybe just a little less good or bad depending on one’s expectations. So I guess yes, to answer my own question we can definitely spoil it for ourselves but ultimately it doesn’t matter after your first impressions have faded away. Of course if you maybe only have an opportunity to ride something one time in your life then yes you may have shot yourself in the foot.

Expectations are an interesting thing though as even one trusted friend saying a movie AMAZING could taint your experience of that movie.

Probably my expectancy gets reset to everyone else’s reactions at a certain point as I don’t participate in the POV’s.

I actually like Spider-Man oddly enough. But I think I just generally like those game rides more than others. I also always knew it was a game ride from the get go, perhaps the “this isn’t what it should be” is too far removed? But the initial reactions here were of extreme disappointment and it’s better than reviewed for me.

Mario kart is still to be tested. Now that’s a case of having followed and always expected it to be more than it is. So maybe I’ll be both disappointed and pleasantly surprised? As in maybe it’s good for what it is, but it isn’t what it should be? Stay tuned.

I’ll probably love all the new Tokyo stuff since the reactions to those have been so muted. I’ll also probably think VillainsCon is a turd. 😂

Ismael Flores

I'm curious as to what will ultimately happen to this whole area:

View attachment 788234

I think we can agree that Goofy's Sky Skool isn't a great disney caliber attraction and I imagine they'll have to rework this area to facilitate crowd flow through the bridge to the DisneylandForward expansion plots.
at one point during the DCA redevelopment WDI came up with a very clever idea for this whole location. It was a shame that they did not go with it. The whole northern area where goofy sky school is and Mermaid was suppose to be made to look like the seaside cliffs of Santa Monica. The Pier theme would have stayed within the Pier area.

The idea had goofy sky school area replaced with a cloned version of Crush coaster. The facade would not have had any of the blue fake looking rock work but instead have a natural rock work facade with flowing water that actually traveled thru a stream and connected to the bay. The mermaid area would have looked very much like the one built in Florida.

The viewing area for WOC would have still been there but the boardwalk feel enhanced, the eastern side of the area would have had a lower level that filled in the wasted space between the viewing area and bridge. This area would have been themed to look like tidal pools and integrated into it a water play area instead of the one that is now never used.

The parade route would have been slightly re-aligned to widen that northern area a little bit more. The coastline around the zephyr would have also been themed to a more natural rocky coastline.

I think this area still has a lot of potential at one point I measured out the whole area on the western side and found that it is actually about the size of New Orleans square minus the main pirates show building passed the berm.

without removing the mermaid ride I think that with some adjustments they can fix that North west corner of the park and add a much needed family ride. They can even re-use the crush coaster idea and maybe even theme it to a more recent movie that fits the sea theme, for fun let's say LUCAS. The eating area can easily get a slight theme adjustment so that it has an Italian garden and they already sell pasta and pizza.

remove the old burger invasion building and everything north of the walkway, I marked in red in the attached picture. Remove the whole northern corn dog castle and seaside shop and add a tall themed building with queue. This would add not only a new ride but would also finally fix the terrible Siteline issues in that corner.
if they need more room remove the jumping jelly fish and re-align the parade route which would push it up against the zephyr on the west side.

if parade route re-alignment is not needed then still relocate the jumping jellyfish. the small attraction takes up little room and can easily be retimed and moved to the area I marked 2 inside the grizzly play area. It could be themed to parachutes and fire jumpers.
The existing jumping jellyfish area along with the useless sand beach area can then become home to a new beached theme two story bar and eatery. They can set it up so that in the evenings there is a minimum purchase required to sit and people can enjoy the water show even if the projection viewing is bad on that side.

new dark ride.jpeg

Advisable Joseph

example legal language for the upcoming WDW development agreement concerning how "investment" is defined. The investment Disney has pledged may be more significant than we have believed if it is for capacity expansion and maintenance and re-themes are excluded.
No, the WDW agreement's definition is more general:

Disney: Yeah that includes “investment in existing infrastructure, new construction, and technology investment.”

View attachment 789382

mickEblu

That’s the second best ride at Universal after Velocicoaster. God it’s going to be depressing going back to USH next month.

I’m probably going to go to WDW in the next 2-3 years for the first time and I’m wondering how the heck I’m going to do all 4 WDW parks, 3 Universals parks and leave some downtime so it at least kind of feels like a vacation. Sounds like 10 days would be the bare minimum but it also sounds like a lot. The wife and I feel wrecked after one day at Disneyland sometimes with the kids. I can only imagine 8 out of 10 days at theme parks. Somethings gotta give.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m probably going to go to WDW in the next 2-3 years for the first time and I’m wondering how the heck I’m going to do all 4 WDW parks, 3 Universals parks and leave some downtime so it at least kind of feels like a vacation. Sounds like 10 days would be the bare minimum but it also sounds like a lot. The wife and I feel wrecked after one day at Disneyland sometimes with the kids. I can only imagine 8 out of 10 days at theme parks. Somethings gotta give.
I'm right there with you. I can't imagine non-stop going from park-to-park standing all day for 7 or more days. Its just too much. I'm done after 2-3 days at DLR.

mickEblu

I'm right there with you. I can't imagine non-stop going from park-to-park standing all day for 7 or more days. Its just too much. I'm done after 2-3 days at DLR.

Yeah it sounds crazy. I guess the obvious answer is cutting out Universal but its hard to imagine going to Orlando and not doing Hagrid's, going to the newest park or seeing Dragon Alley.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
TBA took all the wind out of my sails. How many projects in a row can disappoint until speculating about possibilities becomes no fun?
I understand its a bummer for some after recent projects. But my point is that it seems like some expected announcements and shovels hitting the grounds day one after Disney was eligible with DisneylandForward. I honestly wasn't expecting much of anything before D23 myself. I'd be surprised if they announced anything before then. And if so it would really only be the start of the EGW, but even that I don't expect until D23.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom