News Disneyland Working on Future Master Plan- includes Theme Park Expansions, Retail/Entertainment Space, and More!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I was looking at the industrial/commercial land in Anaheim between Anaheim Blvd, Ball, and State College. This could be a potential 3rd Theme Park spot if they can somehow buy up all the land there. @Darkbeer1 . Is this land possible for Disney to purchase?
Doing that would separate it from the rest of the resort, something I don't think Disney or Anaheim would want. Especially considering it could cause increased traffic. Plus I think that would put it outside the current Resort District, something again I don't think Disney and specifically Anaheim would want.

lazyboy97o

Remember that time Disney announced a multibillion dollar park was going to be built in Anaheim or Long Beach?

Remember when Anaheim gave Disney what it wanted to build the multi-billion dollar park in Anaheim and not Long Beach?

Remember when that multi-billion dollar Long Beach park was built in Tokyo while Anaheim got a less than billion dollar park?

Remember that time Disney took concept art from the once Long Beach now Tokyo park and put it on a website telling Anaheim, “If you just give us more you might get this.”?

Anaheim doesn’t remember.

Sharon&Susan

I’m not so certain. The big concept art illustration is definitely purposely blobby and vague, but that overhead layout looks very specific. I wouldn’t be shocked if that is what gets built.
This. It’s like the Universal Studios Beijing Master Plan that shows the second theme park which is just a mirrored version of Universal Studios Florida. This is existing art (from Tokyo DisneySEA, which is quite brazen given the history of that park) and images paired with a plan that likely has very little in the way of programming behind it.

Stevek

9DAAEED9-3B8B-4C97-A799-2889A145629C.png

CaptainAmerica

Remember that time Disney announced a multibillion dollar park was going to be built in Anaheim or Long Beach?

Remember when Anaheim gave Disney what it wanted to build the multi-billion dollar park in Anaheim and not Long Beach?

Remember when that multi-billion dollar Long Beach park was built in Tokyo while Anaheim got a less than billion dollar park?

Remember that time Disney took concept art from the once Long Beach now Tokyo park and put it on a website telling Anaheim, “If you just give us more you might get this.”?

Lol get rekt Anaheim.

DrAlice

So I know this is "blue sky" concept art and we shouldn't take it too seriously, but there are some interesting things here to ponder.

1. The connection between DCA and its expansion: Is the expansion walkway placed right in the parade corridor?
  2. Is that a covered walkway between the Grand Californian and Paradise Pier Hotel?
  3. Did the DT Disney Monorail station get removed?
Interesting. Again, I realize that this is not actually reality and I should just take it all with a bucket of salt.

Looking at this laid out really emphasizes a missed opportunity to put Galaxy's Edge in that DCA expansion pad and retheme the Paradise Pier Hotel to Star Wars. Oh well. Hindsight and all of that....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m not so certain. The big concept art illustration is definitely purposely blobby and vague, but that overhead layout looks very specific. I wouldn’t be shocked if that is what gets built.
I wouldn't be surprised if the art was a a suite of pre-existing building outlines of other park attractions around the world shoved into a park to show an idea of the type of expansion. That makes it look definite, but it's not really.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Doing that would separate it from the rest of the resort, something I don't think Disney or Anaheim would want. Especially considering it could cause increased traffic. Plus I think that would put it outside the current Resort District, something again I don't think Disney and specifically Anaheim would want.
I had the same thought, but then I saw what universal was doing in Orlando.

EPCOTCenterLover

Oh, I bet Anaheim remembers! It's just that needing money does funny things to people and corporations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom