Disneyland To Open Sept. 16th?

BayouShack

A friend of a friend who works merchandise was called back to start work on the 28... so there's a chance Disney's planning for something like that.

No one in Food and Beverage has been recalled—including receivers—so I’m skeptical they’re planning anything like the festival at Knott’s.

flutas

But that being said, wouldn’t it be expected that they get called back earlier than a 28 start date if the OPENING is on Sept 28? I’d love to hear more details on this call back.

I could see the 28th being confused between "reopening" and "callback" dates.

I honestly believe Disney wants to open the park in early October to try and get FY21 "off to a good start."

It could also line up with the rumors of them considering 2020 a lost year if they meant it in terms of fiscal year rather than calendar year.

Darkbeer1

What to say...

There is a lot I wish I could post, but can't/won't.

My life has been real busy, as many of you can guess.

Lots of video conferencing, video and phone calls, Dealing with a very big chess board, and lots of moves to make in the next 57 days, and beyond.

Anaheim and Disney are off the table.

So let's talk Knott's. Knott's/Cedar Fair made a call yesterday, and they feel that they won't be able to open the Theme Park until at least November. Read into that whatever you wish.

I can tell you, there are a lot of frustrated folks across Southern California in regards to Sacramento and large venues, including San Diego, who has been in the best shape lately. (Not talking about Wildfires, in which people all of the Western States are worried, and trying to help out each other. Always been impressed by Firefighters and how they work together, even with different agencies and government levels).

I should some of mine here recently, sorry it was so cryptic.

Have meetings tomorrow, and Saturday. Monday is a Planning Commission, Tuesday is a City Council Meeting, though fairly light. Meetings on Wednesday, then travelling to Puerta Vallarta on Thursday. Friday, zooming from Mexico, will face the camera into the room, not the ocean view from the patio. Then home on Monday, and back to a full work schedule on Tuesday the 22nd until who knows when.

One positive piece of news.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But that being said, wouldn’t it be expected that they get called back earlier than a 28 start date if the OPENING is on Sept 28? I’d love to hear more details on this call back.
Opening in this case could mean callbacks.

I could see the 28th being confused between "reopening" and "callback" dates.

I honestly believe Disney wants to open the park in early October to try and get FY21 "off to a good start."

It could also line up with the rumors of them considering 2020 a lost year if they meant it in terms of fiscal year rather than calendar year.
Agreed

Figments Friend

October would make sense in some respects, since it will be a 'fresh start' to a new fiscal year.
We shall see.....

I am sure Disneyland will definitely want to be try to be open for the ludicrous X-mas season.
It is a big deal for the locals, and it would really be a disappointment for folks in the area.
Of course, for many, 2020 in general has been a 'disappointment' to put it mildly....

-

BuzzedPotatoHead89

October would make sense in some respects, since it will be a 'fresh start' to a new fiscal year.
We shall see.....

I am sure Disneyland will definitely want to be try to be open for the ludicrous X-mas season.
It is a big deal for the locals, and it would really be a disappointment for folks in the area.
Of course, for many, 2020 in general has been a 'disappointment' to put it mildly....

-

I agree with this. If reports of late September callbacks are true I would think a mid-to-late October opening may be feasible and preferred. I think Disney will want a couple weeks of “buffer” to work our the kinks and growing pains before opening for Christmas season.

They will likely also want to open for the Q1 financials as others mentioned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom