Disneyland To Open Sept. 16th?

cmwade77

Wrong, as @Askimosita indicated, indoor pools are allowed under the Orange tier not Red. Even hotels with indoor pools aren't allowed to reopen the indoor pool until Orange tier. So again you're just wrong any which way on that.

Besides Water Parks are classified under Theme Parks, not pools. And obviously we are still waiting for the Theme Park guidelines.
But it really comes down to if Great Wolf is classified as a hotel or a water park with rooms you can stay in.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But it really comes down to if Great Wolf is classified as a hotel or a water park with rooms you can stay in.
Either way it doesn't matter, ie:

If classified as a Water Park, then they can't reopen until the Theme Park guidelines are released.

If classified as just a hotel with an indoor pool, then they can't reopen any of the indoor water areas until the county is in the Orange tier.

So unless they know something we don't, which could very well be, they just have a reopening "plan" that is very "subject to change" like Disney.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
There's a lot of room at the bottom of that barrel. DLNT (Tom's Disneyland counterpart) posted their own clickbait article (surprise, surprise) that the signs were an indication of an imminent opening. Ugh.
Well they're not lying, we've technically been on the verge of imminent reopening since July.... ;) 😂 😂 😂

Mac Tonight

cf3403a44afac001803b4cb6732dea98.gif

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
Am I wrong, or is this not a very good sign for theme parks opening up anytime soon?

I was thinking that too, but I also heard that Knott’s is pretty successful with these tasting events; they also already extended APs to get all of next year free. So maybe financially it made sense?

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Actually, I ha e just heard that they have events planned through the end of the year and will adjust them once they can reopen.

Since Knott's already extended their season passes through end of 2021, I think that makes sense. I actually think DCA should just do the same.

Even if DL can get the green light to reopen (as a “real theme park“) sometime this year I still think doing a hard ticketed ticketed Fall food event and/or festival of holidays for BVS/Carsland/Grizzly areas of DCA makes more sense for the remainder of the year. It would solve the potential park-hopping/demand problem and could serve as a DTD crowd control overflow.

Just reopen DCA in early Spring 2021. Have a “grand reopening” for a (possibly belated) 20th anniversary event and maybe time it with a plausible open for Spidey/Marvel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom