Disneyland To Open Sept. 16th?

Darkbeer1

>>Now, restaurants, movie theaters and places of worship can resume indoor operations at 25% capacity, or 100 people, whichever is fewer.

Gyms, yoga studios, museums and others forced to operate outside can now open indoors – gyms and yoga studios at 10% capacity, museums at 25% capacity.

Piercing and tattoo parlors, which had been ordered shut, can reopen indoors with modifications, and grocery stores and other retailers can beef up their indoor capacities from one-quarter to half.

But other sectors such as bars, concert venues and theme parks must remain closed; employees at non-essential offices are to continue working from home.

And Orange County’s K-12 schools again are on track to reopen in two weeks, on Sept. 22. There had been initial confusion after the state unveiled its new tracking system about whether local schools could reopen this week, per a timeline set by the state’s now-defunct watch list.<<

Mac Tonight

Newsom just being Newsom...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

TP2000

The first wave of re-adjusted counties has hit the news here in San Diego this afternoon. Predictably, it's mostly about how Los Angeles County is still deeply in the Purple and even if they stole San Diego's NFL team they still are a horrible place to live. 🤣

The San Diego news did make note that Orange County has moved to the Red category, with 4.9 cases per 100K. And looking at the data released today, Orange County is actually already in the next lower Orange category of only 4.2% positivity testing.

Los Angeles County is still deep, deep into Purple as it's still at 11 cases per 100K, which puts it over double OC's number and well over the threshold for remaining Purple.

Which brings us to theme parks. As Newsom's dynamic conversation on that industry continues through September in that space, he's going to have to do some elaborate origami contortions to allow Los Angeles County theme parks (Universal Studios, Six Flags) to reopen at the same time the parks in OC and San Diego reopen (Disneyland, Knott's, Sea World, Legoland).

Los Angeles County's naughty numbers look like it's going to remain Purple for the next re-assesment on September 29th, and that would keep LA County Purple through October 20th at the earliest. Meanwhile, Orange County is already half red/half orange, and would seem to be a shoe-in for Orange category on September 29th.

TP2000

KFMB Radio Update: Orange County is actually much lower than San Diego County on the new numbers, and Orange County is most definitely already in the lower Orange tier for positivity testing.

Here's how the SoCal Counties stack up from today's statewide re-assesment, from naughtiest to nicest:

Los Angeles County = 11 Cases per 100K, 4.3% Positivity
San Bernardino County = 8.6 Cases per 100K, 7.5% Positivity

Riverside County = 8 Cases per 100K, 7.8% Positivity
San Diego County = 6.9 Cases per 100K, 4.3% Positivity
Orange County = 4.9 Cases per 100K, 4.2% Positivity

TheRealBobIger

KFMB Radio Update: Orange County is actually much lower than San Diego County on the new numbers, and Orange County is most definitely already in the lower Orange tier for positivity testing.

Here's how the SoCal Counties stack up from today's statewide re-assesment, from naughtiest to nicest:

Los Angeles County = 11 Cases per 100K, 4.3% Positivity
San Bernardino County = 8.6 Cases per 100K, 7.5% Positivity

Riverside County = 8 Cases per 100K, 7.8% Positivity
San Diego County = 6.9 Cases per 100K, 4.3% Positivity
Orange County = 4.9 Cases per 100K, 4.2% Positivity

These numbers and colors are really giving me flashbacks to our discussions about “Rise Before Dawn”. Hard to believe that was the beginning of this year. Good times!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The first wave of re-adjusted counties has hit the news here in San Diego this afternoon. Predictably, it's mostly about how Los Angeles County is still deeply in the Purple and even if they stole San Diego's NFL team they still are a horrible place to live. 🤣

The San Diego news did make note that Orange County has moved to the Red category, with 4.9 cases per 100K. And looking at the data released today, Orange County is actually already in the next lower Orange category of only 4.2% positivity testing.

Los Angeles County is still deep, deep into Purple as it's still at 11 cases per 100K, which puts it over double OC's number and well over the threshold for remaining Purple.

Which brings us to theme parks. As Newsom's dynamic conversation on that industry continues through September in that space, he's going to have to do some elaborate origami contortions to allow Los Angeles County theme parks (Universal Studios, Six Flags) to reopen at the same time the parks in OC and San Diego reopen (Disneyland, Knott's, Sea World, Legoland).

Los Angeles County's naughty numbers look like it's going to remain Purple for the next re-assesment on September 29th, and that would keep LA County Purple through October 20th at the earliest. Meanwhile, Orange County is already half red/half orange, and would seem to be a shoe-in for Orange category on September 29th.
Actually LA County should be able to be reassessed on the 22nd. It only takes two weeks of "good" data to move to the next tier.

mickEblu

Actually LA County should be able to be reassessed on the 22nd. It only takes two weeks of "good" data to move to the next tier.

What happens when cases inevitably go up the more people start going out? Shut down again like in July? They have to be willing to accept the numbers going up a bit.

mickEblu

Newsom mentioned this during the press conference today. They are specifically trying to prevent having any county from going backwards in the tiers as much as possible. Also they are trying to prevent any shutdown. Its the reason why more counties weren't moved to Red today.

so how are they going about this? Hopefully by lowering the unrealistic guidelines. Numbers will spike up the more people go out. Keeping them in one phase longer is just delaying the inevitable.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
so how are they going about this? Hopefully by lowering the unrealistic guidelines.
I don't think the guidelines we have now with the tier system are all that unrealistic.

As for how they are going about preventing things like I mentioned. They are holding off on some counties moving to a higher tier like I mentioned by a week or two. The hope is that it'll slow any "surge" in cases by slowing the reopening within that county.

mickEblu

I don't think the guidelines we have now with the tier system are all that unrealistic.

As for how they are going about preventing things like I mentioned. They are holding off on some counties moving to a higher tier like I mentioned by a week or two. The hope is that it'll slow any "surge" in cases by slowing the reopening within that county.

I don’t remember exactly but I thought it was as long as there are like 7 new cases (or maybe even less a day) in Orange County DL wont be able to open right?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don’t remember exactly but I thought it was as long as there are like 7 new cases (or maybe even less a day) in Orange County DL wont be able to open right?
Well since we don't know the guidelines yet for theme parks, we don't know what the county requirements would be if any.

However if we base it on the "Orange" tier its the following:
1 - 3.9
daily new cases (per 100k)

2 - 4.9%
Positive tests

mickEblu

Well since we don't know the guidelines yet for theme parks, we don't know what the county requirements would be if any.

However if we base it on the "Orange" tier its the following:
1 - 3.9
daily new cases (per 100k)

2 - 4.9%
Positive tests

How many new daily cases does Orange County have now ?

Darkbeer1

>>
Gov. Gavin Newsom said California is “getting closer” to reopening Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood and other theme parks in the state after nearly six months of coronavirus closures.

Newsom commented on his discussions with major California amusement park operators during a news conference on Tuesday, Sept. 8.

“Conversations are ongoing, just as a reminder, for theme parks, amusement parks and the like,” Newsom said.<<

mickEblu

5.2 per 100k. However I beleive that number is based on the recent assessment. I believe its lower now, closer to 4.9, but don't quote me on that.

Oh I guess that should have been the first question I asked then. If true, it’s not all that unrealistic. They just have to be willing not to panic and shut everything down again if and when the numbers go back up a little.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Oh I guess that should have been the first question I asked then. If true, it’s not all that unrealistic. They just have to be willing not to panic and shut everything down again if and when the numbers go back up a little.
Yes that is what this whole tier system is about. If for example OC gets worse, well it'll just go back to "Purple". But requires 2 full weeks of not meeting the "Red" tier criteria. However if the reverse happens and OC meets the "Orange" criteria for two weeks then it moves to "Orange".

But Purple is always the worse it can get, at least in this system.

mickEblu

Yes that is what this whole tier system is about. If for example OC gets worse, well it'll just go back to "Purple". But requires 2 full weeks of not meeting the "Red" tier criteria. However if the reverse happens and OC meets the "Orange" criteria for two weeks then it moves to "Orange".

But Purple is always the worse it can get, at least in this system.

but it’s a little too much ask Disneyland to Shut their gates again just because the OC averages 5 new cases a day per 100k for a couple weeks no?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
but it’s a little too much ask Disneyland to Shut their gates again just because the OC averages 5 new cases a day per 100k for a couple weeks no?
Which again is why theme parks aren't part of this new tier system. Newsom has indicated they will be part of a different criteria system. Just like back in March when Disneyland was exempt from having to close, even though Disney did it anyways on their own.

mickEblu

Which again is why theme parks aren't part of this new tier system. Newsom has indicated they will be part of a different criteria system. Just like back in March when Disneyland was exempt from having to close, even though Disney did it anyways on their own.

It’s great to hear parks aren’t part of that system but it also makes absolutely no sense lol. So the parks will have looser restrictions than Targets, restaurants etc.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It’s great to hear parks aren’t part of that system but it also makes absolutely no sense lol. So the parks will have looser restrictions than Targets, restaurants etc.
Different doesn't mean looser. For all we know they might have stricter restrictions. We just don't know at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom