DisneylandForward

waltography

Honestly, the way this was "unveiled", people are gonna be expecting a third gate at Disneyland. It should have been made clear that this is a proposal, nothing more.
I place the blame on the ravenous theme park blogs for this one - all the materials DisneylandForward's released has been clear it's all just proposed.

Can't help but notice the proposed attractions feature a lot of clones.
Someone mentioned this on the other thread but it really seems like they just threw together the concept art they had now just to present something, which makes sense. I'd hope a future proposal would have more concrete, original development.

DavidNoble

Honestly, the way this was "unveiled", people are gonna be expecting a third gate at Disneyland. It should have been made clear that this is a proposal, nothing more.

Agreed. Especially because it looks like it’s just expansions, not a third gate in the true sense.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Wow! The Disneyland Resort needs updating and expansion so desperately that at the moment I'm just thrilled anything is happening at all. Perhaps I'll be more critical after some reflection.

So glad they're (at least considering) expanding DCA. It needs it. Bummed they're not bulldozing the Paradiser Pier hotel eyesore.

yensidtlaw1969

I would think it's very unlikely that this art represents any meaningul proposal of an attraction menu - it likely just features some existing attractions for the purpose of making the layout look specific and considered without giving real meaning to what's been featured. Don't read too much into it.

Anyone else bothered by the way everyone seems to be reporting this as a "Third Park" when it all makes very clear that this is meant to be expansion areas for Disneyland and DCA?

fgmnt

it's a proposal designed to build interest for public support. "wouldn't it be nice if you could get a frozen ride? tell you city council person to let us do whatever we want on this land and it might happen!"

Even if it makes the final plan, any attraction opening before, say, 2028, would be highly ambitious... to a point of uncharacteristic. A lot can change in a few years, as we all know by now.

Notes from Neverland

Which ones? Admittedly I don't pay a ton of attention to WDW or the overseas parks these days. I'll guess that maybe that's the Tokyo Peter Pan attraction across the road from Pixar Pier?
Most. All of the ones listed for DCA (Zootopia = Shanghai, TRON = WDW & Shanghai, Toy Story Land = WDW) and some of those for Disneyland. But, it's very possible these are placeholders used to get the point across to local government.

mickEblu

Sounds great!! Stop messing with Disneyland proper and build these new attractions everywhere else at DLR. Win Win.

It looks like they may be doing something similar to the idea I posted a couple weeks ago except they want to do it in the Toy Story lot and not the Simba lot

Instead of answering with what I would WANT in the Simba Lot I’m going to be a little more realistic and pick from possible options that they would actually consider in the Simba Lot based on the IP they own and what they have built at parks around the world.

4. Mini World Show case or similar concept where locals can come spend money on food and alcohol. With a much smaller body of water or perhaps elaborate fountain in the middle. Think an outdoor Caruso designed mall meets World Showcase. Perhaps one or two rides as anchors. Or perhaps no rides at all. Depends on what the new ticket, pass system will be in the future.

In the Simba lot it looks like they have Neverland and rest of Fantasy Springs that they’re building at TDS which sounds great to me. I’ll take Pandora/ FOP Over Zootopia though. I’ll also pass on Toy Story land. Tron not being shoehorned into TL and anchoring some futuristic outdoor TL- like shopping town sounds much better.

Obviously this is all blue sky but I like the majority of what they presented.

yensidtlaw1969

Most. All of the ones listed for DCA (Zootopia = Shanghai, TRON = WDW & Shanghai, Toy Story Land = WDW) and some of those for Disneyland. But, it's very possible these are placeholders used to get the point across to local government.
That's basically what they are. "Look at all the shiny new toys your friends have, wouldn't you like some of your very own?"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A new kind of experience?...

Sorry in advance for bringing up an older thread but I thought some of you might be interested in this question I got today on a survey. Honestly I’m not even sure what all of these are but it looked like some are similar to an escape room so I figured this was the best place to share it. View attachment 538090

BodaBorg is like an escape room, only, there's nothing to escape from. You just go from challenge to challenge (questing) to finish a story arc.

Pokemon Go is a phone app game that is played by visiting real world locations to 'catch' and 'train' and 'battle' pocket monsters.

Meow Wolf is like a giant art exhibit but with secret passages and rooms that may be telling a larger story. They have a giant warehouse that seems to be a supermarket, but has so much more to explore. Another space is about Area 51 and aliens.

Camp is like Summer Camp for families where you can choose to do art projects or cooking other activities together.

TeamLab Borderless is about giant interactive art installations.

Of these, BodaBorg is most like the possible "escape room" like idea of this thread.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I would think it's very unlikely that this art represents any meaningul proposal of an attraction menu - it likely just features some existing attractions for the purpose of making the layout look specific and considered without giving real meaning to what's been featured. Don't read too much into it.
This. It’s like the Universal Studios Beijing Master Plan that shows the second theme park which is just a mirrored version of Universal Studios Florida. This is existing art (from Tokyo DisneySEA, which is quite brazen given the history of that park) and images paired with a plan that likely has very little in the way of programming behind it.

PizzaPlanet

Man I hope those park expansions are just placeholders. Both parks would just be adding randomly assorted IPs for no reason other than the fact that they are important brands for the company. No grand overarching plan that enhances the theme of either park. I try to be optimistic but something about those ideas just feels so corporate and soulless. Like I should be excited about the potential but I'm not.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Man I hope those park expansions are just placeholders. Both parks would just be adding randomly assorted IPs for no reason other than the fact that they are important brands for the company. No grand overarching plan that enhances the theme of either park. I try to be optimistic but something about those ideas just feels so corporate and soulless. Like I should be excited about the potential but I'm not.
DL's expansion would seem to be New Fantasy Land.

DCA's expansion would continue to be a hodgepodge and ideally trigger a new name for DCA.

mickEblu

What kind of over arching plan can they do with these “small” parcels of land especially considering their location? With the Toy Story lot I agree they can be more ambitious. But with the Stitch and Simba lots? I’m just happy to not hear a Star Wars hotel or more Star Wars/ Marvel.

A west coast world showcase would be a welcome addition to DLR if that’s the direction they go with the Toy Story lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom