DisneylandForward

shambolicdefending

So? You are saying that the whole company shut down and was unable to move forward any business at all? Whats your source on that?
I only know what I've heard and read like everybody else. I was asking what yours were because I'm open to new information that I hadn't come across before.

But it sounds like you don't actually have any either, so I will process your views on it accordingly.

lazyboy97o

If it was about parking, it never would've been a project to begin with. There are other places Disney could've built parking years ago with a lot less headache.
But it was sold as parking. Then we had the claim that it was needed years ago due to an imminent threat security had to address. Now it’s expansion for the Olympics. The story keeps changing for why a lousy design must happen when they could just put forward a better plan that would not need to be rammed through.

mickEblu

Once again, the 2028 Olympics are a big deal for the resort area. Not just for people coming to the Honda Center and Angel Stadium to watch games, but to have visitors choose Anaheim to stay and then using trains and other transit options, attend the games at many venues.

So the Bridge, security, and opening the land and expanding the parks, probably DCA, is the key, and to get it done by 2028, things have to start moving, and that is the Goal for Disneyland Forward.

And yes, S.O.A.R. is an important part of the plan.

Probably DCA? Interesting. This is the first I hear that a possible Disneyland expansion is being considered. Of course, it makes much more sense to expand DCA.

Last edited:

flutas

Original Poster
Disney was asked to wait by members of the city council while they were trying to get the Angel Stadium deal done, and to get the Anaheim First program passed

Funny you mention the Angel Stadium Deal.

As previously discovered in this thread, a few websites were registered last year. I did some more digging on those websites over the weekend...

Those websites were all registered by "Hyphen8tion Studios". They seem to use an alternate domain of "alexandarbryan.com" for their current development work, which redirects to their studio page.

This can be seen by the following URL resolving (but erroring out). http://disneyforward.alexandarbryan.com/. For an example of "just any" domain resolving like that try this http://wdwmagic.alexandarbryan.com/

The studio does have a connection to the City of Anaheim as seen here.

But they ALSO have a connection to the angel stadium project angelsstadiumplan.alexandarbryan.com

If you modify that URL to simply be angelsstadiumplan.org it redirects to the current public Angels Stadium Development plan.

So in essence, it seems like this plan may be more city driven than Disney driven based on these connections. I guess that only time will tell on which party leads and which is led.

VJ

As previously discovered in this thread, a few websites were registered last year. I did some more digging on those websites over the weekend...

Those websites were all registered by "Hyphen8tion Studios". They seem to use an alternate domain of "alexandarbryan.com" for their current development work, which redirects to their studio page.

This can be seen by the following URL resolving (but erroring out). http://disneyforward.alexandarbryan.com/. For an example of "just any" domain resolving like that try this http://wdwmagic.alexandarbryan.com/

But they ALSO have a connection to the angel stadium project angelsstadiumplan.alexandarbryan.com

If you modify that URL to simply be angelsstadiumplan.org it redirects to the current public Angels Stadium Development plan.

So in essence, it seems like this plan may be more city driven than Disney driven based on these connections. I guess that only time will tell on which party leads and which is led.
whoah, nice sleuthing!

TP2000

Impressive work! 🧐

Hyphen8tion Studios is a hip firm that does graphic design work. They have been contracted by Anaheim to "brand" much of Anaheim's public-facing communication and messaging so it looks cohesive and professional.

Which makes sense since Anaheim is a relatively wealthy city (thanks the Resort District taxes any city in America would KILL for!), and with the largest convention center on the west coast, plus two major pro sports teams, and a little thing called Disneyland, a wealthy hospitality-heavy city like Anaheim would want to have a cohesive public brand.

I think this all points to a major sea change, and a long overdue one, for the relationship between Anaheim and Disney, plus Anaheim's other big players in Arte Moreno (Angel Stadium) and Henry Samueli (Honda Center, OCVibe).

I don't find anything nefarious in Anaheim leading the charge and trying to get all those major players to cooperate and look at the Resort District and adjacent Platinum Triangle as a big picture on a 10 year timetable. Government and private industry working together with common respect can lead to incredible things.

What can't happen is for things to go back to the Mayor Tait and Michael Colglazier era; when you had a rather obstinate and grumpy mayor dealing with a rather douchey and snobby TDA President. Long term damage to a 60 year old relationship was done by those two men, forward development ground to a halt, and it took Josh Damaro and a fresh political cast in Anaheim to even start to undo the previous damage. And they are still working on it, but things have gotten better. That new tone and cooperative attitude simply must continue, regardless of who keeps the TDA President's seat warm for a year or three.

Considering a Mayor can't be there for more than 8 years, and a Disneyland President averages 3 or 4 years at best, it was a silly and very short-sighted strategy for those two men to try and outdo each other on who was more stubborn and short-sighted.

And where are those two dorks now?! Tait is back to part-time lawyering and full-time grumpiness, and Colglazier is working for Virgin Galactic trying to pretend he knows how to prevent paying passengers from becoming charcoal briquets upon re-entry. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DavidNoble

Impressive work! 🧐

Hyphen8tion Studios is a hip firm that does graphic design work. They have been contracted by Anaheim to "brand" much of Anaheim's public-facing communication and messaging so it looks cohesive and professional.

Which makes sense since Anaheim is a relatively wealthy city (thanks the Resort District taxes any city in America would KILL for!), and with the largest convention center on the west coast, plus two major pro sports teams, and a little thing called Disneyland, a wealthy hospitality-heavy city like Anaheim would want to have a cohesive public brand.

I think this all points to a major sea change, and a long overdue one, for the relationship between Anaheim and Disney, plus Anaheim's other big players in Arte Moreno (Angel Stadium) and Henry Samueli (Honda Center, OCVibe).

I don't find anything nefarious in Anaheim leading the charge and trying to get all those major players to cooperate and look at the Resort District and adjacent Platinum Triangle as a big picture on a 10 year timetable. Government and private industry working together with common respect can lead to incredible things.

What can't happen is for things to go back to the Mayor Tait and Michael Colglazier era; when you had a rather obstinate and grumpy mayor dealing with a rather douchey and snobby TDA President. Long term damage to a 60 year old relationship was done by those two men, forward development ground to a halt, and it took Josh Damaro and a fresh political cast in Anaheim to even start to undo the previous damage. And they are still working on it, but things have gotten better. That new tone and cooperative attitude simply must continue, regardless of who keeps the TDA President's seat warm for a year or three.

Considering a Mayor can't be there for more than 8 years, and a Disneyland President averages 3 or 4 years at best, it was a silly and very short-sighted strategy for those two men to try and outdo each other on who was more stubborn and short-sighted.

And where are those two dorks now?! Tait is back to part-time lawyering and full-time grumpiness, and Colglazier is working for Virgin Galactic trying to pretend he knows how to prevent paying passengers from becoming charcoal briquets upon re-entry. :rolleyes:

What's the going rate for being a full-time grump?

And doesn't a CEO hire people to make sure that people don't become charcoal briquets upon re-entry? I don't think anyone hired him because of his literal rocket science brain ;)

TP2000

What's the going rate for being a full-time grump?

If you have previous mayoral experience and a decent client base on retainers? In Orange County? 225K. Maybe 275K.

And doesn't a CEO hire people to make sure that people don't become charcoal briquets upon re-entry? I don't think anyone hired him because of his literal rocket science brain ;)

True, Colglazier already proved he wasn't a rocket scientist when he blew up the 60 year old relationship between Disneyland and Anaheim. Even a rocket scientist who only does well with numbers could have handled that one better.

But when the first space tourists turn into charcoal briquets upon re-entry (and after their check clears), Virgin Galactic won't push out in front of the cameras the 28 year old engineer from Sri Lanka who designed the heat shield. They'll need a top exec like Colglazier to say something in a prepared statement, so that Sir Richard can save face. Colglazier is Sir Richard's personal heat shield.

Last edited:

DavidNoble

If you have previous mayoral experience and a decent client base on retainers? In Orange County? 225K. Maybe 275K.

True, Colglazier already proved he wasn't a rocket scientist when he blew up the 60 year old relationship between Disneyland and Anaheim. Even a rocket scientist who only does well with numbers could have handled that one better.

But when the first space tourists turn into charcoal briquets upon re-entry (and after their check clears), Virgin Galactic won't push out in front of the cameras the 28 year old engineer from Sri Lanka who designed the heat shield. They'll need a top exec like Colglazier to say something in a prepared statement, so that Sir Richard can save face. Colglazier is Sir Richard's personal heat shield.

Welp, I know what my next job in life will be ;)

And yeah, Colglazier is the face of the company. The buck stops with him at the end of the day. He's just not the one building or designing the heat shield :p

Disney Analyst

This image on the Mice Chat article does give some interesting insight into what may be pictured in that concept art. All very early stuff.

DisneylandForward-General-Overview.jpeg

ETA: MousePlanet has a better zoom in of the above image in their article:

VJ

Honestly, the way this was "unveiled", people are gonna be expecting a third gate at Disneyland. It should have been made clear that this is a proposal, nothing more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom