DisneylandForward

TP2000

Seeing what they just came up with for Tiana's Bayou Adventure, I'd be thrilled if Josh D'Amaro and his team take all the time they want with this DisneylandForward project. Hell, send 'em on three years of Immersion Trips, just to start.

That way, there's a better chance that D'Amaro and the current execs will be fired by '27, and a new group will be installed who will return WDI creatives and the Parks executives to the standards and values that made the parks so great in the first place for the first 50 years; showmanship, hospitality, professionalism, and respect for the guest.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney makes its profits off selling the disposables…not by the gates or the hotel rooms.

Obviously those are “gateways” to the easy profits…

There is a reason why the “model” works…that’s the reason

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Seeing what they just came up with for Tiana's Bayou Adventure, I'd be thrilled if Josh D'Amaro and his team take all the time they want with this DisneylandForward project. Hell, send 'em on three years of Immersion Trips, just to start.

That way, there's a better chance that D'Amaro and the current execs will be fired by '27, and a new group will be installed who will return WDI creatives and the Parks executives to the standards and values that made the parks so great in the first place for the first 50 years; showmanship, hospitality, professionalism, and respect for the guest.
The decks of the management ship need to be swept with grapeshot at this point…

I have begun to make the case this is the worst Disney management group by talent and vision in its history…
…prepare to get annoyed by this 🤪

MistaDee

The decks of the management ship need to be swept with grapeshot at this point…

I have begun to make the case this is the worst Disney management group by talent and vision in its history…
…prepare to get annoyed by this 🤪

I absolutely get where you're coming from but the brain trust around the Paul Pressler era: DCA 1.0, Disney Studios Paris, and Hong Kong 1.0 still goes down as the all time worst in my book.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I absolutely get where you're coming from but the brain trust around the Paul Pressler era: DCA 1.0, Disney Studios Paris, and Hong Kong 1.0 still goes down as the all time worst in my book.
That’s the “gold standard”

But some of that was forced and they did not have the same financial means at the time

Now seems to be a lot of unforced errors

A couple of recent openings between Orlando and the Bahamas appear to be inexplicably bad.

That’s management

MistaDee

That’s the “gold standard”

But some of that was forced and they did not have the same financial means at the time

Now seems to be a lot of unforced errors

A couple of recent openings between Orlando and the Bahamas appear to be inexplicably bad.

That’s management

Don't disagree the current regime seems to have tons of unforced errors, I just think that recency bias tends to rule the day. Disney chose to cheap out with DCA/Studios - that was a management too, they were just overcorrecting from the EuroDisney disaster which was even more management failures.

All said, I'll take what we've got now over the Pressler/late Eisner era - even if they are still fumbling. Would love to see Tom Staggs and some of the brain trust from the DCA 2.0 management decision-makers make a return.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don't disagree the current regime seems to have tons of unforced errors, I just think that recency bias tends to rule the day. Disney chose to cheap out with DCA/Studios - that was a management too, they were just overcorrecting from the EuroDisney disaster which was even more management failures.

All said, I'll take what we've got now over the Pressler/late Eisner era - even if they are still fumbling. Would love to see Tom Staggs and some of the brain trust from the DCA 2.0 management decision-makers make a return.
China was a bad idea for the wrong reasons…bob duplicate that

DCA was trying to fit more than they had room for and then Cheaping out…no excuses for that

Paris was a disaster that had them obligated to build a second park or face huge penalties…the place was close to going under as is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom