News Disneyland Working on Future Master Plan- includes Theme Park Expansions, Retail/Entertainment Space, and More!

britain

Matterhorn Rebuilt?

215D8CA7-414C-496F-8446-870DC5E95E16.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hahaha... no.
Why do you think they had a Wakanda mini-land artist sketch hanging around to drop into this blue sky?

Since some of you were wondering what is on the table and what isn't, here's the latest update from a friend. Take it with a grain of salt, but this particular source has been mostly accurate in the past.

Status of Active Projects

Epcot:

Guardians - No changes, timeline delayed by 5 months
Poppins - Cancelled
Space Restaurant - Interior 99% Complete, waiting for staffing and approvals, 3rd party
Play - Value Engineered - timeline delayed by 5 months
Event Platform Space and Biergarden - Cancelled, but replacement project in works. No timeline.
Wakanda - Indefinitely Delayed, then talked about again recently. Not sure on status now
Brazil - Indefinitely Delayed
Coco- Value Engineered, timeline delayed - unknown ETA
Moana - Major changes planned
Mouse Gear - timeline delayed by 4 months
Central Plaza - timeline accelerated by 1 month
Entrance Plaza - LOOK, PYLONS!
SSE - Infinitely Delayed
Ratatouille - No changes, timeline delayed by 8 months

Hope that helps. If anyone can confirm or deny anything on this list, or if you just want to talk about what these projects are, PM me.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I doubt the images for the expansion represent the actual concept art of what is supposed to be in the lands. more like " here is the space we intend to use and how it would look like." i think the context of what will be in the expansion is still up in the air so don't try to go all detective like on the images. its a waste of time to do so at this stage.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Original Poster
I doubt the images for the expansion represent the actual concept art of what is supposed to be in the lands. more like " here is the space we intend to use and how it would look like." i think the context of what will be in the expansion is still up in the air so don't try to go all detective like on the images. its a waste of time to do so at this stage.
^^^

lazyboy97o

How is it being done? Grand California works because it’s not very tall and was built to match Grizzly Peak. What can they do to retroactively make the very pedestrian looking Disneyland hotel towers not stick out like a sore thumb.
Look up the art for Fantasy Springs, Universal Studios Beijing and Epic Universe. Epic Universe‘s hotel in particular is tall but the lands are designed as physically and visually isolated. Buildings can be reskinned. I wouldn’t expect today’s Disney to do it well but it is doable, especially with the way Disney‘s recent towers are boxes with stuff glued onto them.

mickEblu

Look up the art for Fantasy Springs, Universal Studios Beijing and Epic Universe. Epic Universe‘s hotel in particular is tall but the lands are designed as physically and visually isolated. Buildings can be reskinned. I wouldn’t expect today’s Disney to do it well but it is doable, especially with the way Disney‘s recent towers are boxes with stuff glued onto them.

Things can be done to help but I don’t see how it could make a major difference and like you said I wouldn’t trust them to do it well. See the GOTG show building at Epcot.

Brer Oswald

At least Pooh milking resulted in some surprisingly decent material (The Tigger Movie and Piglet's Big Movie still holds a special place in my heart). Not to mention how popular Roo quickly became after the success of The Tigger Movie. However, My Friends Tigger and Pooh pales in comparison to The New Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh due to how good the writing for the series was and how emotional some episodes gotten.
Agreed. Every word. I still wish Paul Winchell got to voice Tigger in the movie though.

britain

I agree, this is all hypothetical stuff. But the fact that this overhead schematic has plenty of detailed “back of house” areas and it matches really well to the painterly concept art indicates to me that this wasn’t some scribbly “blah blah attractions go here” space filler stuff.

These designs have been thought through. Will they look a lot different by opening day? Sure. Might something completely different be built. Absolutely. But the details here betray the hand of serious planning, not armchair Imagineering.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I agree, this is all hypothetical stuff. But the fact that this overhead schematic has plenty of detailed “back of house” areas and it matches really well to the painterly concept art indicates to me that this wasn’t some scribbly “blah blah attractions go here” space filler stuff.

These designs have been thought through. Will they look a lot different by opening day? Sure. Might something completely different be built. Absolutely. But the details here betray the hand of serious planning, not armchair Imagineering.
I disagree. It was meant to show you the size of the space they want to use. all the water and trees etc in the expansion are just place holders.

lazyboy97o

Yeah, no. Someone with experience could have that level of detail drawn in a day. Bring it into SketchUp and in a few hours you have 3D massings that can be the base of an aerial. Using stuff that already exists only helps add ”detail”.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom