Disneyland / Walt Disney World - get it right!

meryll83

Original Poster
Ok, is it just me being a super Disney geek or do other people have the uncontrollable need to correct people when they start talking about Disneyland in Florida?
It happened again just as I woke up this morning and put Radio 1 on. Chris Moyles was talking about his friend being on holiday in Florida and then he started talking about Disneyland (as if this were what it is called there). I started to grumble and my boyfriend was like "yes yes we know"
Hmmmm.... maybe I do this too often but I can't help it!!!

gjpjtj

You're not the only one who feels that way, however a lot of people just couldn't care less. So sometimes it's not worth correcting.:)

ZapperZ

But even when they get it right, they then go "Oh, we like Disney World a lot more than Epcot and the other parks." :lol:

I then patiently explain to them that what they meant was "The Magic Kingdom", which is one of the theme parks in the whole Walt Disney World resort, etc... etc.

Then I leave and pull out all of my hair! :D

Zz.

hcswingfield

When we were at Epcot 2 weeks ago, we listened as a cast member from the Voices of Liberty patiently explained that the USA pavillion was not where the Hall of Presidents was. Every time the cast member would say "The Hall of Presidents is in the Magic Kingdom" the park visitor would say "Oh, it's in Disney World. I thought this was Disney World!"

neelix

choose wisely

you just have to chose your battles and not correct people too much no matter how much it bugs you:brick:

MainSt1993

Don't worry - Disneyland gets its share too. A frequent question I was asked was "Where is Magic Mountain?" This question, I came to find, could mean any of DLR's mountains or the actual theme park Six Flags Magic Mountain. I'd usually start off giving them directions to Magic Mountain and take it from there. :brick:

"Oh, it's really easy - just get on the I-5 north for about an hour, and get off on Magic Mountain Parkway. Follow the signs."

"<SIGH> I meant Space Mountain."

"Oh! Okay, no problem. It's real easy. Exit the park, and take the hotel tram to the Disneyland Hotel. Walk through the waterfalls, then upstairs to the Monorail. Take the Monorail to the first stop - walk toward the Matterhorn. Walk to the left of the Matterhorn to the front of the castle, get on the horse drawn carriage. That will take you to the Main St Railroad Station. Get on board. Exit Tomorrowland Station. If you see the Primeval World, you've gone too far and you have to start over. So, exit Tomorrowland Station. Space Mountain will be around the corner to your left. Look for me standing right here - go up the escaltor you see right behind me marked SPACE MOUNTAIN ENTRANCE - WAIT TIME 30 MINUTES."

Before you all start throwing rocks at me, I never actually said any of that to a guest. Just my inner monologue. :lookaroun

makonyy15

"<SIGH> I meant Space Mountain."

"Oh! Okay, no problem. It's real easy. Exit the park, and take the hotel tram to the Disneyland Hotel. Walk through the waterfalls, then upstairs to the Monorail. Take the Monorail to the first stop - walk toward the Matterhorn. Walk to the left of the Matterhorn to the front of the castle, get on the horse drawn carriage. That will take you to the Main St Railroad Station. Get on board. Exit Tomorrowland Station. If you see the Primeval World, you've gone too far and you have to start over. So, exit Tomorrowland Station. Space Mountain will be around the corner to your left. Look for me standing right here - go up the escaltor you see right behind me marked SPACE MOUNTAIN ENTRANCE - WAIT TIME 30 MINUTES."

Before you all start throwing rocks at me, I never actually said any of that to a guest. Just my inner monologue. :lookaroun

:lol: :lol:

Since1976

I don't get bent out of shape over people getting the name wrong. Those who call WDW "Disneyland" obviously have never been to either park, so I actually rather feel sorry for them, because they've been missing out.

Now, if it were someone I know *planning* a trip, of course I would be sure to correct them, as I wouldn't want them accidentally buying tickets to the wrong park online!

(BTW, in the same vein, I get the islands of Hawaii mixed up with Fiji, and even sometimes the islands in the Caribbean! Never been to any of those places, but I hope to correct my ignorance of them soon)

meryll83

Original Poster
I feel the samething. Maybe you should have called in to the radio station and fixed the guy.
He's the sort of guy that would have taken the Mickey (pun intended :animwink: ) and just tried to make a fool out of me, so it wouldn't be worth it.
I'll let him live in ignorance :)

symon

OK, I have to admit, sometimes I say Disneyland when I mean Disney World, but I live on the West Coast and it is more natural to say Disneyland, we have been there many times. Now we are planning a trip to Florida, and I KNOW it is Disney world (and not just the Magic Kingdom), but some times in the excitement of talking about our upcoming trip I slip and say Disneyland, I am sorry and usually try to correct myself, but I do think most of those I am talking to don't even realize I made a mistake.:lookaroun

vmkaddict

There have been times when I've told someone that I'm going to Disney World, their response: oh really?......California or Florida?.......my response....eye roll:brick:

Imaginationeer

Usually these confused guests will get an EZ pass, ride the haunted house, get autographs from Snuggle Bunny, Bert, the Lion King, Yellow Rabbit, and Launchy McQuack, then take the monorail from Disney World to Epcot, and end their day by going on Soarin"G" and the big ball!

(just a sample of some of the things i've heard over the years)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom