Disneyland To Open Sept. 16th?

Tamandua

Healthy OC residents should just get tested over and over and bring down the positive percentage of tests.

westie

Original Poster
Healthy OC residents should just get tested over and over and bring down the positive percentage of tests.

What there needs to be is an immunity test. I feel a large segement of the population is immune, completely or partially. No one I know has had it. I'm a Calif. resident and the closest case I personally know about is a friend of a friend in New York state. Bring on an immunity test and let us get back to some type of normalcy. That being said, my DLR trip is in two weeks. Heck, honor my hotel ressie and I'll just hang out in DtD for 2 days...

Darkbeer1

What there needs to be is an immunity test. I feel a large segement of the population is immune, completely or partially. No one I know has had it. I'm a Calif. resident and the closest case I personally know about is a friend of a friend in New York state. Bring on an immunity test and let us get back to some type of normalcy. That being said, my DLR trip is in two weeks. Heck, honor my hotel ressie and I'll just hang out in DtD for 2 days...

These guys are open!

Easy Walking Distance to DtD, plus you have a second place to check out during your visit.

wild01ride

What there needs to be is an immunity test. I feel a large segement of the population is immune, completely or partially.

Uhhh...am I reading something wrong with regards to this statement or miss the sarcasm?
There is an “immunity test” (it’s called an “antibody test”) that indicates if your body possesses COVID-19 antibodies, which means your immune system has the ability to battle the virus.
Please tell me this isn’t an Eastern U.S. only thing? 😆

Californian Elitist

That would make sense if they didn't want to stay closed for political purposes. Even by the official numbers (confirmed cases multiplied by 10 according to the cdc for actual cases), 1 in 6 people in California have already been infected and have immunity (probably a lot more). If they promoted the number of deaths in relation to the actual number of cases, everyone would realize that this is all ridiculous. They want to stay closed. They want people to keep thinking the deaths are caused only by covid (and not by comorbidities), and make up a huge percentage of cases, but it's not true.

More than 7 million people in California are immune, and yet they are supposed to continue acting like they are infected. It's absurd. There's no reason for it except to hurt the economy. This virus is so similar to the flu that they're worried about not being able to tell one from the other during flu season.

"But you can get it again." So what. It's extremely unlikely. I'm so tired of hearing people grasping at straws trying to justify keeping everything locked down. Did you know that underlying conditions account for 94% of covid deaths?

“All ridiculous?” “So what?” Some of us have lost family members (my great aunt) to COVID-19 and have friends who have lost family members to COVID-19. My grandma caught it and could easily catch it again, which would NOT be good. My roommate and her entire family caught it and her dad has been in the hospital since August 1.

Forgive some of us if we want to be cautious. Your post is absurd.

lazyboy97o

Uhhh...am I reading something wrong with regards to this statement or miss the sarcasm?
There is an “immunity test” (it’s called an “antibody test”) that indicates if your body possesses COVID-19 antibodies, which means your immune system has the ability to battle the virus.
Please tell me this isn’t an Eastern U.S. only thing? 😆
Not enough is currently known to equate a positive antibody test with immunity.

Tamandua

“All ridiculous?” “So what?” Some of us have lost family members (my great aunt) to COVID-19 and have friends who have lost family members to COVID-19. My grandma caught it and could easily catch it again, which would NOT be good. My roommate and her entire family caught it and her dad has been in the hospital since August 1.

Forgive some of us if we want to be cautious. Your post is absurd.
You can be cautious and not demand everyone else's freedom. Are your family's lives more important than the freedom of millions of people? People go to war and give up their lives to fight for freedom. You're worried your grandma might get sick so you want to take away the freedom of people to live their lives. If you're so worried about your family, lock them up inside and take precautions to keep them safe. Don't demand that everyone else be locked up inside so that your grandma is marginally safer.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
For the people that are on this thread that are demanding for further closure: why are you here, on a thread discussing the speculation of Disneyland opening soon? You literally took something so fun—in a time that is NOT fun—and twisted it to criticize anyone hoping for a reopening soon. This is just a cyclical argument of half-truths and strong opinions now. If you want to keep Disneyland closed, I understand your perspective. And you can do your part to not go if your comfort level is different than that of someone else’s. But please let us at least have the enjoyment of discussing this.

George Lucas on a Bench

From what I hear, Downtown Disney, which I've never gone into since it reopened because there's nothing I'd want to do in there including being treated like a terrorist and harrassed by bomb-sniffing dogs, has been increasingly packed by people desperate for Disney fix.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom