News Disneyland Working on Future Master Plan- includes Theme Park Expansions, Retail/Entertainment Space, and More!

Mouse3268

The Orange County Register has a name "DisneylandForward," concept art, and this:

"The DisneylandForward presentation included concept art from Disney theme park projects around the globe that provide a “flavor” of what future expansion could look like at the Disneyland resort. The projects presented by Lomboy included the Tangled, Frozen and Peter Pan themed lands coming to Tokyo Disneyland in Japan, the Zootopia themed land, Disneytown retail district and the Tron roller coaster at Shanghai Disneyland in China and Toy Story Land and Disney Springs shopping district at Walt Disney World in Florida."

Inspired Figment

Oh.. so it’s basically just another Universal style park like “Epic Universe” that isn’t unique to DisneyParks really at all except for the different IPs used? *fart noise*
To be fair though, if this means more unique concepts coming to Disneyland & DCA and strict film IP based stuff being moved over there. I could get behind it.

Last edited:

themarchhare

Rehire and pay your employees a living wage before building a third gate.

Uh Oh Wow GIF by Disney+

Brer Oswald

But really, their flavours are two overseas lands that haven’t opened yet (which I’m sure are lovely given the typically high overseas budgets), a coaster overseas which has an average reputation, and quite possibly the weakest land in modern theme park history?

These comparisons are pretty strange. Unless we are just getting clones here.

J4546

overall, i dig it, like you said its 2 expansions, 1 for each park. With a new entrance plaza for both of them off downtown disney. Im not sold on the theming at all though, I dont want a bunch of clones, I want some new and unique stuff, speaking of which I dont see the tron coaster in the concept art? And id really rathey they fix what they have before anything like this gets built.

Stevek

Wow. Exactly the comment I made on another thread about expanding Disneyland into the old DTD lot and the discussion we all had about DCA expanding into the lot behind PP. The Toy Story Lot is interesting. I'd rather a full blown 3rd park be build vs a mixed use with one theme park building and hotels/shopping.

BUILD IT NOW! (with Anaheim's help getting it approved)

Last edited:

TP2000

disneyland-forward-map-future.png
Actually this looks to me like an expansion of the existing two parks using land around the hotels rather than an actual third gate. With that section in the Toy Story parking lot as new shopping area and not much "theme park", even though they say "could include".

Now that plan makes sense!

It's not a "third park", it's merely large expansion pads for the two existing parks. Accessed via bridges over Disneyland Drive.

This is also a grand plan that would take a couple decades to flesh out and complete. Unless something changes radically in the way Burbank manages and invests in their Anaheim property, then that's a plan that would take a decade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom