News Disneyland Working on Future Master Plan- includes Theme Park Expansions, Retail/Entertainment Space, and More!

britain

Here is a question- their last Disenyland expansion "Galaxy's Bland" was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. Do you really trust these imagineers to successfully pull off this giant expansion?? These are the guys who gave us noooo kinetic energy Luke or Darth Vader in their Star Wars land and make it look like a depressing bombed out town in the middle east and also gave us this:
View attachment 542385Do you really want them to mess with expanding Walt's original park?

Would you rather they tear down existing DL attractions or expand across the street? This buys Storybook Land and the Subs another lease on life.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
From the Anaheim Chamber of Commerce

>> Today, the Walt Disney Company unveiled DisneylandForward, a multi-year initiative to engage Anaheim residents and officials to update the Disneyland Resort’s development to meet present and future demands for an integrated, immersive entertainment and vacation experience. DisneylandForward will form the basis for future expansion of the Resort.

"This is exciting news, coming as the Resort Area begins to re-open,” said Todd Ament, President and CEO of the Anaheim Chamber of Commerce. "DisneylandForward’s vision means business growth, more and better jobs, and increased tax revenues to invest back into Anaheim’s neighborhoods.”

“The economic engine of Anaheim is about to become bigger and generate more opportunity and hope for the city,” said Ament.

The DisneylandForward initiative comes on the heels of Disney’s announcement that it will re-open the Disneyland Resort and Disney California Adventure on April 30, initially at limited capacity but expanding as the pandemic recedes.

If you would like to learn more about these exciting plans for the future, please visit the project website at DisneylandForward.com.<<
How very coordinated.

lazyboy97o

As someone whose career is related to the development field.....this is often how it goes. Many developers don't green light the cost of putting any serious thought or designs into a plan unless they can get the general concept the preliminary approvals needed first. Get enough approvals in place to prevent future denials and then value engineer the heck out of it.
This isn’t even general concept. It is the most, ridiculous thing they could do if essentially exempt from the development review process.

Also, what is the road clearance required around electrical towers?
That would all depend on the utility easements.

Californian Elitist

I think we have to go with the quote on the back for sure. As for the logo I’m thinking a beehive with this guy flying out of it...

View attachment 542357
I was thinking we could make it Pooh-themed (plenty of bee imagery there), keeping the Disney look without a Disney message. We don’t need our entire title, just “The Hive” with our individual names. The next Disney social club, basically. Lol.

View attachment 542386
What @raven24 said....

I think it was said by a regular MiceChatter... but I might not be remembering that correctly, so don't quote me on that. Someone else might remember better.
You’re right, it was MiceChat.

Some of us DO know everything, BTW.

View attachment 542390

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Original Poster
2FA541C6-F700-4AEF-A7B1-0D5E55E06419.jpeg

68479BC2-92EA-45DC-B36A-C07993FCB89E.jpeg

🤔

Disney Analyst

I doubt half of this ever becomes real and if it does..shame on Disney for doing this before fixing DCA, fixing all the issues with Indy, before fixing Tomorrowland. Also also, I find it funny when there is Disneyland news all of a sudden people from the wdw side come over here to give their 2 cents after months of never posting on here or being a regular on this side.

I feel like that would assume Disney see’s all of those things as actual priority issues worth addressing over expanding capacity.

mickEblu

They could just incorporate the hotel like has and is being done with other park hotels.

How is it being done? Grand California works because it’s not very tall and was built to match Grizzly Peak. What can they do to retroactively make the very tall and pedestrian looking Disneyland hotel towers not stick out like a sore thumb?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom