DisneylandForward

mickEblu

Ehhh no different from taking the Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and cloning it in Florida and Tokyo to Toy Story and Big Hero 6. But that's on a much smaller scale, yes, but I think the point still stands that they could do it. The ride in Florida is made up of screens primarily, therefore making it easy to switch out to another IP if needed, maybe when Guardians is outdated eventually.

Of course they could do it. When you are in our position hoping they change their plans the fact that they can't just straight up clone Cosmic Rewind hurts us more than helps us. But to your point it helps that most of the stuff that would need to be changed is on screen.

TheRealSkull

Of course they could do it. When you are in our position hoping they change their plans the fact that they can't just straight up clone Cosmic Rewind hurts us more than helps us. But to your point it helps that must of the stuff that would need to be changed is on screen.
Also, they could probably build it within four years, hopefully three, considering they already have built one and no pandemic delays. They won't even need to gut the interior of an existing ride. They can immediately start from the ground up, which is awesome.

mickEblu

Also, they could probably build it within four years, hopefully three, considering they already have built one and no pandemic delays. They won't even need to gut the interior of an existing ride. They can immediately start from the ground up, which is awesome.

True. Also if they keep all the Avengers with their masks and helmets on and find some good voice actors the changes don’t need to be an expensive undertaking.

TheRealSkull

True. Also if they keep all the Avengers with their masks and helmets on and find some good voice actors the changes don’t need to be an expensive undertaking.
And it would be a great addition for the 75th anniversary celebration of Disneyland. Though if Avatar makes its way to the Simba lot, assuming both open by 2030, that's a lot of attention at DCA for Walt's original park's 75th anniversary.

mickEblu

And it would be a great addition for the 75th anniversary celebration of Disneyland. Though if Avatar makes its way to the Simba lot, assuming both open by 2030, that's a lot of attention at DCA for Walt's original park's 75th anniversary.

I mean that’s just the way the cookie will have to crumble. DCA needs the attractions way more. I think one of the two needs to be open by the 2028 Olympics.

TheRealSkull

I mean that’s just the way the cookie will have to crumble. DCA needs the attractions way more. I think one of the two needs to be open by the 2028 Olympics.
Likely the Avengers ride then. Man, I hope that's enough time and they won't put in another trackless dark ride in there to open it in time for the Olympics. It might be just me, but I'm very much over the trackless craze.

TheRealSkull

It’s not just you. I’d be fine if DL Forward didn’t get one solitary trackless ride.
That's good to know. Hopefully we get some B and C tickets in these expansions, because not everything needs to be a "big box E ticket attraction." While I was just advocating for Cosmic Rewind to be built in DCA, that's because that park needs a couple more anchor attractions, but do not forget the charm a B, C, or even D ticket can bring to the table.

mickEblu

That's good to know. Hopefully we get some B and C tickets in these expansions, because not everything needs to be a "big box E ticket attraction." While I was just advocating for Cosmic Rewind to be built in DCA, that's because that park needs a couple more anchor attractions, but do not forget the charm a B, C, or even D ticket can bring to the table.

True although modern Disneys B and C tickets aren’t that charming and DCA already has a ton of flat rides. I think the focus just has to be quality, family friendly attractions.

TheRealSkull

For DCA.

As for the whole resort I’d love to see at least two more coasters. Avengers Cosmic Rewind and a Endor Speederbike coaster and I’d be pretty happy.
I assume you are thinking Endor Speederbike coaster using the Tron ride system? Also, wasn't it rumored (not speculated) that Disneyland would be receiving at least the ride system somewhere for DL Forward? Or was that just another example pitch for the City of Anaheim?

mickEblu

I assume you are thinking Endor Speederbike coaster using the Tron ride system? Also, wasn't it rumored (not speculated) that Disneyland would be receiving at least the ride system somewhere for DL Forward? Or was that just another example pitch for the City of Anaheim?

Yes Tron or Hagrids. If GE/ ROTR was the Potter Swatter (it wasnt) they now need the Hagrid Bagger. And the Endor Ewok coaster would be just that.

No, I think the last time the ride system was mentioned for DLR was with the Captain America coaster that eventually became Avengers Soarin 2.0 which eventually became the current Avengers scoop ride which will eventually become West Coast Cosmic Rewind. I’m going to continue to manifest what I want at DCA. Haha. It might have worked for the backlot.

TheRealSkull

One major problem with the Avengers Scoop ride is that Mission Breakout would still be perceived to be the lands headliner.
Again, a lot of time has passed since the scoop ride announcement. Chapek was still CEO, so a lot has probably changed considering no ground has been broken yet. D23 better blow everyone out of the water because we are sick of the Blue Sky crap. Time for some concrete announcements and this time there is no excuse.

mickEblu

Again, a lot of time has passed since the scoop ride announcement. Chapek was still CEO, so a lot has probably changed considering no ground has been broken yet. D23 better blow everyone out of the water because we are sick of the Blue Sky crap. Time for some concrete announcements and this time there is no excuse.

True but it’s the last thing we’ve seen and the only rumors we have from insiders. Hopefully things have changed. For whatever reason I have some hope. Not sure why.

TheRealSkull

True but it’s the last thing we’ve seen and the only rumors we have from insiders. Hopefully things have changed. For whatever reason I have some hope. Not sure why.
I have hope considering the parks panel is supposed to be filled with huge annoucements this year, and I am hoping it goes beyond the extent of confirming existing rumors.

TP2000

That's in 4 years. If they want to have something for the '28 Olympics, the bulldozers need to arrive this October for the new fiscal year.

Much like downtown LA and its currently graffiti-coated and tent-riddled state, or the non-existent OCVibe construction for the Honda Center events, I'm doubtful that the '28 Olympics will see much change or "new stuff" show up at Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom